No, Void Elves should not have Blood Elf hair tones/options

We have all those BC-BFA years + the Vanilla 2 years? What’s your point? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

High Elves were never a playable race for Alliance in Vanilla. They also weren’t actually very present in Alliance cities at all in vanilla?

Blizzard gave Thalassian elves to the Horde in BC.

They didn’t have any significant presence as Alliance until the abomination known as the Silver Covenant was introduced 12 years ago.

Why can’t you keep your grubby mitts to yourself and leave us Blood Elves alone already? Go be greedy with another Alliance race.

4 Likes

No…the alliance never had a thalassian playable race. So the problem is the alliance was given a horde race look alike, as I said.

I already explained why I care after you said:

You don’t have to agree but what happens to blood and void elves matters to me.

4 Likes

Imagine feeling entitled to a race they’ve never had access to as a playable race.

That would be like me feeling entitled to High Arakkoa.

3 Likes

Void elves are the true high elves and will be leading a crusade to take back silver moon, 1…2…3… Go!!!

Doubt it, disbelieve it, run from it. do whatever you feel like you need to cope. I know yourw afraid. Youre nearly there. It’ll be over soon bud. You won’t have to worry about it once it’s finished.

They still had a presence, and it was with the Alliance. They’ve also been in the Alliance, those specific High Elves, since Warcraft 3. Not every Quel’dorei left it.

Blizzard gave a group of Thalassian Elves to Horde in BC, yes. Not all.

[quote=“Aed-wyrmrest-accord, post:423, topic:692458”]
They didn’t have any significant presence as Alliance until the abomination known as the Silver Covenant was introduced 12 years ago.

They didn’t even really need one. We all knew who they were and what they’ve done. The Silver Covenant and now important Quel’dorei lore characters aligned with the Alliance just adds even more depth to their already deep story.

I like this Alliance race though :grin: Besides, we’re not even asking for anymore BLood Elf assets. We want–and always have–brand new options. Give us our own natural hair colours and styles.

A presence doesn’t entitle you to a non-player race. Get over yourself.

5 Likes

My mains are this character (human) and an undead on the Horde. I have other characters on both factions and always have, always will. I just don’t see the point in getting my panties tied in a knot over character customization options in a game where the majority of players play on both factions whether they’ll admit to it on the forums or not.

As for blood elves having undead options…they technically already do with death knights. SL is about getting customization options that let a player RP their character the way they want. Canonically dark rangers are undead blood elves and a significant number of them stayed loyal to the Horde when Sylvanas left, so blood elf players should have access to those options. And for the record on the subject of orcs I think regular orcs should get brown skin as an option. I prefer the original orc model over the Mag’har anyway and would love having the skin tones on my orc girl without having lower legs the size of small tree trunks.

1 Like

„Lor’themar referenced the slightly better state of the Ghostlands and offered the quel’dorei aid and supplies. Renthar, however, angrily declined his assistance – and revealed that Lor’themar had banished the quel’dorei of the lodge from Quel’Thalas, as he could not afford to lead a people divided. In addition, Hawkspear spoke of Horde agents who had ransacked the lodge and killed several rangers, in the name of the Banshee Queen’s champion, Nathanos. He stated that by rights he should send Lor’themar’s head to, though ordered him to leave instead.“ Learn something today about your „great“ leader elf.

1 Like

They’ve always been a presence on our side of the game, though. And now we have playable thalassians anyway. We should be allowed to ask for stuff without you guys using “we don’t want that because we don’t want it” as an argument against it.

Adding natural hair colours and styles isn’t going to objectively damage the game.

Me too. Neither of our opinions should take priority over the other, though. I should be allowed to ask for whatever and so should you.

Never said it did. Not many of us have outright requested to have playable High Elves just because we’re eNtitLEd to it? We’ve always tried to show our reasoning for wanting them, and a lot of us have put heaps of effort into trying to convince others why it’s a good idea.

Nop :hugs:

1 Like

See, this is why permissive parenting is so problematic. Children these days are taught that they deserve everything they see without regards to anyone else, to logic, or to human decency.

They just sit here being irrational and hysterical in a tantrum going, “Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. Mine mine mine mine mine!”

Blizzard created a monster by caving to you selfish spoiled entitled jerks.

Leave Blood Elves alone you filthy vultures. Keep your grubby paws to yourselves. No means no.

4 Likes

Yes I’ve learned I’m a High Elf and you aren’t you are a corrupted Blood Elf that will literally grasp at straws in hopes of getting my race but too bad for you we already exist on Horde side, thanks for playing though.

4 Likes

Having elf npcs wasn’t giving you a playable race. You weren’t making any point in our discussion by claiming you already had them.
I’m entitled to my opinion, you might not like it. I’m not telling you or anyone else to stop asking, am I?

5 Likes

Maybe they should not have resisted learning mana tap then?

Exiling rebels who are causing trouble in your society in an exceptionally dire time is a reasonable and logical move.

In my opinion he should have just executed them.

1 Like

High elves, Blood elves and Void elves are the exact same race. The only difference is their chosen political affiliation and in the case of the original small band of void elves an accident that infused them with void. But having an accident doesn’t change what species they are…any more than me being burned by fire or acid would magically make me not a human.

2 Likes

Is what I said, and is true. They’ve had a presence on our side since Vanilla, which was the point. Having Elf NPCs is one of the more plausible reasons for us getting playable thalassians, but neither of us know. Lore is probably one of the most important reasons for making a race playable, and we have plenty of that for our Alliance-aligned Quel’dorei too, though.

What would be the point of asking for any race if “they’re not playable so their presence means literally nothing” was a valid reason against their inclusion? Vulpera, Mechagnomes, Kul Tirans, Mag’har Orcs and Zandlari Trolls wouldn’t exist if that were the case.

No, but if you’re going to have a say in the matter, stuff like this:

doesn’t make it seem like you’re actually genuine or care about the subject. You might as well just be saying ‘no’ at that point if you’re responding to people like that.

2 Likes

This is absolutely not true.
I have a right to express my view on her comment when her comment was so ridiculous it didn’t even deserve a response except to call it out as trolling.
Next time I tell you to stop asking then you can have a problem.
This isn’t it…talk about grasping at straws.

7 Likes

Her comment was objectively more constructive than yours. How is that trolling and your remark isn’t? The context to her comment is why she said what she did, and she was using Midare’s reasoning for it. She still took the time to explain her point of view after that first line, though. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Imagine coming to the GD forums and criticizing exactly how people contribute their ideas and whether or not their ideas are constructive compared to yours.

1 Like