No one wants to Mythic raid, it's bad

make mythic raiding 10 man

1 Like

If you and your friends can beat the final boss of a mythic raid are you not done gearing? You don;t need any more loot

I agree (and all raiding should be no more than 10). This alone would create more tanks in the game and more likely for people to do it because easier to find a group of friends and not a bunch of acquaintances you know will bail as soon as their tier set is complete.

2 Likes

Hard disagree. It only “worked” if your friends played the same Faction as you.

As soon I encouraged a friend to play, and he chose Alliance … then what?? We literally CAN’T PLAY together. How is that good???

To say nothing of just… how much BETTER the game has become without having to deal with mob tagging, etc (and that ALL faction-tags are removed in DF). Every step removing the Faction barrier makes WoW a better game.

Note-- the FACTIONS are still there. I don’t really have a problem with that. It’s never used for anything worthwhile in the story, but fine, whatever.

Factions-- are ok. Faction BARRIER-- is stupid.

But we can agree to disagree. G’night! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I rather do LFR forever than be timed in M+ 5 mans :face_vomiting:

1 Like

So world first raiders are bad? Curious perspective since they definitely do more than 100 pulls.

Kind of a weird and self-serving narrative you’ve painted for yourself. Must be great to be way better than world first raiders, eh?

It’s not on the players at all. The idea that if over an 18 year period there are only a handful of guilds still raiding with mostly the same members is a sign of the failure of guild design, if it ever was Blizzard’s goal. Guilds do not have long-term stability. They represent a group of expedience. As long as you are useful to the guild, they will keep you around.

You can’t force people to be lifelong friends.

How will it make guilds stronger if most players who pug no longer have access to content they currently do? They have chosen to no longer join guilds for reasons that have been discussed a lot. Raiding would take a huge hit if most of the people who raid were no longer permitted to.

I’m fine with cutting mythic AND lfr so we can have good ole normal and heroic. I only cared about 4 difficulties when stuff could titanforge. I used to run every difficulty for something to do in pugs. Now I will clear heroic once and then m+ the rest of season.

1 Like

Hard pass. Mythic raiding is a blast, chill out with me friends , have drinks, good bants and kill some bosses. Mplus is rather boring in comparison 5 people does not make a good party

This attitude needs to DIAF. Sponsored guilds should be crushing the raid in the first day or two, not taking weeks and burning through $90,000 in BoE gear from every server in their region. This is entirely on Blizzard and frankly whoever they’ve had designing raid bosses since BfA (arguably since Legion if you count KJ) needs to either be canned or reassigned to another department. Maybe another game entirely.

1 Like

Copium is a little bit low. Need validation by mythic progression and proxy happiness by tier.

Ion says you must!

1 Like

my guild wiped 6 hours a week for 8 weeks on normal blackhand back in the day . its part of raiding , dont like it dont raid

1 Like

The reason why no one wants to mythic raid is because it’s too difficult to do with strangers and the time investment to progress each season is simply not worth it.

Blizzard making end game content for the 1% is what ruined the game. The “hard” content should be something a child can do but feel rewarding, instead of something that requires a time investment equal to that of a job.

E-sports ruined this game and Bobby Kotick is to blame. He wanted his own league like the NFL, NBA or NHL but for overwatch. He conned a lot of people into the hype but it’s ultimately proven that no one likes to watch that stuff. No one watches the MDI or world first races, let alone overwatch leagues.

Hopefully this game pivots to more casual content.

3 Likes

I can agree to this, Mythic raiding is currently the worst and I don’t want to feel like I need to have a job, plus a wow job, when I want to balance life around both…

…On the other end of that Mythic raiders don’t bother me and if they want the pain and suffering that comes with it with the ‘reward’ that follows, that, nail in **** type of pain and reward then let them. I normally tap out well before hitting max gear: I don’t need to be 304: i am happy with 292. Same will apply in dragon flight I don’t need to be 425 whatever item level and bang my head against the wall for that gear. If I do it and some things drop - Wicked if I don’t I am fine with that as well. But if people enjoy it? Meh more power to them as well.

Some people who don’t mythic raid are jealous that people who do are better players and get better gear, more at 11.

1 Like

Bwahaha ppl been doing the highest form of raiding since vanilla so I really doubt the “No- one” claim

Dungeons have actually always been the stepping stone into raiding until a few expansions ago.

So the so called Mythic raiders would always predominate the m+ community historical no matter your point of view.

Pro tip to all players:

If you don’t like a piece of content, you don’t have to do it. Content you decide you don’t want to do can continue to exist for the enjoyment of those who do like that content. You’re free to ignore it.

2 Likes

You have 3 other raiding mode options.

1 Like

Right?

I do heroic (well, did, since I haven’t done heroic since Sanctum) because it’s the challenge level I enjoy without the strenuous burdens of Mythic.

1 Like

You could just…not do it if you don’t enjoy it?

1 Like