No Justice for the Kaldorei (9.1 Spoilers)

I don’t know, I seem to recall saving quite a few of them from the maw, after only (reluctantly) destroying a small handful of them that turned into a monster.

It always struck me that the Windrunners psychologically were Night Elf throwbacks.

Just Droite, really.

4 Likes

I agree it was excessive. I thought of myself that it was said. Rather, it was a sense of duty.

By Tyrande I mean her involvement in the possible restoration of the Night elves. If Blizzard can’t even manage that, then i’m done, forever.

3 Likes

If you are talking about the night warrior ritual/the lore about the night warrior it was literally created for BfA. Or rather the ability for someone(aside from Elune) herself to be a night warrior.

The writers have always condemn anyone who sought to kill just for vengeance sake. There has always been a fine line between justice/defending the innocent and going on hate filled revenge.

2 Likes

The Uther Bastion Afterlives short makes this very clear.

EDIT: It’s been fun watching some people be able to compartmentalize “this is the Arthas story” “this is the Uther story” “this is the Sylvanas story” “this is the Tyrande story” since we as a fanbase appreciate and understand those characters in a multi-facted way, but the writers are telling a holistic unified long-form story with common themes throughout. You cannot establish moralistic rules for one character (vengeance bad with Uther) only to break them for another (vengeance good for Tyrande).

There’s a disconnect there.

1 Like

Oh yeah, thats the reason other characters get their deserved kills.

Thrall - garrosh
Hordeplayer - camp T.
Thrall - blackmore
Illidan - Gul’dan

I mean, its exist plenty of examples of clear hattredfilled and accomplished vengeancy’s.

1 Like

Every culture have its own moral. If uther get hunted by his own deeds means in no way that other characters have to be the same moral and culturally moral.

For trolls and forsaken for example is vengeancy a clear culturally drive and its normal for them to seek it against their foes. Their fans even like this about them

1 Like

The story made it clear that killing Garrosh was a painful and costly decision for Thrall and one that he probably regrets on some level. It certainly didn’t present Thrall as reveling in it or “winning” or being satisfied, if anything it broke Thrall.

It doesn’t take much imagination to extrapolate what the writers would have done to Tyrande under similar circumstances.

There was never a fairy tale ending… what we have now on the PTR is just about the closest thing you could hope for.

2 Likes

Blackmore?
Gul’dan
Camp. T?

Its exist plenty of times the person who get harmed get his vengeance.

It legit broke him. It is why he lost all ability as a Shaman and went into hiding in Outland to play farm and pretend he could ignore what was going on back on Azeroth. The elements stopped responding to him because he no longer saw himself as worthy, so they in turn didn’t either.

5 Likes

Its brokes him while he set him in this position! It broks him because he make the mistake.

His misjudgement about garrosh started an entire war and all of this was his responsibility

Garrosh faults were Thrall faults and many people died because of this. Their blood is on his hands aswell as garrosh hands.

That brokes him. But tyrande never make sylvanas warchief. The situation ist vastly different.

Tyrande would have every right to seek the horde destruction as political faction if this faction started in 10 years 2 offensive wars against the nightelf borders. Both times to drive them away from kalimdor.

But she fixated on sylvanas, and now this is bad aswell?

2 Likes

I would not really call the death of Gul’dan vengeance based, really. Illidan didn’t have some deep set grudge or anything. He just saw Gul’dan as a threat he needed to destroy, one in a long line leading up to Sargeras himself.

Plus, they chose the manner of his death to make it highly ironic, as he died the same way he in turn killed Varian. It was poetic justice really, to have him destroyed by the very force he had dedicated his entire life to.

1 Like

I quickly checked, Thrall decided it was a duel to the death and actually gives Blackmoore a fighting chance.

Illidan didn’t seem to kill him out of any particular revenge. He killed him because he was serving the Legion.

The entire questline was an example of how the cycle of violence was perpetrating itself.

Sure it does, and sometimes the people who get their revenge in Warcraft are no worse for ware after it happens BUT that doesn;t mean Blizzard condones it/is what they want the audience to get out of it. They have constantly mention how the cycle of hatred keeps embroiling everyone in an unending tit for tat.

You know in some parts of the world burning trees counts as a form of renewal.

So in the end it turns out we did the Night Elves a favor.

That tree was getting way too big.

I don’t think you can really understand what do you demand. You demand from the victim to be still the bigger person thereafter 3 years ago the same person WAS the bigger person.

Fool me once, your fault
Fool me twice, my fault

To expect from the victim to be more forgivable as jesus himself is a unimaginable expectation.

He killed him with an earthquake after the death of his friend. Their was no real duel against the original blackmoore

I literally have a copy of the book in my hand. The earthquake happens AFTER Blackmoore was killed by Thrall in combat.

You don’t have to forgive, you don’t have to forget and you are still free to chase Sylvanas to the ends of the universe. However continuing a war that has effectively ended especially when at the time people were dealing with an Old God crisis is foolish and would have lead to more death. If not the death of the universe itself.

I expect people to try and focus on rebuilding/making sure we all actually have a future when all is said and done. If the Horde ever does attack again, then go ham and kill as many as you can but until then Azeroth has a few hundred wounds that need tending.

The Horde has ALREADY attacked again. It’s time to kill. Plus, the Old God has been killed. And the wounds … everyone forgot about them.