No Justice for the Kaldorei (9.1 Spoilers)

Just popping in to say hi and to tell the kaldorei fans, the ones being honest, to keep up the good fight. We’ll get blizzard to listen one of these days :heart: :wolf:

3 Likes

I acknowledge that the figure is canon - however I find that the actual presentation doesn’t present it believably and creates a great deal of confusion when things like Void Elves are put on the table. I figure that if the narrative is not going to portray that figure, then it’s better that the figure be walked back.

Nothing materially changes as a result.

No, the full context was that Blood Elf poster posturing as though we should shut up because of the fall of Quel’thalas. The paragraph that you’ve chosen to make a federal case over was one of four responding to this:

Which I find to be a disingenuous claim because the Night Elves went through a similarly catastrophic event during Warcraft 3 as well, one that established the playable character circa Vanilla as “one of the few Night Elves left in the world”. (See post 1465)

So no, the poster did not merely share a fact, that poster actively tried to minimize our complaints. The full context is that Blood Elves are not alone in the “Warcraft 3 decimated our country” club, and hence don’t get to use that to act as though Teldrassil doesn’t matter.

As a worgen fan, and part of the blizzard abused my fav race and community club, can we please stop the fighting over who has it the worse? The big 3 as I’ll call them, all have had their own atrocities they were never allowed to get revenge/retribution and closure on.

So, again, we should be united against blizz, not having each community and fans needlessly tear each other down. It honestly saddens me.

And that….is all I got for now. :wolf:

7 Likes

Again, don’t start nothing, there won’t be nothing. I’m not the one who rolled in with a bad faith comparison engineered to end discussion on the actual point.

That would be Aurirel.

1 Like

I get that, I do, I was just saying we should be united, not needlessly bickering and making bad faith arguments just to feel superior in our own tragedies. It wasn’t aimed at you or anyone in particular. Just a general statement, because I’ve seen some bad faith arguments from BOTH sides. :wolf:

3 Likes

Yea, and I’m saying that there’s no chance that something similar could happen to thw Night Elves because:

• They have no people left
  • They have no zone left that the Horde isn’t entitled to
  • They are hated by the writers, therefore their souls were obliterated and their genocide is being painted as a good thing together with Sylvanas

Blood Elves didn’t have all those stones in their way.

It has nothing to do with being sceptical. We’ve seen how the writers promised the night elves some closure, yet doubled down in their misery in Shadowlands instead by obliterating their souls and by glorifying Sylvanas and letting her get away with everything.
If this is not pure hatred on top of everything that they already did to the race, then I don’t know what is.
In a few years, the Horde will also fully take Darkshore from the Night Elves and then they can happily delete the race from the game for good.
Notice how they also never got a heritage armor? Yeah I wonder why…

For completeness sake, I do need to knock these down.

• Bullet 1 is false by the time we get to the word “no”.
  • The Horde is certainly not entitled to anything, and the status of Ashenvale is unknown.
  • No information was given on the proportion of obliterated souls, and I don’t get the impressions that you do just from the questing.
  • Thus far, while Blizzard whitewashing Sylvanas is a possibility, it’s one that hasn’t been realized. Her raid however doesn’t give me the impression that they’re about to paint her as a good person for what she’s done.

Judging by how blizzard handled the Worgen heritage armor quest line, be thankful they haven’t gotten around to doing the Kaldorei one. I’m terrified about the horrible ideas they will come up with. :wolf:

2 Likes

I should reply to this as well…

There’s nothing to ‘feel superior’ about. This whole matter is humiliating, and I’m sick of having to knock down these low-effort, intentionally fallacious dismissals over and over again just to get people to see what the problem is and that there even is a problem. It’s also extremely frustrating to have to disposition manifest distractions rather than to focus the conversation on solutions.

2 Likes

In Horde narrative content blood elves are comparatively rare as NPCs versus the other Horde core races, specifically due to their smaller numbers. It’s not unusual for them to be completely absent from groups of Horde soldier NPCs. Speaking for myself, I find that 90% figure to be completely believable considering what I see in game.

Undermining player fantasy and good content isn’t nothing. I realize you probably aren’t playing Shadowlands (and I don’t blame you if that’s the case), but that 90% figure is actually a key story element in current content that I happen to very much enjoy as a blood elf fan.

I read both your full post and Aurirel’s, there’s nothing in their post that you quoted that said you or Ethriel should shut up. As I said in my first post, I’m not them, I can’t speak for their intentions, but I also gave my interpretation, which was that Blood Elves were relevant as an example of a race that has canon low numbers but remains playable.

