No, Void Elves should not have Blood Elf hair tones/options

Cmon man, lets just bury this silly. The war is over.

Let the Void Elves have what they want, and let me have tentacle hair. At this point would it really hurt? We all know Blood / Void Elf is basically a political affiliation at this point more or less. Might as well make some Blood Elves who disagree with the Horde, and some Void Elves that dislike Alleria and call it a day.

Call the united race High Elf… or something else. I dunno, Shadowblood Elves? Edgelordius Maximus? The Drow? I don’t care but lets just do what should of been done in BC and have Blizzard make them all but the same aside from racial abilities.

The war is only over once void elves are no longer the most rolled allied race.

Completely would be down for just making them neutral as they and goblins are the most neutral leaning of the Horde races

1 Like

Well to do that we have to do the unthinkable.

…Playable Ogres.

Because who doesn’t want to be a big, fat, fair-skinned yet dim-witted race with unicorn horns?

2 Likes

There were Alliance High Elf NPCs using the ugly as sin modified Night Elf model as early as 2004 tho

1 Like

And neutral high elves with a grudge against the alliance.
And at least one Blood Elf questgiver in a horde camp.

but they had a story, having something is better than having nothing

no… they didn’t, still there.

blizzard shoved high elves in the alliance again for fanserivce and milk those lotr fanboys, sadly this bite then in the behind.

thats why half-elf would be something possible, make sense, people could have asked for that, but they didn’t, i will let you to figure it why

hint: there is no much half-elves in the lotr movies.

and in wc3 they almost got genocided by humans, an elf who want to be in the alliance is just scum who renegade their own race to live nice and lazy in safe alliance lands with people who almost killed their people for racism, while they people perished by the scourge, but elf fanboys paint then as honorble, pure and every thing they aren’t, again, a lotr fanfic.

the horde did almost no damage to the elves in the second war, they burned some trees and thats it, they actually help the elves in TBC against the scourge, without the horde they would die out.

why they would chose their saviors and their own people instead of a faction who abandon then and try to killed then in their most darkest time? you answer me

yeah no, because you see, blood elves once again have blue eyes playable, they already had in npcs in the canon before, it was just updated to players now.

im not talking about quest npcs, im talking about all maghar npcs in outland, go there and you will see it.

if you drink demon blood of course is quickly, but elves didn’t, so, you are wrong anyway.

it take time for the corruption stick in anyway, the example is how grom got red corrupted but got cleaned/purged, if it was not in time, the corruption was going to be permanent, like the fel orcs in outland

no… still is the canon, is the very reason most of blood elves and high elves split in the first place, high elves didn’t want to use techinique on the mana wyrms

that is not about that, is about the fanboys wanting to play a pure white and blonde elf, the name void and the racials is a sting in their fantasy of lotr elves.

she is a void elf nevertheless

1 Like

High Elves have a story too! It just hasn’t been explored but so much tasty stuff there

If that was the case, they would have made them a playable race to start with. But they didn’t. They added them, and gnomes, because they were races that should be there in the world of Azeroth, and that’s where they should be.

Actually there are half-elves in LotR movies. Might have heard of them, their names are Elrond and Arwen. Elrond chose to keep his elfy side whereas Arwen chose the human side to be with Aragorn and become mortal

However there are like, three known half elves in Warcraft, not enough for a playable race. Its certainly an idea I’ve seen thrown around and possible, just story doesn’t support it at the moment.

I’d prefer half elves over void elves to be honest

One group of Blood Elves was attacked by a rogue human commander who represented Lordaren, not the Alliance. The Alliance as we know it didn’t exist at this point

The Horde disabled runestones (those big rocks on the edge of Eversong) and were on a war-path to Silvermoon itself before Turalyon lead a force to fight them back

I disagreed with it then, still do, but I feel it just means High Elves need to be more visually distinct. Midway point of NElf and BElf

Movie-Thrall became green from Gul’dan just throwing the life-steal spell into him

Far more complicated than that

Its about wanting the Warcraft High Elf fantasy that’s been there on the edge of playable for decades. If it was just LotR folks would have just gone to the Horde.

