No masterloot please

Was ML really that common in heroic and normal guilds during legion/warlords?

Don’t give me stats/anecdotes from MoP or before, because PL wasn’t added to the game until MoP, and made available in organized raids until WoD pre-patch.

So we’re ignoring evidence of bad player experience, just to make the players from Legion happy.

2 Likes

No. I’m asking that GIVEN THE FREEDOM TO SWAP BETWEEN THE 2 SYSTEMS, how often did N/H guilds choose ML over PL?

That wasn’t even a choice pre-WoD for raids. You’re options were ML, Need before greed, FFA, Group Loot, and Round Robin. PL did not exist for organized raids in the time I’m asking you to ignore.

Guilds move over to ML to min/max, which is another reason you won’t get ML back as it was.

Blizzard doesn’t want you to optimize toons that quickly.

1 Like

I know mine and all the friends guilds who only raided up to heroic chose PL

1 Like

Same for me. The heroic guild I joined out of trade in Legion was using PL.

As we saw with the recent RWF, PL does not stop players from doing crazy splits/loot stacking to gear up as quickly as possible.

If anything, PL allowed them to optimize harder, as they could force the specific tier token they wanted to drop.

we ran ml before the option came, and we just put it to a vote, and pl had the votes.

OH MAN, I screwed up, as the raid lead, i should have just told them to suck it up.

You give them the option of ML and watch how many of them use it.

Yes, they will. But if they did the same level of class stacking under ML, it would substantially increase the unneeded/unusable drops. They would also move to in-house raids, which would drop the gold investment required to compete in the RWF by a couple hundred million gold.

And what makes you think the devs want that?

Are you saying that they liked the amount of community helper splits that were run this tier?

If it took them longer to clear the content then yes.

Maybe my experience was just very uncommon but I raided with guilds that used various master loot loot systems. I did plenty of pug raiding with guilds. I ran guilds who had to pug members for raids. I never really had that many issues. Most of the issues I saw weren’t in current content, but when running old content for transmog or mounts.

They said that this tier’s RWF was actually too long. They want the best of the best to be able to clear in 10-14 days instead of this tier which took 22 to have a top 5.

They don’t care about the competitive crowd in the long run.

Just ask any of the Heroes of the Storm pros.

Counterpoint: look at how long Starcraft and Starcraft 2 have held on.

Are we still talking about ML here?

You brought up how

And I just countered with another competitive crowd that got a lot of long term support (over 20 years iirc).

changes topic, asks why the topic changed.

1 Like