Please point to where either I or Aurirel in the post quoted claimed that Blood Elves were unique in being decimated. For the record, I took “First time?” as a reference to a meme, again in reference to Blood Elves being playable despite low canon numbers. I don’t see how that equates to claiming that blood elves are unique.

3 Likes

We have the fact that all their 3 zones were wiped out and that there are far too few left.

Just as much as they were entitled to Ashenvale, Teldrassil and Azshara, they are also entitled to claiming Darkshore once they feel like it. What’s stopping them, the anima left of the obliterated night elf souls?
Give is a few years, because that’s the last night elf zone left and that’s 1 too many according to blizz.

As long as nothing states otherwise, it’s the only indication. And it would be perfectly in line with the rest of their story and the writers’ behaviour towards them.

Oh yea, that’s why they already confirmed that she’s getting a pass and not evil. And that she talks about justice in her raid fight… because you know obliterating night elf children in the maw is justice somehow. Tyrande having given up on justice and Thrall asking Sylvanas to yield is also just further proof.

Just assume what’s worst for Night elves and it will happen, always. This is so straight forward at this point.

Probably something similar. The Night Elves will die out in a few generations, or somehow tell us how the burning of teldrassil was a good thing, or perhaps tell us how great it is that we still have darkshore left. I could’ve very well imagined those. And the armor obviously would be really ugly and out of place.

Maybe it’s good that they didn’t give the Night Elves a heritage armor then :expressionless:

1 Like

Understandable and we’re in agreement that dealing with low level troll accounts, bad faith arguments, downplaying legit concerns of NE fans, etc is tiring to see constantly, let alone deal with :wolf:

1 Like

So how are you guys liking tbc?

1 Like

I only brought up the Blood Elves because of a pointlessly dramatic claim that removal of playable status is something remotely on the table for Night Elves, as if population decimating events aren’t super common in the setting. This is why these discussions are tiring. The arguments of some of these posters boils down it not being to be that the Night Elves got just extra screwed as of late, it has to be some new level of bad that no PC race has experienced and we should assume the worst outcomes from everything and pretend everyone else got good outcomes.

4 Likes

It remains as it was at the start of the MMORG, a contested zone. Keep in mind however that the Barrens is no longer the unified Horde zone that it once was and there are Night Elf settlements in Stone Talon Mountains that did not exist before Cataclysm. and Feathermoon Stronghold is a lot larger than it used to be.

Night Elf souls are the only ones that are visibly rescued and rehomed you do have to be a member of the Night Fae to see this.

The Darkshore Warfront Armor is light years better than almost all of the Heritage sets and it’s not one armor fits all classes nonsense. The plate, mail, and cloth armors in particular excellent especially if you get the elite versions of them. It’s the best done racially flavored armor in the game in my opinion.

4 Likes

Adding extra monetization options where it did not belong, coupled with consistently poorly handled botting situation do make the thing hard to enjoy. Expansion is good though.

It has some underrated lore bits. And old world quests from new races here and there, that were also gone in the retails (mix of draenei and night elf quest givers in Ashanvale, for example).

It would’ve been good if blizz did not decide to make it worse that it could’ve been. Oh well…

gl hf

2 Likes

Maybe this is my own bias kicking in but I wouldn’t really think of blood elves, or any race introduced in an expansion, as a core race. I’d expect the main four of each side to have the lion’s share of representation because they make up the thematic bedrock of each faction. Especially since belves are a theme inversion race for the horde.

Not that they shouldn’t show up at all, but I guess I think of them more as a sort of flavoring instead of a main dish.

Thank you for the clarification. I will not speculate on Ethriel’s intent or assume bad faith, but I did find that specific idea of removing a playable race extremely unlikely. I’m personally not interested in having a competition with other players over who has it worst, any complaints on that front should be aimed at Blizzard.

I was using “core race” solely in terms of the character creation selection screen, as opposed to allied races. I understand your point, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the main driving factor in designing NPCs. However, lack of numbers due to both the Scourge invasion and civil war with Kael’thas is also the canon reason for blood elves being relatively scarce in Wrath content.

Disagree.

It depends on taste, but how can you find this good looking?

Especially the boots are way out of proportion, and it’s even worse for female night elves.

1 Like

You’re a Mage… did you get the cloth set that I mentioned?

The problem with the Heritage sets is that they’re designed for one class type and shoe horned on to everyone.

They also don’t include weapons and my Night Elf mage bore her Spellblade transmog for a good deal of her shadowlands time.

I think the metal se tis pretty awesome, especially if one excludes the helm.