#nochanges to PvP! Include CRBGs

Can’t wait for them to say CRBGs will not be implemented just so I can come back here and laugh my jewels off at all these jokers.

1 Like

I think it’s fairly likely they won’t be in when BGs first launch.

The real question is, would they take them off the table entirely and commit to the idea that they’ll never use them in the future? I doubt they’d take them off the table entirely when you have no idea how bad the future server population and faction balance might become.

Oh you clearly understand it, you simply do not care.

Less accountability, more sponge AFKers, less rivalry, less notoriety…

3 Likes

I don’t see them implementing it right away.

Cross Realm? You must mean Battle Groups. Specific servers were placed into ques with each other.

It is always nice to hear someone definitively state what other people do or do not want. First, we have no idea how many servers they will have or what the population numbers will be. Second, we can only posit that people looking for classic are actual fans and there will likely be enough on both sides to balance each other out. Third, if an imbalance does occur, it can be addressed when and if it happens.

It’s a sad day when trolls need only post blizzard decisions to troll for reactions.

Sorry, but I pretty much disagree with you point for point. Battlegroups were necessary at the time to lower queues. Fine. We have no idea how many servers they are planning on, so this is a cart and horse situation. Name rec in battlegrounds was definitely a thing and it was a nice thing at that. CRZ ruins that because you end up playing against and with a different group of randos every freaking time. As for the 1premade garbage. Nope, sorry. Yes you would run into premades every now and then but I spent most of my time pvping and they were hardly every team you ran into.

can you don’t

With easy access to battlegrounds, WPVP honor grinding is self-defeating.

… oh yes it is. Developing rivalries, outright hatred, and self-destructive single-minded red haze is part of the Server PVP experience, in and out of BGs.

The biggest differences between Retail and Classic is the server community and lack of “rewards for easy access”.

While I expect them to introduce CRBGs, I fervently hope they introduce them in CP6, not CP4.

1 Like

Excellent post. I enjoy your succinct manner. I lack the patience to deal with most of the whining seriously.

Its sad as hell that blizzard couldnt have just come out and say, “Look we have the 1.12 data and we aren’t going to change it. Yeah we gave you guys the false pretense and hope that you could talk about what aspects as a community that would be implemented in classic. But we were really just peeing on your leg and telling you it was raining. We had no plans to let you guys decide on anything content wise that cost a penny more for us to make”. Now I wonder wtf weve been waiting for this whole time. They have the 1.12 data and aren’t planning to change it one bit. So other than making it work with battle net ect… and gating content why the hell is it taking this long to release?

Aside from one quote by J Allen Brack, nothing in the dozens of blue posts and dev watercoolers since has said anything like that. Blame Brack, everyone does, but that’s about it.

Imagine you wanted to translate a text on parchment that reads top to bottom, into a text on paper that reads left to write. You set a computer to it, but you need it to be as accurate as possible. So you’re going to read every line of that text to be sure the computer didn’t screw up.

Cross realm destroys server community.

If you like Cross realm, go back to retail.

Oh, Retail is a hollow and meaningless boring game full of the very conveniences you are peddling?

*Shocked Pikachu

3 Likes

See I was going to respond to you original post and try to have an honest discussion like we’ve had in the past. We’ve even come to understand each others points of view and reached a compromise. The edited part shows me your not worth talking with.

Because Blizzard has a ton of work to do making sure that what they did to apply Classic data to modern frameworks, you’re not willing to talk?

They literally said their data was sideways compared to their modern data.

Look have fun in classic and i hope you do well. Im gonna keep asking for pre 1.8 av. The whole but brach said but kaivax said is a mute point to be honest and my bringing up brachs statement was out of frustration to be sure. At this point I feel like from your post here and in other threads your just here to get your I told you so points and your only disagreement with me it seemed was if they were willing to change their minds or not and the meaning of what foundation meant. Now i know for sure. Theres no point discussing it with you further.

Know what, i understand. 100% i do. In a perfect scenerio it would be nothing but competitive play. Rivalrys all that nice jazz. And that was pretty much how it was, back in 2005 when people was still learning the game and still had a lot of clickers.

Its 2019, we are far past that type of gaming culture. People min max to the extreme now. We all have A LOT more information and practice now about the ins and outs of vanilla. Trust me, you will see premades way more rampant this time around especially from rankers. And their will be a dominate premade group. Remember, not everyones “skill” is equal. And just because YOU and Billy like solo queing doesnt mean everyone else will.

The feeling and experience we had back then wont be recreated. Just the joy of playing it again. I seriously wish we could recreate the raw experience we had but things will 100% be different this time around. You can ignore what i say or whatever. Just giving a more ‘this is reality’ mind set.

CRBGs are 1.12 feature, they should be in.

1 Like

Many of us are going to try and recreate a lot of that culture still. If you keep hard charging one enemy game after game, they’re going to notice and do it back.