No, Void Elves should not have Blood Elf hair tones/options

I don’t like the tattoos on anything except for Demon Hunters but that’s a good reason for having a character, it doesn’t mean they don’t deserve better options.

1 Like

My argument is to redirect Blizzard back to core races and then the lackluster AR’s I agree.

1 Like

I agree with that, too.

I also think that, eventually, void elves should get some shinies too.

1 Like

Well yeah, they are different, just like you said. They have different political views, thus making the High Elves a politically different group from the Blood Elves. They even have some cultural differences now from what I remember. Up until recently they had the physical distinction of blue eye color as well, but now both Void Elves and Blood Elves have those too.

On the other hand, Blood Elves still have clear distinctions from the Void Elves. Voidies only get the blue eye color option and normal skin tones, while Blood Elves have different shades of green, blue, and gold, on top of their long-standing motifs and color preferences.

All I want for Voidies now is some normal hair color options. Not even the same one Blood Elves have, just some colors that match better with the normal skin tones. I’d also love a revamp of the Entropic Embrace passive to have a more clear visual void effect, maybe even acting similarly to a Worgen transformation where you can apply a void appearance separate from your regular one for when you enter combat, which wears off after combat ends.

In any case, I find the hair color requests to be perfectly fair. What I find unfair is claiming that giving Voidies anything else which appears normal is somehow stealing from the Blood Elf identity, especially given there are still clear unique features and distinctions between the two, from eye color options to motifs to political views, etc etc.

1 Like

Oh yeah.

You know how I feel about customization options.

I love them. I will always want a few more. And since I play every race (including blood elves dohoho), I’m in favor of more choices for everyone! And also more stories.

This is how it should have been from the start, core races then allied races then add additional stuff after but that’s not how it went sadly.

Indeed I do and that’s great because you aren’t selfish or bias about one race or one faction and that in itself speaks of good character.

3 Likes

I mean, I’m biased about dwarves.

because they’re the best

I fixed it for you
What I find unfair is that we’re not giving Voidies anything else which appears normal because it is stealing from the Blood Elf identity, and from other core races. Since I want to have everyone else’s since I can not do the High Elf aesthetic with what I have already…

Why should I? I am under no obligation to stifle my customization requests just because you see it as stealing and I see it as sharing.

Again, many hairstyles and colors have been shared across races and factions. Why are Void Elves not allowed to enjoy the same sharing as other races have in the past? Why is that race held to a different standard?

Perhaps you don’t realize just how many hairstyles Blood Elves “stole” (your word not mine) from other races over the years. But that was fine right?

https://i.imgur.com/P6bp2bA.jpg

7 Likes

Lol, I can accept that.

Perhaps you do not KNOW during BC we were promised more hairstyle some of which you listed but they went to other races. I KNOW cause I was here when blizzard even admitted it and we only picked up a handful during Cataclysm.
No we were long over do for our missing hairstyles.

It’s not a competition Lann and you know that. I get that you’re not satisfied with what Blood Elves got, but that’s not reason to now shift your position to standing against things asked for by those who play Void Elves. Especially if what’s being asked for is specifically not a copy paste of Blood Elf stuff like my request is.

Blood Elves got a raw deal. I’ve said this numerous times. I’m not arguing that with you, but being antagonistic towards Void Elf requests will not get you what you more Blood Elf options. Only asking for the options you want to see for Blood Elves will.

5 Likes

I think the difference is that Void Elves are demanding ALL of the Blood Elf hairstyles and hair colors.

Why do you keep benefitting from sharing, and Blood Elves have nothing to show for it?

But what other race shares the exact same model? Would you not say Blood Elves have already shared and its already skewed in Void Elves favor? I would say anymore is the issue.

1 Like

And the hairstyles and colors of every core race too .

I’ve been here since 2004. I’ve seen all you’ve seen as well. I know exactly which styles were there before TBC and which got shared around.

My question for you is, why was sharing ok then, but it’s no longer ok now?

1 Like

I think a lot of the common hairdos and colors could eventually go to void elves, whenever they’re getting their touchup.

I’d like to see unique assets for them that could reflect both void and high elf characters.

I’m particularly married to the idea of black, blood red, and white hair color, and perhaps a natural brown. And ones that’re just the void effect from their hawkstrider/heritage armor. I’d also like to see them get a few two-toned hair dos. That may partially be that all four of my trolls and one of my humans are rocking that look and I @#$$in’ love it.

you just refuse to admit it. all I see is a void elf player being the typical I want it all at the expense of everyone else and if I am not going to get it I will scream till I do.

you have no respect for other players or how they feel on the issue. YOU have NO right to other Races hairstyles and color you got your void hair we have our blood elf hair but no you want that too and when people push back you get upset and you are still saying it is not stealing when it is.

Maybe if Blood Elf players spent more time asking for the options they want, they’d get them. And that’s not even touching on all the sharing Blood Elves got in the past. There’s a quite a few originally Human only hairstyles among the female Blood Elf offerings. But I guess that doesn’t count because that was the past?

But what other race shares the exact same model? Would you not say Blood Elves have already shared and its already skewed in Void Elves favor? I would say anymore is the issue.

Here I agree with you! It is skewed and I want to see it rectified! You seem to want to argue with my posts when you know for a fact I’m on your side and support the options you’re looking to get. I don’t understand why I’m your target here.

How many times do I have to say:

“Blood Elves did not get enough during the core race pass”,
“Void Elves should share some of their unique options with Blood Elves”,
“I don’t want Void Elves to get any more copy/paste from Blood Elves and would rather they get things shared from other Alliance races”,

until you believe me and stop attacking me? Because make no mistake Lann, lately that’s all you seem to do when you reply to me.

I miss the days when you and I had more friendly banter.

4 Likes

I mean… it’s WoW.

There’s a fair amount of asset sharing at the end of the day.

For blood elves, I’d like those delightful red eyes the undead got, the tentacle free version of void elf hair, the jewelry for men, some dead skins ported and a cherry red skin too… also maybe some of the common hair that’s not currently shared like the looped do. Box art runic tattoos for sure and probably regular tattoos too.

And teeny tiny felblood wings.

Also all races should get white and black hair, scars and tattoos.