No respect for players

True but back then it was easier to focus on good story and more gameplay because graphics where not demanding like today. Today you need to create a game that has appealing look and graphics, but to be compatible with older engines

Because people are upset if the game misses their announced date or takes to long to develo. Bethesda is constantly under fire for showing ES6 trailer but still has no game footage or any announcements.

4 Likes

Ugh. Down again? WTF

Probably a Blizzard employee.

1 Like

I’m not surprised and/or bothered. I like to think I’m a somewhat stable, reasonable adult.

I don’t think I’m either of those, but I am also unbothered.

3 Likes

Things happen. Downtime and such are part of the deal. People act like the sky is falling and it’s the end of the world every single time there’s an issue.

It’s going to be a long wait. There’s about 400k tinfoil hats ahead of you. Take a number and have a seat.

I’ve actually been having issues since the patch released. At first, I thought it was my issue, but I had my internet provider check my connection and it’s fine. Recently purchased a new computer which specs are more than adequate to handle it.

I understand your frustration OP, it’s disappointing when new content comes out and you are unable to enjoy it. I guess I’ll watch some RtWF streams until Bliz gets it straightened out.

I think people will be angry regardless. They seem to think that companies like Blizz own the internet and can control what happens all the way from the user’s computer to the end server. That is very much not the case which is why DDOS attacks and service disruptions on ISP impact so many. Twitter, Discord, and a few other things were having issues yesterday. I personally did not have any WoW issues though. I suspect it had to do with which ISP and where you were routing/connecting.

Then there is the issue where people want fixes to bugs - which is GOOD!. They should want that. Others get furious though that the servers need to be offline for a bit to apply the fixes.

Short of magic, current tech is not going to make everyone happy.

I vote coffee and brunch. That tends to make most content.

:coffee: :pie: :tangerine: :bagel: :waffle:

3 Likes

If you have over 10k posts, touch grass.

3 Likes

sha spawned just as server went offline.

chat had interesting dialogue that i wish i screen shot

Okay, I touched it. Was kinda wet. Now what?

1 Like

One of the outliers were people now expect bugs and the modding community to come and fix. And ‘76 was a “they did the mmo” thing.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

is anyone actually surprised at this? They have fired so many people to save money, you cant expect the game to get better by doing that lol

1 Like

Why do they keep necroing this old post?

Oh. Nm. My bad. It’s new. Carry on…

The ONLY thing the ToS requires of you is access to the servers. You can do take it down for maintenance. When it becomes a daily thing I think it is verging on blizz needing to refund us for the sub time lost due to excessive maintenance breaking their end of the ToS.

These people muddy the waters for players who feel they have legitimate complaints concerning the state of the game. Not only that, but their discord group also shows up and trolls the thread. Mass flag people that call them out etc.

It’s mind-boggling how this forum behavior is allowed to continue.

2 Likes

The Blizz white nights have arrived.

You’re one of the most acidic, negative people on this forum. But keep trying to throw shade :wink: