NO CATA! Keep WOTLK

They said that about TBC though. Hey are you having fun playing on the TBC server? No you’re not cuz they got deleted as soon as Wrath came out.

ok Sir, please find a safe space to work out your issues.

Shadowlands was bad I won’t deny that one bit I don’t agree with dragonflight though I’ve set it several times It’s a solid 7 Out of 10 Expansion The radis were solid.

You can progress your character however you want Even through world pvp Which is incredible on its own.

And they are listening to class Is complaints in doing class revamps Throughout There’s no borrowed power The new profession system is good and Dragonflying is amazing.

Aka If we’re talking about gameplay Dragonflight is amazing now Where it falls on its head And I mean terribly is Story and lore.

The problem is when I play through Dragonflight I don’t feel wow I feel like that story was written by a bunch of fourteen year old girls That really like Is soap operas.

His character growth is important And you can have positive growth The problem is there has to be risk That opportunity for heroism.

And although shadowlands I think tried to be too grand Dragonflight seems to have made the opposite problem words too simple You know we’re all singing songs together Around a campfire.

Wall the Well the two Potential future leaders of The black dragonflight Arguing like two teenage girls.

That’s what dragon fight is missing Good story in good story telling Yeah blizzard has never been fantastic at.

But dragonflight has been bad at least with shadowlands there was risk There was grandeur No yeah Chateau anne’s story was terrible among other things but my point is.

It feels like dragonflight is a build expansion If they’re building a foundation for the next one that’s what it feels like And if that’s what it is good.

And with chris medson at the helm I have high hopes my point is Dragon flight Is a solid expansion Not amazing.

1 Like

Na. Dont make stuff up. Subs dropped in Wrath once at the very beginning then they rose again and rose all the way thru the expac until right at the very end when they began to drop some, then as Cata was announced subs went up big time, then went up until mid Cata and until people began to unsub due to difficult raiding. Then the subs dropped again all the way until MOP came out, then they rose a tiny bit but not even close to what they were and then began dropping and continued to drop until Legion came out. Then they rose again with Legion but dropped as many claimed that expac to be a spec killer as the artifact system bound you to a certain spec for a while and the Prestige system up to lvl 25 was a massive grind that even the most hardcore PvPers didn’t complete hardly ever.

1 Like

Cata content is playable now. Is there a need to bring out something that is already playable?

I can appreciate you liking DF… we all can’t like the same things for sure…

I just feel like DF is over bloated with “things to do”, or trying to be everything to everyone, not to mention the whole rush through things to then just rush through more things and the BS esports nonsense - just feels like they are throwing spaghetti against the wall and seeing which one sticks.

I also feel like they gutted my core characters, and they just don’t play well. I don’t know - just leveled 1 character and stopped - it was just gross.

Didn’t realize i could play cata classes in retail, how do you go about that?

No matter what you do in game, unless you are 100% RP and never level past 1, class design is the most important part of the game, and wrath-mop had the best class design the game has ever seen.

1 Like

Everything you said is demonstrably false. These numbers have been released publicly. You’re straight up lying. Numbers dropped because OG LK was too hard before the nerf, and continued to drop until Cata. Cata had strong starting numbers, and from beginning to end lost about 2 mil. Then lost another 2 mil in MoP. Numbers SOARED for WoD but it was a letdown, dropping subs by half (10 → 5 mil), and contrary to popular belief, numbers for Legion never met peak for Cata, MoP, or WoD. WoW has stayed at roughly 5 mil subscribers since then. There’s some ebb and flow here and there, but it’s been pretty consistent.

Quit LYING.

4 Likes

Yes lets ignore the other 10m players. Yes, its a personal statement if you think it did bad.

No, I used it correctly.
“the activity of controlling, and usually limiting, general access to something.”
You are trying to limit our access to fun with posts like these. We are literally in a thread about “NO CATA”

2 Likes

I’ would bet 100% you were a guy telling people MC would be harder then retail raids because this is lunacy lol

:rofl: I grew up in the 80s. My generation doesn’t need safe spaces.

Great your generation had good music.

1 Like

“Father, is it over? At long last, no King Rules forever my son.”
“Tell Blizzard, The Lich King is died, and World if Warcraft died with him.”

11 Likes

“Sometimes dead is better.” What I mean is, keeping wrath around indefinitely, probably wouldn’t be doing it any favors.
(3:10 PM 10/20/2023)

Classic Vanilla have 4 years, I hadn’t logged in for months and when I logged in yesterday I was shocked, in Whitemane server Orgrimar must have had more people than in the entire retail…

hell, I would quit. I don’t like the world map destruction, I love Strangle Thorne Vale, just the way it is. I don’t like the overhaul on the talent tree’s, it changes how you can customize classes. add skills, do balance changes, but to hell with the overhaul… and condensing the experience levels takes the fun from questing in areas you like to fully Experience. add a level cap and maybe a bonus talent tree system on top of the existing one. players love extra talents or extra skills to customize with. NO TIME WALKING! I like to mail profession materials between toons and join up with my friends without all the hassle of being in separate phases. also it the phases really did have alot of glitches when you attempt to change phases at all. one of my toons got stuck in a timeline and i had to delete him. same with my brother. so, no more.

If you check certain…servers that I cannot mention…you will find that more than HALF of them populated are based on WOTLK the other thats left cover 4 other expansions combined.

WOTLK has remained popular LONG past its prime and no reason at all to not let it sit here

1 Like

So go play there…

1 Like

I honestly hope they release cata but with new systems kinda like the alpha/beta/gamma dungeons.

Perhaps an additional currency for catchup gear and stuff.

TBF when it comes to pservers, only 1 “company” has a good cata server and only one “company” has a good mop server, the rest are buggy messes.

Wrath is so popular because its the most modern server with near perfect scripting/questing/classes