No Flying Realms for Wrath

You want it. I want it. We all want it. The only mystery is why Blizzard hasn’t done this yet. No-flying realms for wrath of the Lich King. It can be a good test run. And when you all see that people actually DO want to play WoW without flying mounts then that’ll prove that it should be an option in retail as well.

If you like flying mounts then you won’t be affected because you can go to a regular “yes-flying” realm. So zero need for you to respond to my post talking about how I’m dumb for not wanting flying and how I should just “Stop using flying mounts!”

But isn’t stormpeaks and Ice Crown IMPOSSIBLE to traverse with only a ground mount? Surely these obstacles could never be easily fixed by Blizzard! It would take too many resources! Just stop asking for no-flying already!!!

I hear you type as you stare at my beautiful post incredulously.

Actually no. It’s not. I went to Storm Peaks. I got on my ground mount and the zone is 99% traversable by ground. A couple of flight paths or teleporters or a ramp would make the entire zone accessible by ground. It would be extremely easy since the zone is almost entirely traversible by ground mounts already with very little obstacles in the way of this. Go ahead and try it yourself.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t mind more realms with more options. No problem for me, however, I anticipate people being forced to play on flying realms or be separated from their friends, which seems like an unpleasant choice to have to make.

10 Likes

I don’t think they will make a realm just for you and six friends to get tired of riding everywhere. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A flightless server? Talk about breaking lore!!! :joy:

129 Likes

How are you going to do Storm Peaks?

173 Likes

Wrath gives you a free flying mount at level 77 because you can’t finish Icecrown and Storm Peaks without it.

112 Likes

This is the worst idea I have ever seen

126 Likes

Cataclysm where we can’t swim.

21 Likes

No, I don’t believe I do.

58 Likes

Why would this happen?

Have you been to stormpeaks? There’s about 1 rock wall and a big chasm that prevents you from going everywhere on a ground mount. It would be very easy to add a couple of flight paths or teleporters to make it 100% traversable by ground. Same for Icecrown

1 Like

Partially. Not to mention Ice Crown being undoable without flying.

18 Likes

For example, say 18 people in your guild want to fly and 2 don’t - the guild is probably going on a flying realm. And then the guild either splits or the non-flyers stay on a realm they don’t wish to be a part of.

I think it would be fine if people’s entire friend group did not want flying or if they were not associated with any group, however.

3 Likes

You don’t speak for me

[Citation needed]

Because Wrath never had no flying realms. Any level 80 with enough gold to buy the license could fly.

40 Likes

Nope. In over fifteen years of play, I’ve never been there. I just made a wild guess that such a place even existed.

28 Likes

I hope they do that. And you’ll find out that no flyers are an incredibly small minority

18 Likes

This is about what I surmised. I’m glad we figured this out. Anyways, once you actually do go to Storm Peaks, try going around on a ground mount. The entire map is 99% ground mount friendly. There are even little paths on the mountains that let you go all the way up and through them.

19 Likes

Icecrown and the Storm Peaks were designed for flying mounts. I dare you to traverse Icecrown on foot.

12 Likes

You would want teleports to locations over flight?

13 Likes

I don’t want it. I want to Fly at Max Level.

16 Likes

I don’t want this at all. The fact they removed the random dungeon finder means I would not even consider playing. Why not remove all mounts while you’re at it? Remove all mailboxes and flight points but one per zone so people like you can feel truly hardcore?

The overwhelming majority of people who claim they want RDF removed aren’t even going to be playing wrath classic. They just think it would be good to force that on other players.

Do you even have a main? Just curious.

7 Likes