No masterloot please

There are many reasons. if you disagree with them personally, that’s fine, but to say there are no reasons is pretty dishonest.

Well mostly because the group worked together to kill the boss, so the loot belongs to the group.

then find a better guild to be in. sounds like a personal choice here.

classic response when you really have no good defense. compare loot to a paycheck.

1 Like

But where is your rebuttal? You’ve literally just replied without making any valid remarks.

So what if the group worked together to kill thet boss? That doesn’t negate the fact that a group consists of seperate individuals.

Go find a better guild isn’t a valid argument when it’s something that’s happened with almost every guild.

It seems like you want that toxic element of WoW back.

It was better when the user is skilled. The more skill the guild has, the better ML becomes. As player skill goes down, it’s advantage is less and less realized, to the point where it’s not better than PL below a certain level.

1 Like

I made valid remarks.

The group killing the boss means the loot is a reward to the group as a whole, and players just want to be able to choose where that loot goes without restrictions.

Just because you seem to be quite selfish, doesn’t mean this point is invalid.

unless you can prove that “almost every guild” was corrupt, you really have nothing here.

I want players to have the freedom to choose the system they would like to use.
I want to be able to make my own choices, and I also want for you to be able to make your own choices.
I do not want to force my preferred loot method onto others. You apparently want to force it on others.

2 Likes

The current loot system is a pain sometimes, but master loot was absolute cancer in the hands of the “people” that run most guilds and groups in raids. Something about raiding turns people into walking sacks of trash.

4 Likes

Its funny as My guilds that I had been part of previously worked well with ML It being an option is not a bad thing. forcing ML is a different story just find a guild that does PL

2 Likes

So, why are people addressing the wrong problem and trying to get a band-aid?

well, when people use lines like Rek did, I wonder if, by worst decisions, they mean “they did not give loot to me, even if I did not need it”.

A better comparison might be a benefit dinner where all the proceeds, after costs, go to a pool of charities:
ML done right: each charity gets an equal share of the proceeds, or the one that needs the most gets the most
ML don wrong: One charity gets most, if not all, of the proceeds even if they are not in need of such
PL: everyone who helped put the dinner on can choose where their share of the proceeds go.

Because people don’t want entirely deterministic loot. It is fun to group up and see what dropped on the bosses body. The difference is that PL gives us zero control, while ML gives us some control. ML let’s us distribute loot as we see fit, PL just leaves everything to chance.

I prefer some control and a distribution rule set decided by my chosen group of players.

Yup that’s not for everyone, hence why we’re asking for the choice, not a replacement.

Yes it is.

It was removed because of people not taking personal accountability for understanding how ML works and throwing fits about it. It wasnt removed because its a bad system, it was removed because small brained individuals kept making tickets for invalid reasons.

Your personal experiences dont dictate everyone elses experiences. Even then YOU dont get to force a loot system on people when you dont even raid.

I SO TOTALLY disagree with this. Systems need to be in place to ensure that corrupt players cannot take advantage of one another.

A lot of people avoid this game. A lot of people think it’s gross. They don’t think that because the game has weird systems. They think it because the people are awful and take advantage of one another.

And yes, we always need to be thinking about the decision process of someone who’s looking for another game to play, and considering WoW. Unless you want to find yourself being the youngest person in your guild when you are 85.

3 Likes

I might disagree with you on loot systems but this gave me a chuckle.

You are right he does just go ground in circles but in fairness I don’t see many people try to answer the thing that he said that time.

He asked about RC loot counsel and why it doesnt have the problems that ML would apparently have according to its detractors which no one has really answered from what I have seen.

Exactly.
At the lower levels (where people against ml in these threads tend to raid) PL was actually the majority anyway according to that survey so its not like it was hard to find one anyway.

2 Likes

-Interesting how you’re trying to turn the logic around. You wanting that control over players loot is being selfish, not the other way around. Your narcissism is selfish.

unless you can prove that “almost every guild” was corrupt, you really have nothing here.

Uh, I don’t need to prove anything to you, so you really have nothing here. I can prove that I’ve been playing the game longer than you have though, thereby having more experience with master loot.

There’s a reason master loot was removed in the first place and why you’re struggling on the forums right now to bring it back.

Once again, you’ve failed to bring up a valid argument.

1 Like

They do want it more deterministic than it is and quite frankly they want more loot.

You may end up getting some type of change but it won’t be ML.

I understand and kind of agree with the message you’re saying in your original post, but you come across extremely illiterate and unlikeable in basically everything you’ve posted on here since then. You are very annoying.

Again. We’re asking for choices, not replacements. I get it. You got burnt in the past. So have I. It sucks. You don’t want to trust others with loot. That’s fine.

Can you please stop making that choice for me? I don’t want to be your LM. I don’t want your loot. I want the option to choose a guild that distributes loot in the way that I deem fair. That means that I’m not in control of it btw.

Can you please butt out of how I and my chosen guild handle our loot? I’m not telling you or your friends what to do with loot… Keep using PL. I want you to enjoy the game how you want to. Can you please do the same for me? I accept the risk of joining a ML group willingly.

2 Likes

That’s weird, cause Ion directly stated that they want to bring something like ML back. That’s why these threads cropped up again. Of course they could mess it up in traditional Blizzard ways, but… based on that interview… ML looks like it may actually make a come back. But we’ll have to see.

1 Like

Tradable PL is something like ML. Yeah, the old version of ML is gone forever.

Did you watch the interview? He directly said no to that… maybe go watch the Asmongold interview.

You can quote me in the future if you want.