No mo’ fomo

i think im tired of having a clock ticking on seasons to rush through crap in a game where you need to be dependent on other people having a pulse

My solution?

Create a system where in later seasons by playing at a certain level you can grind currency to buy past season stuff.

Want s1 SL ksm mount? grind ksm level keys now for currency to buy it

Missed an aotc mount? Raid current end tier heroic end bosses for it

Same with pvp mogs and mounts and enchants. Play glad level now and buy past season stuff.

Or maybe make it a random drop from content at that level. Prior season mounts random chance from end of box loot or past aotc mounts drop from end raid boss.

Tell me why im wrong

58 Likes

Seasonal mounts are rewards for playing during that season. If you weren’t supporting the game then, why would you get the reward?

21 Likes

No, FOMO is a good thing. It incentivizes you to play the content when it’s current. And awards the players that do by giving them an unobtainable item and bragging rights.

4 Likes

i don’t worry about them gettting mounts as rewards is quite old in 2022 i mean you really can’t come up with something new after 18 yrs. i never used the ones i ever got from raiding or whatever anyway.

1 Like

I support them later.

Support is support.

4 Likes

Exclusive rewards are important to a game. Especially if gaining that reward took effort to acquire.
If you want a game that has essentially 0 exclusive rewards go play warframe.

3 Likes

I don’t think Seasonal rewards are FOMO, they are just rewards that you can get during the season if you want to have an goal set. If you have the skill then you can achieve it (most rewards are not that hard to get to beguine with), I don’t agree with OP post but i understand where they coming from.

2 Likes

To bad. Earn it when you’re suppose to.

4 Likes

Never figured out why they starting pushing the seasonal angle so hard, pretending it’s Fortnite or League or something. Next thing you know there’ll be a WoW battlepass :joy:

10 Likes

“Bragging rights” :woman_facepalming:

Plz get me away from these weak humans that need validation from other humans.

15 Likes

FoMo is literally YOUR fear of missing out. If you don’t want any more FoMo, then… stop caring that there are a very small amount of rewards that you won’t get. No more FoMo, ez pz.

6 Likes

No one cares what ppl have. They want to get stuff for themselves that they want to get.

I wanna be anywhere else when I’m with a human being bragging to me about what they have. No one cares but you.

Reminds me of my mother when we went out and she got a compliment and then she went on and on and on about her expensive crap or talking how my dad is a private pilot and he can fly here aNyWhErE aNyTIME she wants.

It’s so gross to brag and such a turn off to me.

4 Likes

There would be no “later” if it wasn’t for the people who supported them at that time.

3 Likes

I definitely support fomo. Should stay.

2 Likes

lol that will never happen. The make these season rewards and limited time items for a chance at something cool and rare. If we don’t get it, we don’t get it, and it’s a slap in the face to all the people that worked hard to get those items to just have it later be a random drop.

2 Likes

More content available for more players usually is more incentive for a population to engage in activities and events.

Accomplishments should be awarded, always, but it’s still a nice thought here since the concept of achievement is still maintained, and not on sale for general currency or something

3 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, people missing out on something isn’t a punishment to them for not playing, it’s a reward for players that were playing at the time. Many live games have FOMO, it’s a way to reward people who have been playing continuously. If there’s something that you want, you should gauge how important it is to get it and if it’s enough to try.

That said, I like the idea of using the anniversary events to let people to work towards mounts and items that have been removed from the game. Make it a week to two week long event that allows you to grind a currency across account that will limit what you can buy but makes the anniversary actually worth playing.

2 Likes

“Slap in the face”

Plz get me away from ppl like you.

I could give away everything I own. It ain’t going with me when I croak.

6 Likes

They have this for the pvp saddles. Seems to work ok for that.

9 Likes

people like me? The majority of the players think like me. Limited time means limited time. This isn’t the gym olympics in school where everyone gets the same ribbon. What’s so hard to understand about season rewards are season rewards?

3 Likes