No Difference in Power between lvl 50 and lvl 60

I’ve already answered this question. In the beginning of the thread, no less. The answer is ‘no, this isn’t true’ and ‘I did it all the time before Shadowlands but Shadowlands is different’.

Went to go test this in M HFC.

It literally took me longer to do at 60 than 50. Certainly longer than 120.

GG Blizz, you guys messed up scaling again. I’m sure your tiny, overstretched team will figure out how to do it in a few more pointless squishes. If we’re lucky, we might get a smooth squish in 12.0

2 Likes

lol /ten12

I clearly said the past few expansions have been in poor taste and old content is practically the only thing worth doing.

All snark aside, they literally haven’t said this and they’ve explicitly acknowledged, endorsed, and encouraged players to solo old content & legitimized it as “actual content.”

to be fair we are all in the absolute base maximum gear, will this change as we get more barrowed power from coves? maybe maybe not, but i dont see how it makes much difference as old content is no longer worth it unless you really want that mog or mount. the gold farming aspact of old content is dead it looks like

I do it for the story and the transmog stuff with my fiance. As of right now I have a piece of gear for a set that I want to get. It requires farming heroic BFA dungeons and then Uldir. I didn’t expect to be able to do Uldir for a while but I had hoped to get started on the farming of heroic dungeons when I got raid geared. As it stands, though, the transition of power is so much lower this time that I worry I might not be able to do it at all this expac. My example is that Legion normal dungeons were possible to solo in BFA at the start when you hit max level. Duoing was easy. But BFA dungeons are basically death zones, solo or duo.

1 Like

I am, it’s for the same game, I payed good money for 4 years ago. And I am still enjoying it now. But I would imagine that as I get stronger that content, while outdated, would be easier for me to handle. Shame on me, eh?

they should change it to 5 levels

1 Like

I’m not sure what you expect/want.
Primary stats have gone up, secondary stats have also gone up.
Secondary rating requirements however have also gone up. This is how it has to work, otherwise you had 40% crit last expac and if you expect it to go up from there where does it go to? 80%?
Next expac does it then go to 120%? What does higher than 100% mean? You auto crit and have an additional chance to proc a higher crit? An extra attack?

If it scaled linearly we would be at atleast 1000% haste, crit etc.

We need these resets between expansions.

Yeah im at almot 160 with a 155 wep. Stuff not dying faster feels like everything is already preset and gear means nothing.

2 Likes

The scaling does seem really weird right now. I got to ilvl 171 and I’m finding myself competing with people in the early 50s when I did normals with guildies who were leveling alts. Feels like their system is focused entirely on the end game, and very little care at all was put into how earlier levels work.

I also answered that, you said Legion and BfA, which as I explained largely was due to the discrepancy between where player power came from.
So much player power came from borrowed power sources that the base stat rescaling was essentially negligible compared to the increase we got from the systems.

Prior to Legion soloing old content from the previous expansion was largely limited only to great solo classes like Hunters, Warlocks, and DKs.
Even multiple expansion gaps were difficult for classes like Mage or Rogue until they implemented the legacy booat for players of a much higher level.

Not sure where you came up with this, but this has never been the intention.

Legacy raids are still very much endorsed by Blizzard.
One expac old shouldn’t be a cake walk, but expansions that are two expansions or further should realistically be able to be soloed with limited difficulty (minus specific mechanics).
If they aren’t it sounds like something is messed up with the legacy scaling they implement (the thing that makes you do astronomical numbers with same geae just because they are a lower level)

The issue, is that a boss in Legion has 3-4 million HP… mainly it’s because a BOSS is always 3 levels higher than you. So if you’re 60, it’s 63. So you don’t get the large damage increase like you get in previous raids, such as Siege and Throne of Thunder. Those creatures fall into a category that makes them lower than you.

This issue is because Legion monsters and bosses are acting like they are 60 and 63, which is still making them very hard to kill. Their levels aren’t working correctly, making them impossible to solo.

Legion is 4 years old, people are doing it purely for Achievements and TMOG, it needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Put on your Azerite gear and HoA when you’re out of Shadowlands. If you vendored it, you made a mistake.

Oh for sure, right now it’s cooked.

I was hoping I’d be able to go back and immediately trample a few BfA dungeons to unlock the remaining allied races, but after grinding down a single boss I decided to put it off for now.

Guy would you chill lol
It’s literally a few days into the expansion. Once the Mythic keys start flowing, you’ll be much stronger than you see now. Take it slow and enjoy the ride. At least you’re not getting left behind!

I’m not a fan of what they did. I feel like it negated hundreds of thousands, and probably millions of hours of effort that people put into the game the last 15 or so years. We are now back to where we were when the game released with a bit more content, and a huge loss in power. Not many mmorpg companies could get away with this. It remains to be seen if Blizzard will, but they probably will.

2 Likes

no there is a diff. i AM WEAKER NOW! try going to prior xpac and see for your self!

2 Likes