No Play Button

Hi There,

I am trying to play WoW using the Blizzard app but it shows me as offline and does not give me a play button to log in.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Kolan

1 Like

Is it showing you the free weekend promo?

1 Like

Nope. Just blank. Tried logging out and in no luck.

Are you seeing a large X in the top right corner? If so, click that to drop the advert covering the launcher.

If you are not seeing that, you may need to start the game from the EXE file in your WoW folder instead of via the launcher.

5 Likes

Hello, I’m having the same problem. I have no play button, but I do see the Promo for free play and I’m logged in and have access to everything. Except the ability to log in. [I waited for the update to complete, logged out and restarted my PC; then logged in again. No change.

Nope no add. I have not used the exe method of logging in for years. In fact not since the launch came out. :slight_smile:

Click the X in the upper corner to close the promo.

3 Likes

Thanks Kyzera,

I used the launcher in the WoW folder and got in. I wonder why the other is not working as it was yesterday.

Cheers

Kolan

2 Likes

I feel so stupid. I logged in and out for an hour. I’m very thankful for your help. That was exactly the problem.

1 Like

This is a screenshot of the Welcome Back Weekend advert that displays over the game tab in the launcher.

So if anyone else has an issue, just click the red X in the top right corner of the screen.

7 Likes

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

I am also having this issue. I have tried doing launch from file folder and still nothing. I do not see the add for the weekend promo or any “x” , the dashboard is just blank.

Are you able to provide a link to a screenshot by chance? You’ll need to highlight the link to it, then click on the </> icon in the toolbar where you type out your post. That should let you post the link. You can use a site like imgur to post it too.

2 Likes

Color me stupid but no I cant seem to figure it out.

If you are seeing a screen similar to what is above, just close the screen with the upper right corner X, Regdor.

2 Likes

That did the trick thx.

3 Likes

The main body of the dashboard is blank. There is no Advert. The games list on the left is showing, but, no play button. When I try to use the exe. file it brings me to the same screen.

1 Like

Could you try switching regions - and back again - see if that helps? Or can you not see that either?

4 Likes

Woot. That worked. I switched to Europe and back again and now it is working. Thank you very Much Orlyia.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for that!

1 Like