No vendor on MOTHER

Hi, on one of my characters when I go to talk to MOTHER, she does not have a vendor list of items, my only option is to cleanse gear.

6 Likes

“To receive Echoes of Ny’alotha, make sure to first log into any characters with Rank 3 Azerite Essences!”

You’ve done this, for (unassuming) your main?

Yes; I have a bunch of 120s, and logged into my main first. The issue isn’t that I can’t buy essences (I do have that issue on a few toons where even after logging into my main, MOTHER doesn’t think I have an essence like Lucid), it’s that when I talk to mother, there just isn’t a vendor, the only option I have is to cleanse items.

2 Likes

Edit, some two months later: This isn’t an issue. Never was. The system is (was) designed not to feed you Echoes or show you a vendor option if you have nothing to purchase. Back on March 25, 2020, I didn’t know this. Now, it’s clear.

Also, given the latest update with MOTHER selling corruption effects, and people earning 5x the Echoes regardless of what neck Essences they - or their alts - may or may not own, this whole thing is moot.

:orange_square: :purple_square: :red_square: :white_large_square: :red_square: :purple_square: :orange_square: :purple_square: :red_square: :white_large_square: :red_square: :purple_square: :orange_square:

Same. No vendor option at all on this toon. No problems on my DK or Priest so far.

Also, I could have sworn that I did have the option, and it disappeared.

Again, this isn’t about currency or unlocking essences. All that is fine for me. There’s just literally no vendor option on MOTHER.

6 Likes

My warrior too has no vendor because there is nothing to buy for him. Maybe that’s the reason why your vendor is missing.

There is nothing you can buy because you already have all the rank 3 essences you obtained that are linked to each other. This also means you should be no longer getting echoes on said character too.

1 Like

OK, I’ll check that next time I login. Likely that’s the case.

There’s no precedent for a vendor “disappearing” if you’ve already bought everything they have to offer, otherwise I’d have chalked it up to that.

Thanks! :grinning:

Same thing happening to me, but specifically when I am logged into multiple toons simultaneously. Are those of you in this thread signing into multiple toons as well or just a single toon at a time and seeing this behavior?

Deathmaiden 120 Nightelf Dk (main) I have the same problem as Ocenale Mother does not give me a choice to buy the synthesized essences -only to cleanse an item I get no echoes of nyalotha as a reward from anything now but ALL my alts get them and can and are buying from Mother - this just changed this week on 3/26/20

Same here. All characters unlocked. Had previously purchased an essence on my one toon to bring it up to rank 3. Now MOTHER has no vendor option showing other than to cleanse gear. Have over 1250 Echoes available and multiple essences to be upgraded across my three toons. This whole cross account essence system doesn’t seem well implemented.

Have submitted ticket to Blizz - so far no luck. Anyone? Obiwan…?

Blizz BLUE…? Jump in anytime!

Not in the Bug Report forum. You report, Blizzard forwards to dev. End of sequence.

This is also affecting me on my EU account. A character with plenty of Essenses to buy, plenty of Echos, but MOTHER has no vendor option.

I’ve tried clearing out all my addons to check if it was UI related. This did not fix it.

Same on my main toon. Sent in a ticket and got a generic Hi, sorry, we are really busy, try the forums, submit a bug, thanks for playing! Cannot see any other acknowledgement of this problem.

Same problem with my main. And she definitely doesn’t “have them all”. I’ve only got two rank 3. I went through the questline with my main first - didn’t see any vendor items when talking to Mother - then went through it with an alt I have barely touched before. Now my alt can see all the essences but my main can’t. My main can’t get the Echoes either but my alt can get them from LFR.

1 Like

Same with my main. I am unable to receive echoes or buy from MOTHER

Yup. Used to be able to on my main. When I started doing my alt both toons lost the ability to use her vendor. This is aggravating, I have poured so many hrs into this game to catch up and half my progress is halted by a bug.

2 Likes

Can confirm this is still a big and the work around is not working for me. Logged in and out on my main inside the chamber, logged in and out of the alt; nothing’s working so far.

1 Like

Just happened to me on my main. First time going to MOTHER on my main to buy something. My warrior alt can see the vendor list, but isn’t able to buy the rank 3 purification protocol.

1 Like

this is happening to me as well 3 characters none can access…wtf kind of garbage is this. I come back after 2 years away and blizzard still cant get sht right.

This thread was made a month ago why the issue still persist? Mother vendor dissapeared for my alt too…

I have the same problem. Mother is just not a merchant for me, i can only clense items… I am sure i used this shop before on my main… Thats weird. I also have a good amount of level 3-4 essence on multiple character. still mother is not a merchant.

pls patch

1 Like