NO housing in WoW! Meanwhile

this is always a bad argument in my eyes. so just take the bad parts of the system out and leave the good parts in lol.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Makes a lot more sense now, and sounds awful, TBH.

1 Like

I love good sim and builder games. Minecraft, Valheim, Plannet Coaster, Sim City’s… They’re all great.

But WoW is not that type of game. It doesn’t have the foundation or design that makes it a good fit. And given that they are struggling to produce content for a production pipeline they have nearly 20 years of process and optimization built up for, I don’t think we could hope for anything better than the Panda Farm and WoD garrison.

2 Likes

So, you’re not as gear dependent. Which never made sense to me, unless their ultimate goal was to empower your agenda, allies, etc. You need gear to empower you unless you want to jump 94839483948 times to see “Your skill in jumping increased…”

Funny thing is: World of Warcraft is not Final Fantasy 14.

Me, I’d love housing in WoW but I don’t want it unless they can do it right. I’d rather no housing at all in WoW if they can’t do that.

2 Likes

Their point is the fact that as the hero of the story, you are the source of power, not what you are wearing. On the other hand, Blizzard uses gear as a way to keep you sub’d. The longer you have to grind the longer you have to play. Huge difference in game philosophy and let me tell you, feeling like you are actually the hero is so much better than worrying if someone is going to kick you from a group because you don’t have the right covenant, conduits, legendaries, or talents.

6 Likes

But if the whole thing is about you, and you’re the power…what’s the point? Unless you level up your skills each time you level and grow stronger, and get to where we get to on wow, just not so much with gear. Regardless, it’s still a grind, no matter how you look at it. In my hypothetical case here, the leveling keeps you subbed.

1 Like

Player housing sounds pretty dumb tbh

If we’re going to steal something from 14 it needs to be 1 character can switch to any class and level it up. I’d get a serious amount of use out of that.

Housing? I’d go in once or twice and never again.

4 Likes

I gotcha broski

This is who I am :point_down:

So for me, player housing will make the game better by adding more things for me to collect.

5 Likes

There is a 99% chance I’m going to login everyday :laughing:
There is a 100% chance I’m going to login every week

3 Likes

A small amount of people have been asking for housing since release.

It’s not a feature that matters. It’s a place you decorate and go afk. It’s pointless in FF14, and it’s pointless here.

3 Likes

When does FF14 add something that makes it funner to stay subbed longer than a month?

Anyways, can WoW’s old engine even support housing?

1 Like

Hey OP, this is the WoW forums. Keep it that way.

2 Likes

If I have to choose between the :poop:show that is the housing system in ff14 and the nonexistent one here, I’m choosing here every time.

1 Like

For real though, get with the freakin’ program, Blizzard. You’re supposed to be able to do what you do, better than anyone else can do it. Give us player housing and design it in a way that makes FF players envious.

3 Likes

That’s nice. Thanks for sharing. We support your paying of a WoW sub to come tell us how great FF14 is.

1 Like

Why though? They have an entire MMO that FF players are envious of lol

1 Like

housing is good evergreen casual content. it’s a good way to keep people engaged and interact with the world more. want furniture? go out and gather and craft it. there are people in xiv that just do the msq and craft, gather, and decorate their houses. maybe do some other content, but that aspect of the game is certainly a big draw.

just because they do something in xiv doesn’t mean it would be bad for wow. i don’t understand this logic and i don’t think i ever will, it’s so backwards.

swarf has the right idea here. though knowing blizzard they probably won’t do it because they know it’ll get ragged on endlessly in comparison to other offerings in other mmos.

3 Likes

IMO we’re getting a huge profession revamp, which I personally feel is far more important first.

With this revamp i can only hope it eventually leads into some sort of housing down the line. The team acknowledges our desire for it, but its obvious they need to fix the game itself first.

I love FFXIV but im confident that when WoW finally does proper housing it’ll likely be my favorite iteration. This game does everything so well from a mechanical standpoint that i keep coming back even though the content itself isn’t interesting right now.

If Dragonflight is successful in being a return to a basic featureless expansion (no Torghast, etc…) then I’m hopeful that housing might be a selling point in whatever expansion follows.

Might be huffing copium, as they generally seem to dodge obvious wins with large demographics (looking at season 4 and how they handle chromie time currently) but fingers are crossed.

1 Like