No masterloot please

Queue Monty Python…

1 Like

wanting to allow players to determine how loot is done in their own guilds is not selfish.

You saying words like “My loot” is selfish.

oh look, a dodge. So you don’t actually believe that “almost every guild” statement then since you aren’t even trying to back it up.

that doesn’t follow in anyway. if you’re trying to prove an amount of experience, you have no way to gauge what my experience level is.

because people kept putting themselves in bad situations and then complain when it went wrong?
because blizz wanted to slow down the progression in game?

ML is a popular topic right now because of the interview and said dev stating that they want to bring ML back.
No struggle present.

dodger mc dodgeyson.

On one side people want options for all. a way to choose for yourself, and let others do what they want.
On the other side you have people who want everyone to abide by their rules, no matter what.

[quote=“Cäpslöck-proudmoore, post:750, topic:1236912”]

1 Like

Really? It was a legit question.

If a loot council can consensually distribute loot then why can they only do that on master loot and not personal loot no restrictions?

I keep asking you for answers and you keep dodging the question saying things like “you just don’t understand.”

How do I not understand? What is wrong with my argument? How can you not have a loot council or loot dictator with personal loot no restrictions if it’s all consensual?

Ion directly answered that they wouldn’t do this.

The answer is simple, and Ion gave it himself… It gives too much power to guilds.

PL: You control what drops (by who you bring to the raid), but not who gets it (due to trade restrictions).
ML: You control who gets what (via ML), but not what drops (the whole boss loot list is pulled from… so you can get a gun when there’s no hunter in the raid).

PL without trade restrictions: You control what drops (by who you bring to the raid, need a caster trinket? bring 2 tanks, 3 healers, and fill the rest with casters), AND who gets it…

Ion himself that’s too much power, and I agree. That’s why PL without trade restrictions doesn’t work.

Now if you’re asking the question from the perspective of could such a system function similar to a ML group? Of course it can. In fact… it partially does right now through RC Loot Council. In CE prog groups, plenty of them have the policy of ‘if you can trade it… you’re going to be trading it.’ So yes, from that perspective it works.

But Ion said no to that… and outlined the reason above why.

1 Like

Too much power to guilds that already spend billions of gold every raid tier (not even getting into any RMT or boosting community stuff here) to just be the most hyper-competitive min-maxers on the planet to get world first.

The guilds that will do whatever it takes, whatever they can (or even cannot do but still do) to win. They don’t even care about splits or personal loot.

It would be easier to simply ban trading items in raid during the race to world first than to try to reform the game and the players to get back to a healthy state compared to all the absurdities we have now.

No trading in raids until the race to world first is over. No normal raid trading. No heroic. No mythic. NO RAID TRADING UNTIL THE RACE IS OVER. Nobody cares about 2nd. place in the race to world first.

Personal loot no restrictions.

Anyone caught working with or using a boosting community instant perman-ban. That’s it. Boosting communities banned.

Any guild caught using community managers or anything like that including middle-men to organize boosts. Instant perma-ban. That’s it.

Turn this game around. Clean it up. HARD. We don’t need this to be a good game. The current status quo has just made this game worse than it’s ever been before. And you can’t ignore world first raiding in that statement because it is definitely involved. You can’t look away from the truth anymore we need a cold hard reality check here.

Raiders can have whatever they want as soon as the game stops forcing us to raid for the highest item level gear.

I will NOT deal with corrupt loot councils and ninja looters again. It was terrible then, it’s terrible now in classic and it would be terrible if it came back.

1 Like

Ironically, you want to take away people’s loot chance and give it to the person in charge of the raid. You just want to manipulate other people. Your weird, angry, hateful response is a pretty good indication of what you really want from other people. Sociopaths don’t really believe other people exist or are worth their time, so those others aren’t deserving of an equal chance at gear, or of respect in communications online or elsewhere. You must choose for them, you must speak for them, right?

2 Likes

They already let PvP get the highest ilvl and mythic+ get it in the weekly vault I’m Just saying…

100% agree. It’s toxic. It caters to whales like asmongold who are already on record paying millions of gold to their guild to carry them to get mythic N’Zoth. Already documented whaling on Lost Ark. Already documented whaling WoW to try and milk his stream for gold to buy the cheapest mythic BoEs. Already documented begging for gold for McConnel and Esfand from his stream because they were too embarrassed.

The list goes on and on. Just no.

1 Like

God no that’s awful! So you would rather no one be able to trade anything for the firs 3 weeks or so that it took this season? No thanks.

Well then when ML or some version of it comes back I would suggest making the adult decision of not joining a guild that does things a way you dont like.
The same way I dont join a heroic progression guild because their goals and my goals are just not the same so it would be the wrong place for me to go. I wouldnt join them then get mad they dont do mythic. That would be silly

2 Likes

It’s almost like the race to world first is toxic… and is having a negative effect on the health and development of the game.

It might have been a legit question, but you are firstly using it to avoid admitting that you don’t understand the math that was being presented.

I will completely respond to anything you wish after you do one of these two things. Either

Demonstrate you understand the probability math that was presented(even just a little bit),
or

Simply admit that you don’t understand the math that was presented.

you tell me, when presented with the math you kept saying things like, caps made things up, and changed the subject.

And then you just jump into other questions which is just a defense tactic to avoid answering that you either do understand, or admitting that you don’t

oh, this person is on a roll.

point me to the math and I will definitely take a look at your math.

(also you are still awkwardly avoiding my question but it’s ok)
(this is getting really awkward.)

Yea most aren’t… no wrong there, but I’ve personally given him answers to his questions and he just ignores them and re-asks in a few posts later…

That was probably asked after i threw him on ignore lol I will never like anything where others decide who is allowed to get an item. As much as people don’t like RNG, it’s just as much a part of ML as it is PL, but imho at least PL doesn’t tell someone they aren’t allowed an item because others decided so.

Super weird quote restrictions but I’m trying to meet them…

But you still won’t answer my original question or give me your supposed "math."I don’t really know what to do cause I think you’re just avoiding me right now.

They said not only that but all loot only drops for the raid leader no individual pieces. Must be given out by the RL at end.

What does that even mean? Only drops for the loot dictator? No individual drops? Only the dictator gets loot and they must be given out by the end?

Yes the new and improved master looter in all difficulties of the raid/dungeons.

So the old master looter.

Why not make masterloot something that is attached to the guild? Your guild is either a ML ON guild or a ML OFF guild and is decided by the guild leader when the guild is created and can be only be changed every 90 days and if so, the change is broadcast to every member as soon as they log in. “Your guild is now a MASTERLOOT ON guild” so people could leave if they want to. (It wouldn’t be on all the time but leader and officers would have the option during raids and groups, but would not in an ML OFF guild)

This could be used for advertising a guild as well as some might be more inclined to join a ML OFF guild.