NO CATA! Keep WOTLK

100% this. This has become one of the most overused and wrongly used word people are parroting on the forums today.

1 Like

Games always lose subs over time
 name one game that has the same amount of subs at its peak. The FACT is the it lost a natural amount of subs, which continued through WoD and then subs went BACK up for WoD to 10 mil. WoD is what killed WoW because they lost HALF their subs after that. Compared to the 15% Cata lost. You can’t argue with statistics that are public. FOH.

2 Likes

Yes but that was a massive drop and out of the blue and then subs rose again after that so it had nothing to do with WoW getting old. In Legion and in Shadowlands both, subs rose.

Boomkins are total leetsauce in Cata. OF COURSE you want the expac to come.

LOL
 no
 Cata was the down fall. MoP was fun but people posturing and trying to be all cool “BuT pAnDaS aRe StUpId”. War Lords made it even worse. Legion was “ok” once the stupidity of level scaling was fixed.

1 Like

Cata is gaming perfection when it comes to pvp. Vanilla is the best pure RPG version of course, but Cata is the only good expansion. This is coming from a PvP perspective, of course. Cata PvP is the peak.

Wotlk is unplayable trash for pvp. It also sucks for the pure RPG aspect.

3 Likes

The only thing I didn’t like about cata was the original world got destroyed but that’s it. Compared to shadowlands well cata was a master piece.

2 Likes

Except it wasn’t. They dropped naturally from the end of wrath, and slowly dropped through Cata and MoP, and then went back up for WoD (WoD looked awesome but sucked).

4 Likes

Legion is the true nail in the coffin for me. Everything post-Legion has felt like garbage and not like WoW at all. Even WoD felt 100x better than Legion.

1 Like

SL raids were superior to Cata.

1 Like

The pvp in SL was absolute garbage though. Seriously F that expansion.

You know I hear this a lot They should give up on Dragonflight And just focus on classic + You know here is the problem with that.

1 You ask a 90 Million People What Classic+ Should be You get 90 Million Answers.

2 Dragon flight has been a very big step forward It’s a solid expansion 7/10 From a gameplace perspective The raids are solid there’s no borrowed power.

Class balance isn’t perfect By any stretch but they have in more perceptive To feedback now If we’re talking about story Yeah 90000% Agree I feel like what i’m watching a story that was written by fourteen year old girls Is that really like Soap operas.

But my point is it’s not beyond saving In Dragon flight was a build expansion Is a solid step forward They have a solid foundation now They can rebuild it The problem is bfa/sl Was so bad and damaging.

It’s going to take more than a 7/10 Expansion to bring people back I don’t agree on the concept Is that the older game is better it’s different.

In some ways it’s better In some ways it’s worse On top of that, whenever they bring in a feature from the newer game, most of time, it’s generally received positively by most people.

On top of that a good portion of the problems that are happening in classic Well A lot of them were the player bases fault Blizzard didn’t make us do gdkps, World buff meta, Logs,gs we sed #no Changes Not blizzard us.

So ya What a surprise things ended up the way they did Because something i’ve realized To truly get back to classic.

It doesn’t just need #no Changes From the game It needs #no changes From the players And that’s never going to happen.

1 Like

If you go by only one thing and especially one or two classes, then that argument is extremely subjective. I enjoyed PvP in SL as a prot druid.

SL and DF are complete garbage. There is nothing appealing about that over-bloated crapware that I’d ever want to play.

cata destroys so much u guys are comparing raid data like ROFL!

cata ruins all low lvl content old world is 100% better, on top of that low lvl pvp brackets suck and they remove arenas for anything not endcap

content becomes braindead and extremely hand holds u all day and DK and mage are broken (even if blood is nurfed from the change too vengeance for pvp frost is just out there LOL).

all the 85 cap zones are stupid and boring and the water zone ROFL dont get me started this list can go on forever CATA is the worst iv played it NEVER AGAIN!

I’m sure that is true but it doesn’t have to be. There is right and wrong game design for Classic + the rest are opinions.

I can’t play DF. I tried. I do like the addition of Talent trees again and theorycrafting builds. Which is what you need in an MMORPG. The most important part of the game is theorycrafting and coming up with something that fits your playstyle.

However
DF is still the same as the previous expansions and one before that. You cant’ fix Retail in DF or the next expansion. So they should stop. Here is why

In order to fix Retail you have to have a hard reset. Wipe everything out and start over. Aka WoW 2. You need to get rid of every previous expansion and just start over. The zones, the items, the mounts, everything and remove all the bloat and convoluted mess in WoW. (hard reset)

At the end of SL Zovaal should of Thanos snapped his fingers and it all been a dream. They should of let him win. Then we wake up in Azeroth never seeing all those expansions. They are just gone. This way you can actually make a good MMO again.

You can’t keep adding onto Retail because you eventually hit a Critical Mass. That mass was hit a very very long time ago. Eventually you have to start over and unite the world again so it actually feels like World of Warcraft.

So until they do this Retail will be bad. However they have been given a golden goose. The perfect opportunity. They don’t have to Reboot Retail and hard Reset it. They can just do it with Classic and start making Expansions for it. WoW 2 is now born. Then put Retail on maintenance mode.

I think that any game has about 2-3 expansions before it gets ruined. It’s really difficult to go past that number without hitting Critical Mass. You have to start over (you can’t just keep adding) because no Stat squish or Character Squish will fix what is wrong with the game that is Retail.

Nothing matters in DF and nothing will matter in the next expansion so why bother. It’s just not World of Warcraft anymore. There is literally nothing they can do to ever EVER fix Retail and make a good expansion again. At some point you have to have an END!! In order for it to be good.

1 Like

Never understood the rationale behind that mentality.
SM should have been released during Ulduar. Now, its just a placeholder for a blue rare in cata.
Folks are going to really freak out when quest greens are better than ICC loot.

3 Likes

Previous expansions gear shouldn’t be irrelevant. It’s the biggest mistake they made progression wise in WoW. Expansions shouldn’t of done character level increases. The world became smaller and smaller with each expansion making everything pointless.

1 Like

Wrath Era will be a thing.
Cata will be a thing
Era is a thing.

Everyone is happy.
Stop crying. Only sad people feel like they need to be in the way of something to prevent others from having it. It’s sad. It’s pathetic. Grow up.

Play what you like and let others play what they like.

3 Likes

Im perfectly fine with that. Hopefully MS-Blizz agrees.

I already unsubbed because of it. Just waiting until my sub runs out then I will be gone. There was zero reason for them to do this. They are going down the exact same path that began to kill WoW in the first place. Cata coming out is when the players began asking for Classic era servers in the first place because Cata is when the Classic world gets destroyed. Blizzard very clearly is not learning from their mistakes.

2 Likes