#NOCHANGES will inevitably kill the game

I’d say its more likely you don’t know all the reasons people enjoy classic, and changing any of it could be a bad change for someone. Were things to change, how long before people want to go back to private servers for what they missed about what was changed.

Retail is what future development is for, and that’s where your “design requests/feedback” should go.

2 Likes

Keep classic the way it is. Create classic+ as a separate entity, keep retail as… whatever its suppose to be.

You’re currently paying for a Classic subscription and will continue to do so for the next couple of years until content runs dry.

Then BC can come out

Then Wrath can come out

Then…

There is a trend here.

Yeah but the problem is that TBC sucks and WOTLK is worse.

No, actually, Classic + is NOT the “only viable path” moving forward. Other options include:

1. Releasing the TBC and WotLK expansions, i.e. pre-Cataclysm game world content.

2. Blizzard devs finally accept the fact that the depth, complexity, and challenge of Classic - AS COMPARED TO RETAIL NOW - is much more appealing than just face-rolling content with forced META cookie-cutter dev-created builds. With that acceptance, Blizzard reworks retail to be more like Classic and eliminates the need for Classic altogether.

OSRS had to add content to keep the player base they rebuilt. Though I think they should let vanilla die eventually and remake TBC, then continue the cycle. It would not only recap the history of WoW but also give players like me a chance to play expansions they skipped. I’ve never played Cata or WoD, the latter I still don’t want to try.

I would be fine if they stopped after their current content release plans. TBC is as far a they should go though if they plan do go any further.

That’s great, you can quit when you run out of content while the rest of us move on to Classic+

How are these people already advocating for change when the game has been out a week? S T F U. You haven’t even gotten to 60 and you’re pushing your change ideals onto people.
#Nochange

2 Likes

“pushing your change ideals onto people.”
aka stating his opinion, i’m sorry this frightens you.

Classic was created to feed your nostalgia, not to build other game. honestly it’s funny seen all of the QQ threads from the people that spent all their time yelling “we just want classic wow back.” You all will never be satisfied. Try to enjoy it a little before getting all outraged.

No, people like you trying to change the game are what will kill it. Just leave Classic alone ffs, we’ve waited YEARS for this and before it even launched you people have been trying to change it.

2 Likes

You’ve waited YEARS for this game, that’s great! I have too!

Hopefully I won’t have to wait more than a couple of years to have some new content for the game I waited YEARS for!

Good news! You don’t. Retail is all the new content that came after Classic. Some really enjoy it. Check it out :smiley:

5 Likes

Unfortunately, that is not new content for classic. Retail is a different game in its entirety.

What we are hoping for is some new content for classic, the game we waited years for. I understand your confusion!

Hmm, “new content” is the literal antithesis of classic and Blizzard’s published stated mission goals. You might be in for a bit of a wait :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

How exactly does the content “run out?” Does the game uninstall once you clear the Raid with your character?

1 Like

That’s actually incorrect my friend.

They said they would consider Classic+, as well as releasing more expansions! I’m afraid you must do a little more research on the matter.

That’s a real shame if true :frowning: I’ll have to go to private servers to get the classic experience again

3 Likes

Lost me there. They update the models, even optionally, I’m out.

FYI, I’m really not interested in classic being the next cash cow. I don’t need it to “grow”. As long as there’s a place to enjoy the classic game as it was, I’m happy.