No means no

• posting in this OP’s thread.

I like cake. Especially black forest w/ cherries

All the people that I know who refuse to use addons underperform by a wide margin.

2 Likes

Just going to quote Gaahr here in case the OP missed it the first two times:

I was going to say you don’t need add-ons if you make your own groups with folks who are okay with that, and then I see Gaahr being boss and offering. So really, the OP has nothing to complain about now.

3 Likes

OP, since you don’t raid I assume you’re talking about M+…

What addon are you talking about that people are kicking you for not having?
Method Dungeon Tools? I can’t think of any addon that people would require you to have one. Heck even MDT is really mostly for tanks to plan the route.

Weakauras really help tracking interrupt rotations but you don’t have to have other people have it. Littlewigs and other addons that provide spell countdowns are nice to have but I’ve never seen any team require it.

So I’m kinda baffled at what you’re talking about.

But they’ll continue to do so, because trolls. :stuck_out_tongue:

The key is a +9 Waycrest, btw. That’s not too bad.

3 Likes

I’m assuming he was doing terrible damage and someone called him out on it and they figured out he doesn’t even run a damage meter so he doesn’t know how terrible he’s performing and they booted him, not for the addons, but for doing terribad damage.

2 Likes

No, i’m really not. The question is valid. If that afk person was at 100% for the rest of the dungeon, then it’s fundamentally no different from choosing to gimp yourself as far as the rest of the group is concerned.

You can feel whatever you want but it’s not accurate. Boss ability timers mean you can plan your movement and rotation. That’s DBM. UI improvements help keep track of your rotation/ability cooldowns. Blizzards is sub par at best. Elvui or one of the other bar mods. Details and other damage meters or log software help you gauge your performance with different builds/talents. They help you improve. And this isn’t even getting into class or boss specific weakauras, Method dungeon tools or a host of other niche addons that improve performance to the max.

Can you stop posting please?

At this point I genuinely cannot tell if you’re just a discount troll or actually serious.

You should be talking to the people who are “insisting you use addons”. That would be a few raid leaders.

Why are you posting here, to millions of players that do NOT insist you use addons?

That’s an irrelevant argument. EVERYONE is better than someone out there. Addons or not, it’s meaningless. The simple fact is, without addons you are worse than you WITH addons. Nothing else matters.

It’s not that they’re required–because they are not–but rather that they make information much more readily available.

That way, you focus on more important things, like doing more damage or keeping to the interrupt order or what-have you rather than focusing on if you’re standing in bad or not.

Addons make a big difference. They really and truly do.

1 Like

What about you go look at their page and not just the number? That kind of mistake, imo, is on you.

Here’s an idea yes i know it sounds super crazy but maybe just maybe install the damn addons takes literally a minute and if it’s because you don’t know how to locate the wow directory then just install wowmatrix it’ll do the installation and updates for you.

Look at it from our perspective the content is old everyone knows it and here comes some guy who doesn’t know the fights coming up here with no DBM and cause us to wipe or die in the first phase because you don’t have the addon I’d kick you too you’re no use the group if you’re constantly dead because you won’t do something so simple as install DBM!

Fun Fact: The time it took you to post this forum thread you could have already installed DBM and your queue would have just pop

Keep at it champ. Someday someone might decide to carry you for free.

If you want people to take you no matter what, join a guild or make your own group. You have been told that many times. The comments used to be helpful, then you decided to ignore them all and spam the forums. A GM even said they couldn’t tell if you were trolling or not. That ought to tell you something.

2 Likes

Wanting to do harder then you are prepared for group content w/o doing the basics to do those and then complaining that you get kicked?

But all you are doing it posting about how YOU WANT to do such and such and you don’t care what anyone else says and you aren’t going to listen to them. What kind of “helpful” comment can be given to that kind of post?

2 Likes

I apologize, i fail to direct you to this comment i made for somebody else. Hope you now know what the heck i’m talking about by “indirectly” answering your question.

You got any proof to back up that fact Leaf?

Id play however you enjoy playing.
If the group youre in doesnt like your game…let them find someone else.
Im leveling a new panda shaman. Today I didnt like how the tank was pulling half the field. He kept doing it, I bailed.
They can find another healer to abuse.
no skin off my furry rump

His original complaint was about constantly getting kicked while being a sub par feral dps, doing harder then he could handle content, not fully enchanting, and not using add-ons.

2 Likes