No Dual Specs - Blue response inside

Was literally posted in the other thread, GC’s twitter after WOTLK.

https://i.imgur.com/iyTBA6R.png

I’m sorry dood.

6 Likes

Sorry, but nowhere in any of those tweets does GC ever say he regrets adding dual spec.

You are a liar.

:crying_cat_face:

yes because the boosting meta was entirely over-saturated and again, by buying boosts why would you want to level normally when you could just buy it. Either from a mage in classic or from blizzard with IRL money.

I am talking about OG vanilla and TBC, not the boost your way through dungeons by buying runs from mages that have nothing better to do than boost and sit on mountains of gold.

We added talents in vanilla so rogue 1 and rogue 2 could be different. - Ghostcrawler

Damn straight, GC my boy.

Actually there’s a lot of cool stuff on his Twitter post WOTLK, you should check it out!

1 Like

He’s talking about Tri-Spec requests in those latter two tweets. The context of that quote was about Tri-Spec as well.

1 Like

“I do worry sometimes that dual spec solved a problem (talent points were a pain to rebuy) that no longer exists.”

"The intent of letting you remake choices was never supposed to be “I can swap to anything at a moment’s notice.”

Please go away troll

They filled an entire thread with this misinformation too.

This is the definition of grasping for straws.

You think that boosting wouldn’t still exist without the ability to purchase them straight from blizzard?

He directly names dual spec in one them. I know you’re struggling to keep it together but let’s not try to be so desperate.

5 Likes

Where does it say that? It’s literally talking about:

“It was supposed to be 'I made a decision that now I really regret and wish I could make over.”

Meaning that you accidentally clicked the wrong talent in the tree, not that you could swap to whatever you wanted a moment’s notice.

lul I dont wanna know how much gold Ive spent on respeccing /cry. I respec on 3 different 70s (so far) at least 3x a week each and its a REAL PAIN… I don’t understand why small quality of life changes cant be made while they instead remove the “/spit” macro that no one gives a damn about…

Love all the lvl 20s and people who don’t play TBC weighing in on something that in no way affects them like they have something to defend XD it’s ridiculous to force a 50g respec every other day or sometimes 2-3x per day when there is ZERO reason to suck the fun out of the game like that… #nochanges? well wtf is that damn lizard people are riding around on? what happened to the rogues HArP spec? Why can I shiv with a sword? dual spec is LITERALLY like the FIRST thing on the list of things people would actually love and appreciate deeply… but forget what people actually want right?

I never said that. I said that the boosting meta wasn’t as prevalent back then. The classic we got was not the OG, the new client that it’s running on allowed for things to be pushed in a way that was never really a thing back in the OG vanilla/TBC days.

Mages weren’t soloing ZG GY at 40 like they did in classic release.

More lies from Zipzo.

Yes, he directly name dual spec in a topic regarding tri-spec. Delimicus isn’t wrong. He specifically said,

@DaemonGildas I personally feel like dual spec eroded a lot of class identity in the interest of being more convenient to players.

— Greg Street (@Ghostcrawler) October 22, 2013
2 Likes

Do I really have to do this right now? Alright, I’ll do what I always do; prove people propagating misinformation wrong. Give me a few minutes.

1 Like

oh hi Kuma alt. People posting on not max level characters SURELY can’t have experienced the game and raided all the content and blah blah blah.

Just because the character posting on is not a max level character doesn’t mean 1) that they don’t get the ability to post their opinion on the topic and 2) that they don’t know anything about the game.

Please stop trying to push this narrative.

I love how the pro-hamfist-dualspec-in-to-TBC people have been laying in to “What would Ghostcrawler have done in TBC” so hard, only to find out when someone picked up the finger to do a modicum of Twitter searching, shows that Ghostcrawler literally regretted adding dual spec in WOTLK post-mortem discussion.

You can’t make this stuff up, friends.

chefs kiss

2 Likes

There you go, he literally said it

4 Likes

To me it comes down to the intent of TBC’s original developers.

Drums… Did the original developers intend that EVERYONE be pressured into being a leatherworker? The answer is an obvious no. So I think it was okay for the current devs to put in a fix to make drums line up with the original devs’ intent.

Dual spec… Did the original developers intend for everyone to be able to swap specs on a whim? The answer is obviously no. So dual spec should not be added. The game is currently working as intended in this regard.

5 Likes

EXACTLY… you were right and you posted proof of you being right. Yet they still can’t grasp it.