No, Void Elves should not have Blood Elf hair tones/options

A few years ago: Alliance will never get the blood elf model
A few months ago: Alliance will never have regular skin tones for void elfs
Now: Void Elfs should not get blond hair

Blizzard: I’m About to purge This Man’s Whole Career

2 Likes

And yet they wonder why most people don’t like them and don’t support anything they want or request. Haha.

1 Like

And we had a blood elf as part of a horde organization and some high elves giving us quests in Vanilla too. So there goes that nonsense.

3 Likes

The single (as far as I’m aware) HIgh Elf giving out quests to Horde is neutral, the rest of them are aligned with the Alliance. They’ve been with the Alliance in every expansion since vanilla, too. They’re even in BFA fighting against the Horde. Having that one neutral npc in vanilla hardly makes their history with the Allilance nonsense, lmao.

1 Like

https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=4198/braelyn-firehand#comments

That’s a Blood Elf tho :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In Vanilla. So you know, we’ve had them just as long as Alliance did, so your whole “Horde stole alliance stuff!” schtick is busted

3 Likes

I never even said that, what. And even then, Thalassians were in the Alliance since before WoW was a thing :man_shrugging:

And they left it before WoW started too.

3 Likes

Oh … Check the first and second war … and we can talk again … Why in Stormwind it’s a Statue of Alleria Windrunner? A High elf … Do you saw something like this in any Horde capital ?

Not all of them did though. The most recent expansion literally featured Alliance High Elves. Blizzard also straight up said these new Void Elf customization options are supposed to represent High Elf stuff, too. So we’re even playing them now

2 Likes

And what did they do after that war?

Hmmm, and what was it that set Alleria apart from the rest of the High Elves…

And goblins too. A few exceptions doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of the race is part of the horde.

Yes, they said they’re giving some options to both sides to basically giving some high elf flavor to them. They did not say they were giving anyone full blown high elves though.

3 Likes

Gilgoblins in my opinion should have been a race in 8.3. Partners with Vulpera parhaps. They are already well established as a npc allied race. All blizzard needs to do is update the models and have them join up soon or later.

2 Likes

Are we still having the argument about which faction the non-playable race belongs to more?

Both. The answer is Alliance, or Horde, or both depending on perspective. Which is something that Blizzard did on purpose.

1 Like

Give us blonde and white hair. We been asking for this since vanilla wow. The core identity of alliance will be complete and finally playable.

1 Like

Very much these two comments

4 Likes

I got to be honest. I really do enjoy these threads.

1 Like

The Silver Covenant has been alliance the whole time and never left.

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: They also left

That is a stretch, Quel’thalas left in WC2 you can’t claim that as “core to your faction identity” the main branch of Thalassians and the backing of the government is Horde, arguable more pro Horde than they ever were pro Alliance :hugs:

3 Likes

This is not exactly true. They, at best, joined during the events of Lich King and even then were more allies than under the banner, so to speak.

1 Like