Nobody is crying about PvP

Funny thing happened in retail this expansion.

The Horde were continually complaining about no one wanting to PvP with them and the alliance were continually complaining that anytime they flagged for PvP it was a total on sided fight.

So the devs put in a one sided quest that dropped a piece of mythic level gear to kill 20 max level players in World PvP. And it was only for the faction that was underrepresented in world PvP.

You know what happened?

Overnight the forums became wall to wall complaints from horde players that they were getting camped at quests and flight paths and how the PvP quest was unfair. And this is in retail were they can just turn off PvP.

So what happened? The losing side with the lower population suddenly started destroying in a very big way. They knew they were out numbered so a lot of people teamed up and worked together and for a week David absolutely destroyed Goliath.

It was never about population imbalance. It was always about who was more willing to fight to win.

Here are some relevant facts:

1. There are more Horde than Alliance on PvP servers
  2. Horde side is more attractive to people who like to PvP
  3. World PvP in WoW is mostly about numbers
  4. There is no in-game mechanic that encourages Alliance to PvP more than Horde

Given your point above, and the facts I just listed, what do you think is the most likely outcome?

1 Like

What is happening on the servers with faction balance?

That PvP servers are a failed game design.

Unless your love is world PvP and the rest of the game is just a means to that end, you shouldn’t be on a PvP server. If you’re on your way to BRD and the enemy faction is in your way and you don’t think, “Awesome, we get to PvP instead of running an instance.” you shouldn’t be there.

The retail example had an artificial motivation. Choosing to play on PvP server should mean you don’t need that because what the retail example also showed is the motivation to fight is much more important than population balance.

There are still at least 100 level 60 alliance players on any server at any given time. That’s more than enough to liberate a zone for long enough for a few levelers to complete a quest or two.

You don’t like to PvP? What kind of server is that?

– and gear and levels and sometimes skill and yea, you know… it’s not really intended to be fair. It’s meant to be more realistic to how encounters happen IRL. Balance is for battlegrounds and they’re still unfair.

Right. You’re on a PvP server, so you should be at least equally willing to cause mayhem. If not, reroll.

You’re on the wrong server.

1 Like

Currently, the data we have available, AFAIK, consists of data based on raid logs and data based on a consensus addon.

How accurate that data is is discussed in other threads, but still gives us the ability to make some reasonable assumptions.

Raid log based: https://ironforge.pro/servers?region=us&filter=true
Consensus Based: https://wowclassicpopulation.com/

I imagine things will settle down once Battle Grounds come out. Kinda wish they pushed the battle grounds out a bit earlier though to be honest. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I sure don’t! Rerolled Alliance from Horde last week, and trying to hit 60, and get some decent gear before BGs drop!!!

Oh well, personally I’d prefer if BGs were already out.

1 Like

They will be pretty soon :slight_smile:

There are still at least 100 level 60 alliance players on any server at any given time. That’s more than enough to liberate a zone for long enough for a few levelers to complete a quest or two.

Imagine that of these, 50% are willing and available to come help at that time. Now imagine that the Horde has 120 level 60 players, and the same 50% are also willing to come. What will the final result be?

The rest of your arguments fails to address my actual points, and instead attack imagined positions of mine, and so I’ll ignore them.

You’re on the wrong server.

The irony is that I am not asking for changes, I enjoy world PvP, and I willingly signed up for Alliance knowing that it’s disadvantaged.

The point is that Horde folks don’t seem to be willing to admit the obvious advantages that comes with having a larger, more PvP-oriented set of people on their realm, even though it is incredibly obvious.

3 Likes

Sounds like you have a lot of people on your server who want someone else to fix the problem and when you make it to 60, you’ll probably be one of those who couldn’t care less because at least you can make it to the raids.

You thought you did, but you didn’t. If you want a fair and balanced game, there’s a BFA for you.

Everything you said ignores two realities:

1. World PvP is less fun when escalations invariably favor one side.
  2. There is no particular reason why Alliance would have more motivation to fight. In reality, people who like PvP are more likely to choose Horde.

I am not blaming Horde players here. It is what it is.

Is it so hard to acknowledge that having numerical advantages will make it easier and more pleasant to engage in world PvP?

1 Like

There are definitely people crying about pvp, it isn’t just the imbalance. If you made every server an even 50/50 split there would still be people whining about being killed in some unfair fashion. If you haven’t noticed people on these forums just like complaining, if it isn’t about imbalance it will be about something else.

Sounds like everyones crying about pvp to me mate

Sounds like you have a lot of people on your server who want someone else to fix the problem and when you make it to 60, you’ll probably be one of those who couldn’t care less because at least you can make it to the raids.

You appear unable to understand any of my points, and instead just insult. So be it. Go back to the warm comfort of numerical superiority.

1 Like

You see the problem is that Classic WoW gave you a choice. You wouldn’t have this problem in BFA, where they don’t even give you the opportunity to roll on a PvP server.

It’s like there was a mouse trap and you were like “do I put my finger in there, or not?” – before inexplicably demanding that mouse trap companies nerf their product.

You appear to be unable to understand that you’re not making any points. You’re a lemming… not in the realistic sense, but in the sense that we used to think of them in the 1990s, where they’d fall off a cliff if there weren’t proper protections in place.

Unfortunately, because this is a game, you survive to complain about your experiences. I’m not saying that you should suffer mortal defeat. I’m just saying your pain is self-inflicted and you need to know that.

I don’t even care about getting stomped 10 v 1 constantly, I just want the people to do it to realize they are lame and if they are cool with being lame and knowing they suck then all the power to them to continue sucking and being lame. Also they should know that if they are not bored out of their mind stomping the 1-2 people from the other faction that try to go some where, than they are boring people with boring lives. So just admit that you suck and are boring and we are good, continue farming your honor.

Can’t farm honor on a level 29…

My main is in a guild and my words do not represent any one else in the guild but myself so out of respect for them I do not post on it.