Not all Sylvanas fans are simps

Look at how hated Garrosh was compared to Sylvanas. And Sylvanas was far worse than Garrosh, she was also written far worse than Garrosh, and Garrosh himself wasn’t even written that well.

I totally agree with the notion, that the reason Sylvanas is more well-liked is because of her looks. Second to that is because she is a legacy character from WC3.

If they increase her chest size, more would start liking and forgiving her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

Idek man, after a certain point you start making the body displeasingly asymmetrical. I’m sure there are people into that, but the pie is shrinking to a niche at that point. And frankly Eonar already has those types locked down where WoW is concerned.

Are we talking WC3 Sylvie, Legion Sylvie, or BfA Sylvie? Because them’s some brave yet controversial words there.

1 Like

But Eonar is ugly.

Legion+

Well now you’ve crossed the line from being disagreeable but defensible to just being objectively wrong :-/

I’m so salty I almost missed that this reinforces my point re the (dis)association between breast growth and attractiveness

3 Likes

(☞ ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)☞ Job Failed Succesfully

1 Like

Not all people who like sylvanas are simps.

Some people just enjoy what most consider bad writing.

With the sheer hate some portions of the Player Base direct at her, she is going to need a wheelbarrow to cart them things around.

1 Like

Sylvanas/Garrosh is a weak comparison since Garrosh was barely a thing 2 expansion before his villain arc while Sylvanas had not only 6-7 expansion but she also had WC3 before her villain arc so of course she had more fan. Garrosh barely started to had fan when he got hit with the villain bat.

Then you are part of the problem. If you thing that the mainly reason for a OG WC3 edgy character who was nearly everything for one of the original horde race is only because of her look and not because she was a important WC3 character while being so important for the forsaken then something is wrong. As i said, why is body only important for female character but somehow people can like a crazy villain such as Illidan and accept redemption juste because they like the character…

4 Likes

Au contair good sir.

I too quite liked Sylvanas.

When she was actually a good character.

I liked Sylvanas before her looks were seemingly the only redeeming quality, as far as the writing is concerned. I liked Sylvanas when she was Sylvanas, and not that mess of 6D chess playing word-clutter she became. As far as I am concerned, the only people who still like Sylvanas, only likes her because of her looks, rather than because of her character, because she stopped being Sylvanas in Catalysm.

Although some parts with Sylvanas were still good in Catalysm.

Illidan was never redeemed, no one but another crazy chandelier tried to convince out that he was a good boy. A crazy trying to convince us that another crazy is not crazy… yeah, not gonna work on me bruh. X’era can go to the void.

There was no redemption story for Illidan, we stopped the ritual meant to bring Sargeras into Illidan’s body, Illidan was brought back as a result. Illidan liked to and wanted to throw stones at the legion, we liked to and wanted to throw stones at the legion, and thus we just shrugged and decided to have him work with us, rather than deny an extra hand against an endless army.

Don’t make us more stupid than we already are.

In fact, Illidan thing was even worst than redemption. Legion literally retcon Illidan as a saviour that was always fighting for our good and that wasn’t really evil and guess what? It was ridiculously accepted by the playerbase. The only person that didn’t accepted it was a few NE leader. Illidan redemption was even worst than Sylvanas but somehow people could accept it just because they like the character without his body being mentioned…

Then you have to know that not every one that still like Sylvanas liked the Bfa/shadowland Sylvanas. Since blizzard screw up so much their character development, many people like me just decide to not hate a character everytime they decide to villain bat them otherwise we wouldn’t had any leader to like aside of Anduin, Thrall, Baine and Malfurion…

So some people like us just decide to denied the bfa Sylvanas the same way that many people will probably deny the redeem Sylvanas. If people have no choice to hate the Bfa Sylvanas bad writing because this is what blizzard decided, than people should have no choice to accept Sylvanas redemption bad writing because this is also what blizzard decided. But if it is ok for people to deny the redemption just because it is bad writing, other people should also have the right to deny Bfa Sylvanas because it is bad writing.

