#nochanges to PvP! Include CRBGs

Cross-realm Battlegrounds were in 1.12. #nochanges

Seriously though,

CRBGs are a postive for various reasons.

• Implement CRBGs WITHOUT Cross-realm grouping. By doing this, you promote PvP as a whole with more accessible BGs and lower proportions of premades while also promoting server-only groups.

• Historically, people sway one direction or the other on PvP servers, because of this, Q times will be pretty rough for the dominant faction.

• CRBGs make the endgame more robust. With the pace of Vanilla, if you only have an hour or so to play, you won’t be able to accomplish much. CRBGs add an endgame activity with less commitment.

• The first ~6-8 months will be World PvP ONLY. (Yes, no schedule yet, it was 8 months in Vanilla) Server rivalries will be well established and grouping with people on your server will be relevant for premades and therefore effective BG grinding. You WILL KNOW who the best players on your faction are and you will want to group with them.

11 Likes

Saqe, is that you?

11 Likes

You sure? Where’s the proof?

I don’t know what it was like before battlegroups but I would like shorter queue times

5 Likes

Well… This should go well

1 Like

Add them in CP6 for the authentic method.

3 Likes

U try-na trigger me bro?

Cross-realm Battleground are trash. You should all know this since that is what you have been playing since 1.12.

20 Likes

Im not 100% sure, but weren’t xrealms rolled out in the BC prepatch 2.0? Not sure, though.
Either way, 1.12 is only a part of vanilla and patch 1.12 that we’re working from is for mechanics not content.

2 Likes

Well we know Whiskee is back.

4 Likes

They were released in 1.12.

Why is there no progressive itemization then? That’s a bigger deal than CRBGs.

1 Like

Why? Better question is why bother. Xrealms were introduced supposedly for better queue times and no other reason. We don’t even know how the queue times will be, so why auto-go with xrealms?
Believe me, for mainly a pvper, this is more important than itemization.

5 Likes

The only thing this really enables is your reputation as a pvper wont really matter so much as you will be competing against a broader audience and not just your own server.
It might force a higher cap ceiling for HWL/GM which could be an issue since there will be more people at high ranks due to faster que times.

2 Likes

The false conclusion is that CRBG will give you very short queue times, it won’t.

This is what you have had for a very long time, and I bet you can find a recent post in the Battlegrounds forums whining about long queue times.

There is simply no need for this. CRBG was introduced when everybody already knew about BC coming and the Honor System being scrapped for something called Arena. By that point the only people spamming Battlegrounds just liked doing them. Most of the rankers had moved on to raiding.

Why wouldn’t you want to experience playing against people from your own server most or all of the time? It is so much more fun. This is what you get with CRBG.

6 Likes

Nah. For me, the worst thing about xrealms is that it destroys the server pvp community. You’re not going to go into a WSG and see an enemy hunter and recognize him and at the same time 2 others in your group would say… ooh, watch that hunter he is tricky. No mutual recognition or respect on server forums, no must kill targets. No nodding to a familiar and very good opponent. Not having this would be a great loss.

9 Likes

50 times this.

Cross realm bg promotes mindless zerging with people who can’t even speak your own language and afkers.

Doing bgs in bfa and legion was garbage compared to classic-wrath era.
Best eras for bgs they were low level wasn’t imbalance and high level has ok.

Either way pvp servers shouldn’t have anything like this unless it is too low to even get 10 people on both factions on at the same time and should only be linked to similar ones.

Que times increased and people started hating av is all I have gotten from cross realm bg and 1.12 style of it, black list surely destroyed it entirely.

2 Likes

It’s funny… People think they want server only battlegrounds but they really don’t. Inevitably one faction will have more, or many more, pvpers and queue times will either be too fast or slow. 1.12 crbg is one of the great ideas of the day.

1 Like

It really doesnt matter much to me, because when i played on private servers i saw different faces all the time. And it doesnt have crbgs.

If it was my choice id put in the option in the bg menu of wether anyone wants to do bgs server only or cross realm. Just to make things more fair.

They weren’t really “cross realm”, they were confined to a “battlegroup” of 4 or 5 servers.

4 Likes

This is true and had big implications in tbc when arenas started. I.e. some battlegrouos were much more competitive than others

1 Like

Ive played a bit on pservers and honestlly, the pvp scene on pservers is not even close to retail vanilla servers. Yes, there are a few dedicated pvpers there, but its not even close, so dont compare.