Not exactly sure why my friend recieved a 6 month ban

My friend was banned for the same reason. Sent an appeal and they said they wouldn’t lift the ban. Around half an hour ago they lifted the ban. Be patient and wait for updates. People on wow reddit thread posted some are also being unbanned.

These kinds of people seem to cheat and lie the most in my experience. But regardless, none of this matters. The people who got hit have to appeal, if the appeals fail, than they’re lying or super oblivious about their actions. Discussing actions on the forums isn’t allowed, wiggle room is only made for asking for clarification on things. The correct explanation is: those who were hit need to appeal. Nobody else can do anything.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s not looking good.

Has your friend used any cloud based gaming services?

1 Like

This gif scared the crap out of me. It played as soon as I loaded the page (and keeps randomly replaying it). I had no idea where the sound came from at first :slight_smile:

On topic, OP have your friend check there email/status. It seems like many bans are currently being overturned from this wave.

Hmm. I edited it out, idk if I’m allowed to have something do that.

It’s the only gif I’ve seen on these forums that played without pressing it.

I didn’t even think about it possibly being against the rules, just thought the mild heart attack it gave me was funny :grinning:

Not sure if you can really do much about it if they are perhaps, standing in the same room together :slight_smile:

Should be a bit cautious on hurling out those types of assumptions as it can have a pretty negative affect on his situation especially when like friends, are friends are not necessarily sharing anything; just hanging out and helping each other.

I know a lot on these forums are kind of looking for this sort of thing; just care about protecting the innocents :slight_smile:

We’ve seen it time and time again where someone was actually sharing an account. If you’d look at my previous posts in this thread, I did apologize for the assumption. However, based on the wording, it did appear as though account sharing was going on.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Also people like to come here to cast shade on others and stir up drama to those that are not anti-Blizzard.

The point has been made, Appeals cannot be done over the forums, CS will not comment on the nature of the “ban wave”.

6 Likes

This might be bull on this instance: Rumor has it there was someone botting a bunch of druids in Moonguard Goldshire, reporting everyone for botting.

3 Likes

Not like I’m pulling out of my tail.

Patently false, judging by the different realms people have been posting in the forums on.

1 Like

I’m with Jodie here; you may be repeating someone else, but that someone else is repeating a rumor.

Given that Blizzard said that it was due to programs that change appearances, it’s really not the case.

4 Likes

Botting or multi-boxing? Cuz those are 2 different things
Also the ban wave is usually from actions that took place awhile ago

And the why has become apparent. Thanks for that thread, I don’t visit GD much.

1 Like

My son was banned last night, and I found it odd they accused him of using exploits, yet my account was not banned. After I tried to get help on forums and people just told me he must be a cheater, and lies to me, he was now unbanned. But…Wouldnt it have affected my account too if it were legit, and this stuff was on the computer? I wasnt banned. I rage unsubbed today instead lol. Though still have time until mid may.

1 Like