Didn’t have the same creation experience, she’s not. She’s her own unique thing who’s politically with the VElves but is her own thing

being a token sidekick is not having a story

because the race is playable on horde, and they can milk then not making then playable.

i said not much and they don’t remember then as such.

there is not enough high elves to be playable either, like devs commented, so, which one you want to dodge the bulet?

no, don’t try to minimize that, the elves, their prince and the people who were there to help were almost genoiced by the human leader of the alliance, people did nothing, dalaran did nothing, dwarves did nothing, and it was all alliance, its the same alliance by metzen

Later the alliance send sabouters to destroy their mana fountais instead to help then.

again, no damage, they never passed their magic shield.

you don’t have to disagree with lore, is like saying you disagre that gnomes ar tiny, thats nonsense.

wanting they to be distinct is literally going against lore, its fanfic.

move is not canon neither have nothing to do with what i said, Thrall was born geen.

is the lore

what is the high elf fantasy? elves that are alliance? void and night elves do that, again, the point is they are white and blonde, you are just proving my points here.

she is a void elf, have the same racial, she call herself a void elf, the game and everything else tag her as void elf

she is void elf.

I’mma take so much heat for this but…

y’all look the same to me… all y’all.

2 Likes

She is a child of Quel’thalas and she recognizes herself as such multiple times in the game. Same goes for Umbric and the first generation of Void Elves (who were Blood Elves).

‘Void’ Elves is just a name. A human paladin is not a Light human.
They had to separate them from the Blood Elves somehow.

By the way I’m not trying to support/defend anything about HE here…I’m just saying that all of them are the same race.

1 Like

I agree with you but I’d also like to see some more hair colours added in for VEs, like basic black and perhaps a straight haired option too.

BEs can keep the blonds. VEs should get black eventually.
Straight black hair would be so cool.

2 Likes

If they have to add any, my suggestion is black, white and silver, nothing else. ‘Normal’ colors that let the BE keep their identity too.

2 Likes

Agreed. With an option of straight hair, long, mid-length and short.

2 Likes

a child of quel’thalas mutated by the void, still is a void elf regardless

no, sorry, you are wrong here, void elves are elves mutated by void energies, not just an elf using void magic like a human paladin, that is wrong.

they literally aren’t

1 Like

I disagree!! We should be allowed to look like our racial leader and high elf brethren <3 That includes blonde, brown, red, black, white etc…

If only there was a way to have that look in the game over the last 13 years

https://miro.medium.com/max/400/1*m3dDRVX7DVqTqgIFKs5VaA.gif

1 Like

I remenber seeing an elf player who was advocating for the void elf to get all the blood elfs things ectect and he was like “I shouldnt have to play on horde if I wanna be a blond elf”

and then when we ask so can nightborne at leats have some of the night elf custom to have more thing he was like “you wanna play a night elf than play on the alliance jeez”

like what is that double standards lol

I still wait for this hairstyle so that my “bestie” might cluck with the best of them on social media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on_ffL3q91E

2 Likes

Otherwise why not just have Nightborne steal all of the Night Elf customizations? Why not pointlessly give them vines and physical night elven traits? Because they are DIFFERENT RACES with DIFFERENT HISTORIES .

Well here’s the thing about this. It wouldn’t make sense to give night elf customizations to nightborne because one group are tree hugging hippies, the other are uppity arcane d-bags.

However, void elves, well… they are blood elves in a sense. I also think you’re missing the point of people wanting to RP race fantasy even at the cost of racial identity. Honestly, I feel like most of this could have been avoided if Blizzard would’ve just given a custom high elf model to the alliance and given them actual high elves with all the eye colors, skin tones, and hair styles and colors, much like the custom models the nightborne have for the horde : / Alliance pretty much got screwed on allied races, just basic reskins and recolors of already pre-existing races. The only real unique one we got was fat humans, I mean Kul’tirans and even then, big whoop. Horde got Zandalari, custom modeled night elves, and Tiny fox peeps.

Alliance got sloppy second elves. You’re right, the void elves are transformed from blood elves, but just look at them, they’re hardly transformed. A new model would have been great to go along with their transformation, but the blood elf identity was already under threat when blizzard decided to copy/paste and create void elves. Don’t be mad at players asking for belf customization options when it was literally blizzard that opened the door for this.

I guarantee you, with what I said about having a custom high elf (Or void elf) model with all sorts of unique hairstyles and colors, there would be little to no issue about this. It all comes down to velves being copypasta’d belves.

3 Likes

Yes they should I’d be fine with hair colors only . Tbh I just want black dye for them n I’ll b happy maybe one blue eye n one purple .