No, Void Elves should not have Blood Elf hair tones/options

Blonde is a hair color shared between humans and blood elves, for example…

Also, I didn’t say anything about stealing, I did mention erasing the visuals of velves, wich by giving them more “natural” colors, would exarcerbate the issue they already have.

It that was their reasoning, then it’s a pretty bad one. Why a core race’s customizations should depend or be limited by those of an allied race?

3 Likes

I don’t think it kills Velfs main theme. The main theme is still there now you just have two different options. I would hope that they would add more void themed options along side the natural options. I’ve heard a lot of people asking for snow white and jet black hair for example, or void tattoos I think any of those would be cool.

1 Like

A group of people that went through vanishment after diving deep into the void… and they should look as if nothing happened?

Yes, it’s like asking for Forsaken to have regular skin colors, muscle mass, no decay which is essentially would make them look like regular humans.

1 Like

It does because like with Blood Elves, HE fans are inserting themselves into the arena of dev time, so they are advocating for the stealing of more BE things, inserting themselves for more dev time (where as VE fans have received 0) it’s like you’re sidelining people but trying to do it in ways that don’t seem that way.

Like with BE fans the go to line is “you’re not losing anything, how do you lose something if BE’s are still there?” Meanwhile its very clear BE options are lackluster and two visual themes is unfair.

And with VE fans its “it doesn’t kill the Void theme, how does having more options kill the Void theme?” Meanwhile you’re pushing them out of the way just like you are core races to get more options for your second visual theme which amounts to RP tools not the dedicated entirety of the main Blood Elf theme.

That’s only true of the original ones who were there with Umbrick. They were at ground zero when their accident happened. In the Void Elf starting zone there are some High Elf Wayfarer, and Silvermood Schoolers who come to Telogus Rift via portals to learn from Locus Walker like Alleria did. It stands to reason that they found a way to perfect the process, so that they can be Velf without the Void mutation that caused Blueberry skin.

I don’t see why they can’t give dev time to both. I want some natural hair colors taken from our own races like humans for example, but I also hope they add some more Void options too. I also want Belfs to get more stuff also as I’ve said multiple times.

2 Likes

I mean what dev time did Blood Elves receive so far?

Jewelry?

Like excuse me and other Blood Elf fans if we tend to be skeptical of receiving dev time at the same time our assets are given away, because the track record so far isn’t good and you keep asking for more!

1 Like

Why are we arguing with a human who doesn’t have any investment at all in these issues?

I also want Belfs to get a lot of stuff too. If you like I can write out a list of everthing I want Belfs to have, and hope they get. Besides even if I don’t get they hair colors me and others have been asking for I’m fine with that. There are some more void friendly options that people have wanted such as pure white, or jet black hair. If they gave us that only I would still be happy. Honestly after all this is over I would to move on to creating threads requesting player housing!

1 Like

They did I would half to find the link for you so you can read it and from there it just snowballed out of control.

globalnews.ca/news/7103563/dungeons-dragons-evil-race-stereotypes/

www.spelltheory.online/dragonlance/

boundingintocomics com/2020/05/18/man-who-claimed-orcs-are-racist-wants-more-racism-in-the-witcher-trpg/

I have a velf toon, and while true that I don’t play Horde. Seeing other people in a community that I’m a part of get things in the game that makes them happy also makes me happy. Hence why I support Blood Elves getting more customizations. At the end of the day this game is a refuge from reality after all.

1 Like

So no, you didn’t find anything.

First link says that dnd is moving away from simplistic ‘evil’ races since they don’t like the ideas that go along with it.

Second link is non-related stuff about a contract with Weis and Hickman where someone has made a WAG that SJWs are to blame for problems with a book they’re writing. Just rumor from someone with skin in the game.

3rd link has absolutely nothing to do with WotC

read them all just don’t skim them the third one has some good links to some other articles about what has happened.

The Sunfury was known to have Felblood members and we do know that the Sunfury reconciled with Quel’thalas some time after the Sunwells restoration, but not much came of it.

They could elaborate on this concept and have the Felbloods come with the Sunfury and make up a notable amount of their ranks, just as they did with the Blood Elves being part of the Illidari.

I like this idea because it brings back the edge that Blood Elves had back in BC which unfortunately dwindled off soon after.

This just sounds like a a rehash of gamergate where people take something along the lines of literary criticism, where people discuss the themes and such of a work and discuss how certain aspects can be read in a certain way and then a bunch of reactionary monkeys jump out and paint it with the most simplistic idiotic take on it to try and make the people talking about social issues and how they are reflected in art into people out to destroy the art they are discussing.

that is it in a nutshell and yet it’s affecting many games now. Not even going to try and fathom the mental works they did to pull this out of thin air.

I am actually split in my feelings on this.

First i think that Void Elves should have their own “personality” and not have the color tone hair of the Blood Elves completely as they are changed beings when they become infused with the void and conjoining with it.

Second i do think it could be possible to have the original hair that Blood Elves have but then i think the reason for that is really slim in that it really only will be for the purposes of High Elf “heritage” but i still think something is lost to being a Void Elf if the Void Part is FULLY set aside.

Lastly i think it is enough to have the skin tones to show the High Elf “heritage” that a Void Elf comes from but i also think its important to maintain the Void Elf colors. Furthermore i think if they offered blended or striped versions of say Blonde/Void color or Red/Void color or Brown/Void color that would be fine but i just think if they went and allowed full on blonde or red or brown hair (Blood Elf colors) that something would be lost in being a Void Elf. I think it blurs the lines too much. I think this in and of itself would be detrimental to both races and factions if they blur the lines too much.

Don’t get me wrong i love the High Elves and have wanted them in the Alliance since the game began, i have participated in many many threads throughout the years but i do think that i have embraced Void Elves and that in doing so i would rather play a Void Elf as they are and being a part of that race knowing that i can have the light skin tone and also “heritage” of the High Elf as my characters past.

I have come to peace with the look of the “true” High Elf look (original hair colors) is on the Horde but i think the more badass High Elf in the form of Void Elves is on the Alliance and i am willing to go forward knowing that my High Elves and my Void Elves that have cast off completely their High Elf and/or Blood Elf past are just fine with void infused hair colors. I still think streaks would be a nice touch when they update the Allied Races but i don’t think it would be good for Void Elves to have full on the same colors of the Blood Elves as i said above, it just seems like it would feel wrong…or not right depending on your point of view to give Void Elves full on Blood Elf colors even though both are and come from High Elves as their Heritage.

Just my 2 cents.

https://cdn.blog.ucsusa.org/wp-content/uploads/csd-blog-head-in-sand.jpg

2 Likes

Quite a long post, and not a single thought spared to Blood Elf customization or how it effects Blood Elf players.

At least some people try to advocate more for Blood Elves as they move to steal the last parts of Blood Elf main theme that they didn’t get in the already skewed compromise.

Regarding the change to orcs in D&D… It makes no difference. Its a publicity thing for sure, but D&D encourages you to make your world your own. I’ll continue to use orcs in the traditional fashion at my table because I don’t have to use the new rules.

That being said I do find the official change to be unnecessary. Any DM who wanted their orcs to be more sophisticated and not inherently evil could do so with the nap on their fingers. They don’t need WotK to tell them how to run their monsters