No Benediction Queue for 4 days

The really bad mega servers were totally locked down, so commercial bots couldn’t come back, as they get ban waved.

Lock down combined with aggressive ban waves could have freed up thousands of slots all onto their own.

1 Like

Lol bene down now

They gave a pretty good break down on why that wasn’t possible. My side of IT isn’t server infrastructure for an MMO, but I emphasize with blizzard on the sheer number of people talking out their rear on how easy they can fix the server caps.

Most people are very much under the dunning-krugger spell, especially when it comes to people whose only IT work involves turning their iphone on, suddenly thinking they’re engineers.

1 Like

OK well here’s the thing.

No one is giving any sort of proof of increased capacity so I don’t buy it. If all it takes for you to believe something is queues going down with no thought to any other possibilities and you don’t seek out proof to your theory that’s fine. You can think whatever you want to.

Dozens of people were believing some fake RDF survey a few days ago, some still do, I went and looked for proof and there wasn’t any.

they’ve already explained as to why they don’t allow higher population servers.

Yes, because they are a indie company that doesnt have the budget to upgrade their servers.

Exactly. Thanks for the comment.

server logins where manipulated just like the votes where so people transfer!

Ironforge still has us over 30,000 players too from logs.

The thing about conspiracy theories is the burden is on the conspiracy theorist to prove it. So that’s your job, bud.

2 Likes

That’s why many of us believe that the queues were artificial to begin with to prevent them from having to spend money to upgrade the hardware. It’s really the only logical explanation. If it quacks like a duck maybe it’s a duck!

What kind of 3head take is this? Are you suggesting the queues were fake? Lmao

2 Likes

Sounds like many of you are huffing too many sharpies, then. Fake queues lol what next…

1 Like

then i suggest you do some research before spouting misinformation.

Again you can think whatever you want even if you have zero proof. That’s pretty typical of people on here.

Poor indie company… u.u

1 Like

They transferred. Idiot.

1 Like

Explain why 20k players on benediction, faerlina, and grobbulus just suddenly stopped logging in last thursday at 9pm pacific time… There are population queries being run 24/7 on the new servers. They grew by a couple thousand, not 60k. The same bots are in all the same places. So not enough transferred, the bots are all still there, and 60k people are not going to universally change their behavior all together. But we are the ones that are nuts?

Pretty sure the actual bottleneck is read write on the database. Because it’s an MMO, and not boomer book, they need to make certain there’s a single source of truth. No distributing transactions, and figuring it out later.

I have yet to see a single talking head, whether it’s a streamer, or literal whos on the forum, explain what specifically they could upgrade. Probably because they assume it’s as simple as them slapping some more disk space, ram, or upgrading the switch for faster network.

3 Likes

To where? Eranikus transfers were broken and the server has not increased in size for days now. Sulfuras was locked long before queues stopped. OB has fewer total characters than benediction has logged in at one time. You think they took paid transfers to dead servers?