No Play Button

How do I switch regions? I’m on an iMac, and there is no advert and no play button, but also no region to switch?

Try switching off to another game, see if that shows the missing pane.

Unfortunately, only StarCraft II has a region option, I switched it to Europe and then checked the WoW game, and no change. Switched StarCraft II back to Americas, checked WoW - no change. :frowning:

Might try reinstalling the launcher, but this is the first case I’ve seen that hasn’t worked. If reinstalling the launcher doesn’t help, our Tech Forum would be your next best step.

Try logging out of the app and switch regions in the app, log in, then log out and switch regions back.

1 Like

I have the same problem

Did you click the orange X?

3 Likes

OMG - THAT’S GENIUS! but WTH Blizz? Why? arghhh. Thanks Kyzera

2 Likes

Non of these are working for me. I can’t seem to find the exe. folder to try and launch.

I’d suggest posting what you’ve tried so far in the Technical Support Forums.

Be specific about what you’re seeing/not seeing and what you’ve done so far to try and resolve it.

1 Like

If you done a default install on Windows, then look for this folder path in your Windows Explorer:

C:\Program Files(x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Wow.exe

2 Likes

Had the same problem with no play button. Turns out the folder path C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe has been removed. Tried to reinstall and the “start install” button just sits there when I click it. It started to install something and then said no special characters were allowed or something. I updated Windows recently.

I also had the problem of a no Play button. I messed around and decided to click on the picture which was displayed. I then X-ed out of what I had opened and low and behold had a normal screen with the play button.

Hate to admit this, but I feel like such an idiot. I tried uninstalling Blizzard…net, manually deleting every Battle…net folder and then reinstalling, restarting PC several times, and generally thinking I broke my PC… AND then I “Clicked the X” over the add… WHAT AN IDIOT! Thank you so much for helping me, I am truly greatful Ekon.

2 Likes