I just hate the hypocrisy of how people decide which bad writing version of a character is ok and canon and which other should be denied. Either you accept every part of the writing or either you deny some part of the story but accept that other people do the same about other part of the story.

2 Likes

That is how Xe’ra liked to paint it, yes. None of Illidan’s actions had any rhyme or reason to them back in TBC regardless, we know not why he did what he did, all we know is that he was trying to escape from the Legion after again having failed to destroy the Lich King. Him actually working towards destroying the Legion is in no way far-fetched and quite believeable, even if it is a retcon.

It still was not a redemption though. That would imply that his transgressions were forgotten and forgiven. They were not, Xe’ra was still the only one trying to rationalise Illidan’s actions as ‘good’. And we know what kind of fanatical, obsessive, crazy chandelier Xe’ra was.

Nah, Sylvanas is no longer Sylvanas and liking her means that one only likes her for her looks.

I liked Sylvanas when she was Sylvanas… not when she is… whatever she became in Catalysm.

I do not see much hypocrisy. Sylvanas was a bad character in parts of Catalysm, fair enough in Mists of Pandaria, non-existent in WoD, bad in Legion, bad in BFA, still bad in Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Idek, it seemed like Velen had more positive feelings about Illi there at the end. I feel like redemption comes down more to reputation than anything, and Illi’s reputation both among players and his IC peers definitely was trending up in Legion (admittedly from an abysmal and much-deserved low point in TBC).

Of course this is stupid because Illidan is literally the worst and most offensive pile of refuse in the entire WoW canon, but redemption can be real stupid.

This has the interesting consequence that either Patty Mattson doesn’t like her own character or that Patty’s into chicks. Either conclusion is kind of entertaining, so I’m possibly maybe on board here.

Velen and the draenei also willingly fought alongside the Blood Elves, and Velen immediately turned against the player character to defend his corrupted son, after said son killed a naaru.

Velen also didn’t really have any feelings towards Illidan to begin with. He only saw Illidan in Legion.

Illidan have always been well-liked, and his entry in The Burning Crusade was just… confusing to many.

I can dismiss and not think about the opinions of those who do not know Warcraft. This includes some of the World of Warcraft developers.

I feel like you’re skimming over the larger issue of people being into Sylvie who aren’t into chicks.

Which, like, you could claim those people don’t exist? But that’d be dumb.

If we graphed Illi’s reputation over time, do you really think it wouldn’t show any upward trend from pre-Legion to post-Legion?

I’m too lazy to look this up, but I feel like the Velen x Illidan relationship was a focal point in the latter half of Legion’s story, being featured in beats from several cutscenes, and that it reflected the way many other NPCs and the player were supposed to feel about Illi–going from negative, skeptical, vaguely hostile to a begrudging respect. Am I misremembering?

Spaghetti is also straight until it gets wet.

Dunno, Illidan have always been a fairly popular character.

They had disagreement, that is what I saw.

But again, Velen not forgiving anyone… that would be uncharacteristic of him at this point.

So whatever Velen thinks is irrelevant.

2 Likes

I liked the post for this response alone

You are exactly what i was talking about. You decide whatever part of the story you accept and make it as the only real part of the story that everyone else should like. Not every one like the same thing as you.

I don’t care how you saw it. Illidan being good is how blizzard make him look in legion and how many people saw it.

You say this like it’s contemptible, but deeply biased takes can be funny or interesting, especially if the ObJEcTivE exegesis everyone else engages in is boring (and the story itself is way lamer than the wrong interpretations).

Like “Literally everyone who likes Sylvanas just wants her booty” is so obviously wrong, yet it’s such a funny idea to entertain that I’m kinda glad we spent some time on it.

1 Like

cool, well I’m glad you are entertained. For Sylvanas fans though it’s become a very dismissive and often times bullying tactic, like people in this thread above, and the OP of this thread, who were literally bullied out of posting in the forum.

But I’m so glad you got a laugh out of it.

1 Like

I get that, but people like that are here whatever Sylvie fans do. For me, laughing is a lot more fun than getting mad and similarly helps me cope.