No Cross realm BGs

You might run them, but not everyone does. So you out of a million players is still not a lot.

And yes, the PVP groups did “control” who got Rank 14. But that’s the point: it allows for serious pvp guilds/groups to actually succeed in their area of the game, in the same way that PVE guilds “controlled” who got access to Naxx, AQ 40 etc.

Also, in EITHER system, your casual isn’t going to get rank 14. In Server only BGs, they will be barred by the serious players, and in Xrealm BGs, they will be barred by the sheer amount of honour inflation.

So the only people who benefit from this system are people who dont care about pvp

1 Like

No guild controlled who got entry to those. It was more the high end guilds needed players from other guilds (usually in the form of poaching) to complete the content (8 geared tanks for 4 horseman). Once the aq gates are open by donations from the entire server, they are open to all players foerver.

Its not about rank 14, its about actually being able to get into a game to enjoy the onbective based map.

Well, then, PVP guilds didnt control access to HWL. You jsut had to compete against them since they didnt control access to the actual BG

And yes, the reason why mention R14 is the same reason why people mention epix in raiding. You’re no-incentive participation in the game isnt anywhere close to the population.

It’s like arguing for LFR because who cares about gear anyways? It allows more access!

Additionally we are going off pre 1.12 honor decay on HKs right now…when are they gonna drop this honor decay? Dec 10th? Because they gotta stop picking and choosing which 1.12 changes they wanna immediately do and which ones they wanna hold off on.

1 Like

Simply due to the fact that the honor is earnt in the world, therefore less total earned. Im sure on the release on cross realm bg’s you will see the 1.12 honor system as it was.

Dont forget we already are using the 1.12 versions of the pvp gear itself. Are you asking for the other ones first? Are you asking for your rank to also decay so you lose access to that gear?

Classic was never intened to be a full scale re-release in vanilla from 1.0.1.12.

They based it on 1.12 as it was the most finished version of the game, and one they had access to data for.

If there’d be enough people in one server to queue for BGs , I’d support this but I’m afraid there won’t be enough.

Please no crossrealm bgs to start.
When naxx drops ok maybe start talking about it then.

It robs servers of comradery, rivalry, and community.

It might be the only thing to keep the balance of power on servers equal, even when factions are unbalanced.

I want to feel like my battles have meaning and that if we win a match, that’s more honor and gear my opponents are deprived of.

2 Likes

This is rather the only reason for single realm bgs: it will make people transfer and even out, balancing the realms.

However… the thing is that once bgs are out, no one will really care about wpvp (except for the ocassional griefer), thus rendering the solutions obsolete.

1 Like

Off peak taking longer is good to close the gap between those trying to grind pvp 24 hours account sharing. It reduces queue dodging as there isnt an endless supply of games.

It will help with server imbalance. It’s a great idea and what I wanted from the start.

Mate the fact they have have phases would suggest this is a possibility and as such should be discussed. It would bring it inline with how classic is being released. This isn’t just a 1.12 recreation apart from them using that as the base, they have phases for a reason as this is a recreation of the vanilla experience and server only bg’s were that experience for the majority of vanilla.

Everything in the game is based on 1.12 data, with the exception of an invisible door that unlocks when a phase drops.
1.12 itemization on gear.
1.12 drop rates.
1.12 talents and bug fixes.
1.12 pvp gear instead of the earlier lvl 58 gear.
1.12 threat mechanics.
1.12 cross realm bg’s…

But you want earlier versions?

Classic recreates the game in the state it was in after patch 1.12.1, c. September 2006, before the launch of The Burning Crusade expansion.

To emulate the original game’s patch release cycle, content in Classic will release in phases. This means that game content originally released in patches, such as the Blackwing Lair, Ahn’Qiraj, and Naxxramas [raids], battlegrounds like Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley, and certain items and quests, will become available after launch according to a six-phase schedule. Unlike the content patches for the original game, these phases will not modify the core game mechanics such as character abilities in any way; the [game balance] is set to the 1.12.1 version of the game.

Anything that decreases a queue time is a win. CRBGs it is.

2 Likes

Yeah to offset the 4:1 ratio of horde to alliance in world pvp

I’m kind of leaning towards both because there were both cross realm BGs and server specific BGs during this time. They didn’t overlap but I wouldn’t mind seeing both at the same time.

Thanks captain obvious. The whole point of phases is to emulate vanillas patch stages.

Ofcourse they arn’t doing it as an exact patch to patch recreation. But just as they released honor without bg’s whats stopping them from releasing server specific bg’s before xserver bg’s? Especially as it may address issues like server imbalance as well as give people that experience that comes from alliance vs horde rivalry and the sense of communinity knowing the names of the people your fighting with and against instead of anonymous people from random servers.

Xserver bg’s was 1 of the first steps that ruined the feel of the game and led down the path of xserver sharding crap that is retail. It’s a huge reason why retail feels so hollow without a community feel.

1 Like

If you want fast meaningless crap thats already available in retail. Classic should be about the original community based mmo that made it the great game it was.

Server only BGs promote and make it easy for win trading. And it screws over PVE servers.

Because CRBG’s aren’t content, they are just an update to the queuing system that fixed some bad issues, issues which will exist in classic otherwise.

Now i’m all for blizzard releasing same realm and CR queues so people can choose what they want.

Was fine for 95% of classic. Honestly 1.12 was 1 patch right at the end and not what people are fond of. Unless your only experience is 1.12 private servers.

1 Like

Sounds very retail to me.

1 Like