No mo’ fomo

Eh. I have a lot of fomo related stuff from over the years but I have never really cared if I got it or not.

Fomo systems are just there to incentivize folks to play the game even when it is in a bad state–and it works if you let it.

Some people do care, though. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. The term “FOMO Systems” is a label used by the player base usually to push their selfish agenda, because they like something that was limited. It truly is like someone seeing someone else’s trophy, being jealous, then demanding that they have a chance to get it. Whether that’s through a similar obstacle or not.

It’s like saying NFL should take superbowl rings away because it’s only there to incentivize players to play football. Obviously it isn’t the only reason. But even if it’s a reason, so what? There’s nothing wrong with having rewards that are unique and limited. Isn’t that the point of a trophy? A reward that is earned through a difficult challenge or obstacle? It adds a sense of competition. And when someone earns that trophy it has value.

1 Like

FOMO isn’t something blizzard creates. your mind creates it. it goes away when you accept that you won’t always get everything you want. and just like that you become free

2 Likes

People like to blame Blizzard for feeling FOMO. It’s like me saying “I’m sad, do something about it! Fix it!”

Being happy is a choice :slight_smile:

Not feeling FOMO is a choice too.

1 Like

This post acknowledges my standard statement that I oppose all time-limited rewards.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

If you select your renown tab , it does look like a battlepass doesn’t it :rofl:

Honestly this is a movement I could get behind.

#NoMoFOMO

3 Likes

Yup, when a game isn’t good, they rely on pressuring FOMO as incentive. Pretty sad.

As a mythic raider, avid collector, and owner of multiple FOMO items, I 100% agree with OP that absolute FOMO should be removed (except achieves with dates of acquirement). I enjoy the game way more at the end of every season when there’s no pressure for FOMO items (after I already got them) and I’m able to play the game at my own pace which in return causes me to play more than I did in the beginning.

There should be another way to collect past items with current same level difficulty content. Also, I honestly believe it would lessen the amount of players who have FOMO rewards and make them more rare because most people will keep putting it off thinking they’ll get to it eventually.

I mean… not skill wise, you’ll just be able to crush the challenge next expansion unless they retune it like mage tower or impose limitations like with Herald of the Titans.

Lol youre dying on this super bowl hill.

Its that way in wow because of some arbitrary rules? Gmafb

It can be whatever the devs want. Therefore my suggestion cause the devs should relax a bit.

Ppl used to think the sun revolved around the earth, that didnt make it right. Sure the nfl operates that way but it is not wow

The football analogy is pointless. Sure you can use it to restrict but whats the point in restricting? Epeen? Some imaginary feeing of i played this season so i should be special?

Literally every other game ive played i can earn things when i want. Wow is an exception not a rule.

Any decent game should let me earn w/e i want when i want

I could take your example And be like well no one can play super bowl 1 again so why should ppl be able to even enter past raids today? You didnt see it when current so too bad, Play todays raid nub

Rofl

It’s only fomo if you allow it to be.

It’s crazy how not worrying about collecting all the pixels fixes it.

1 Like

bragging rights comes off as more arrogant now a days. besides who cares what others have? i sure dont lol

Moving your body and being a pro athlete compares to pushing buttons in a video game, bruh.

Didn’t you know? kekw

Idk you seem to care quite a bit about other people having things you don’t.

just make a recolor of it obtainable later so people can have their exclusive whatevers. in the world of actual physical collectibles, people tend to value first print/run stuff over later productions. plus, it’s a pretty good flex if you could mix and match them (for example the mage tower weapons for fury warrior, you could use the arms 1 in one hand and the fury one in the other)

I want things brought back and no more fomo in the future.

Idk how I’m going to sleep tonight knowing someone on the internet judged me falsely and took the time to write it out to me.

1 Like

Who cares what turns you off. You keep saying " it turns me off" and? Good, it turns you off.

I can only speak for myself? I can’t speak for you or Jim bob over there.

Thank you for taking the time to write to me 🫶🏻

And thank you for writing me. Hopefully i turned you off.’

FOMO should definitely stay and be a thing.

1 Like