No one wants to Mythic raid, it's bad

You realize it is only faster because Blizzard makes it that way… They could turn it into a 2hr slog.

Yeah, it’s true. Once I complete heroic and get all the possible gear I can get then I am done. Mythic raiding just seems stressful to me or going to work extra hours.

You are incorrect about no one wanting to raid Mythic, but 100% correct about how badly the reward vs difficulty is balanced. Every boss takes hundreds of wipes due to overtuned mechanics that are impossible without weakaura addons and which 1-shot the entire raid any time a single person makes even the tiniest mistake. None of the gear is ever used at all until you get to the final 2-3 bosses with the +7 ilvl loot. It needs to be fixed

Very uneducated post. You should do some research before picking up the keyboard

I’m stealing this…

3 Likes

I want to mythic raid, but our guild roster on average is between 12-15 players. 20 players consistently every week is just not possible.

1 Like

Hyperbolic much?

Maybe slightly but no not really that much. Slightly exaggerated but that’s pretty much 2022 mythic raiding in a nutshell

I think Mythic Raiding is fun… but finding a group to run with is the real challenge.

You get those 2-3 people in the “kewl kids clique” who just rage and insult people who don’t have it perfect on the 3rd pull and … it just makes it miserable.

It’s always a ranged class that can SEE everything, yelling at the melee who can’t see ANYTHING …

I enjoy the challenge. But it just reinforces that the average person tends to be a wonk.

4 Likes

People tend to follow the path of least resistance. So of course M+ is more popular.

Raiding’s gearing/progression scheme wasn’t particularly a problem until suddenly something easier and more rewarding came around and no adjustments were made to Raids to compensate.

Now, I do think the fact that dungeons were largely pointless after a couple weeks of an expansion dropping was a problem, so I’m glad M+ exists. But they’ve done an awful job of balancing it vs Raiding.

And gearing in general is forever going to be a roughly 3 week rush to get “close enough to BiS” followed by a 4 month grind to get “actual BiS”. M+ caused that. If changes are made to Raiding, it’s going to be to try and match that, not to gut M+ gearing. So this is the game now.

Bit off topic but I’m still unhappy about that. The multi-month gearing process from Raiding pre-M+ made a lot more sense for a game running on patches that tend to last 4-8 months (sometimes longer in the final content lull).

5 Likes

I mean… that’s the point of a guild.

I wish Blizzard would make guilds stronger. But players are here on the forums complaining that they want to PuG everything.

4 Likes

You say that like guilds aren’t full of obnoxious Dbs.

Been raiding since Vanilla. Guilds are rarely the end-all answer to anything.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t feel like mine is. That’s why I’ve been raiding with it since Vanilla.

Great! That’s like noticing there are some people that marry their high school sweetheart and stay married for 60+ years.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, it obviously does. But… you should also realize that’s totally NOT the norm. lol

4 Likes

20 people is a lot of people to organize, and its exactly 20 for mythic. Furthermore if you want to do it well it isn’t really 20 its 20+bench for class stacking and availability and that takes more organization then the average guild is going to put in. I’d like to be doing the hardest content, but the barrier to entry is more then I’m willing to do and I’m fine with admitting it.

1 Like

you should probably stop taking your opinion and inferring it applies to everyone else playing the game.

it doesn’t.

I’ll always mention that the Raid Scene doesn’t make sense for a lot of players, you’ve Normal and Heroic with Flex 10- 30 players, then Mythic blocked by a 20 man requirement.

A lot of heroic guilds can’t progress Mythic due to that logistic requirements, almost all other games have just 1 size for their gameplay and the difficulty changes, there’s just a small % of players that do Mythic raiding and among that % of players a smaller % that actually reclear the raid multiple times during the season. IMO, It’s a waste of content that a lot of player can’t access.

3 Likes

That’s partly on the players then, isn’t it?

It is partly on Blizzard, though. Because the only way to strengthen guilds is to make not everything puggable.

1 Like

Well… you say “players”, I think it’s a much broader issue in terms of HUMANITY. You’re talking about how people ALWAYS form cliques. About how people act behind the anonymous curtain of the internet, and how it’s often the worst in even good people (let alone what predisposed bad people do).

I think you can file the whole thing under “people are people.” Thanks, Dave Gahan and DM. :wink:

I don’t think I agree with your final assertion, though. I think WoW as “a game” is at its best when it’s most approachable by the most people.

Your argument seems to be “that makes guilds weak”, but I don’t think I agree with that. Even though you can easily pug a Normal raid, it’s still VASTLY more fun to raid-- no-- to PLAY with a group of friends. That’s entirely the point of an MMO. (and why the Faction system was so INCREDIBLY stupid)

So by analogy look at Mythic Raids, and pretend that’s ALLLL there was. I don’t think that would make guilds stronger, because the issue is that level of content is just too hard for WoW’s demo. Seriously, what is required to play in the first 4-6 weeks of a new Mythic tier (before any nerfs, etc) is just … NOT FUN for the average WoW player. Obviously some people like it, but it’s quite obviously not a big draw.

I don’t think making things harder is a solution to anything. For guilds, or WoW as a game in general.

2 Likes

No, the faction system was fun, and it worked well until, again, a mix of Blizzard and the players decided to ruin it.

1 Like