Nightborne: Still in Need of Improvement

Could not agree more!

1 Like

Still dont understand why they didn’t just the npc version with some customization options. Its worgen all over again, and it took longer than I would have thought for them to get some love.

Hopefully, they do some tweaking.

Iirc they couldn’t use the npc models because they apparently had the clothing and accessories baked into the model, but it would have been be great for them to take all of this into account if they indeed had multiple expansions planned out.

I am really confused by that explanation. There wasn’t a model or draft they could go back to before the clothing was baked in? Maybe I just don’t understand, and I admit I am probably wrong here, but it seems like they just gave up and stretched the nightborne features on the night elf model. This seems rather lazy to me. If you are going to introduce the Nightborne as a playable race, then why wasn’t a workable model ready for players to use? I’d be embarrassed releasing the nightborne the way they did.

1 Like

Also, I wonder why they haven’t opted to use the player model for NPCs after they made it? Thalyssra, Occuleth, and Valtrois are all pretty prominent in the campaign yet their model has gone unchanged.

There are also a handful of Nightborne NPCs in Zul’dazar that still use the old model. Are they ashamed of their creation? :cry:

4 Likes

Honestly they would look 100x better if they just make the eyes less round.

5 Likes

The Nightborne island expedition team also uses the NPC models. They know that the playable model sucks :rofl:

6 Likes

That would be a start. Not a single time has Blizzard responded to the near constant stream of negative criticism over the Nightborne model.

If this were Final Fantasy XIV, we’d already have a response from the devs at least acknowledging the criticism and an indication as to whether or not changes could be implemented in the near future.

Meanwhile, radio silence over here. Years have passed. Nothing’s changed. Nothing probably will.

3 Likes

I have expressed several times I do not want them looking so thin. This goes from their body frame to even putting some chunk in their face.

I wouldn’t care if I got a facial option with no high cheek bones also. I know they want to make that a distinguishing feature, but not all of them need this trait. Take any other race for example.

I wanted to link another Nightborne fanart I love. Some might not agree, but I wish my Nightborne could be similar to this.

https://www.deviantart.com/namwhan-k/art/Nightborne-735126522
1 Like

Is there a lore reason as to why the playable Nb look so different from the regular npc Nb? They almost look like a different race.

1 Like

Nightborne need to be deleted and started from scratch. Totally hideous. The female models are okay, but need like 10 times the variety.

5 Likes

4 Likes

While I don’t trust Blizzard in fixing them, I guess they might save this for some add up in the future.

Patch X .1.5:
Nightborne and Night Elves model update!

is that, or anytime they are working with the NE/Nightborne models, they have their friends out waiting to party on a friday and want to finish it quick.

Yeah the nightborne feel like a rushed job. I think I can say we all would not mind waiting a little longer if it meant ours would look closer to the NPC’s. Maybe one day.

1 Like

It goes without saying that we will probably be waiting a long time for any improvements to be made on the Nightborne. It took them forever to implement changes for the Worgen and Goblin player models, and they were pretty minor.

Do you know what would go a long way? Acknowledgment. Either the developers don’t want to admit that they released something unfinished and sloppily thrown together, or they don’t think it’s a legitimate concern.

3 Likes

Why tho?

If Void Elves are getting more customization at a pretty fast pace. Why can’t the other Elves (Nightborne) get proper TLC? I don’t feel that would be fair. It’s like releasing only one Allied race for only one faction at a time. It wouldn’t make any sense.

Edit: I don’t even understand why Void Elves got that much attention compared to the Horde Allied one. I can only think of one reason and that is Alliance favoritism by the community. Stop being biased Blizzard.

2 Likes

In my view, the Nightborne simply require more work than any other Allied Race. You can add extra embellishments to a Lightforged Draenei or a Highmountain Tauren and I think the players of those races would feel that they were encapsulated sufficiently.

I’m not sure simply adding a few character customization options would help bring the Nightborne closer to how they should look. They look too much like Night Elves and not enough like the Nightborne we were presented with in Legion.

The customization options being made available to the Void Elves/Blood Elves is just Blizzard trying to quell the screeches from the Alliance players who wanted High Elves.

I don’t think they look like Night Elves at all. I probably wouldn’t have been that disappointed if they shared similarities with them or the NPC. They look like neither.

Now a different body frame is a lot to ask for. I am aware of this. I just think it would fix issues with other Allied Races. So killing two birds with one stone. Realistically they will be stubborn about this and not give players what they want.

Statics on Kul’Tirans prove this.

Same with the Nightborne not being as popular as Void Elves.

Really that simple.

If the mogs look bad on them. Why bother?

Not appealing enough? Why make a new character of that race? You will not. Lose- lose for all.
(Why do this? Why not incentivize people to go try out the new level squish and make new characters?)

Now instead of being told it’s not possible. Which we all know it is and I can’t see how making one extra body type to choose from would be groundbreaking compared to sliders. I am requesting at the very least to give them better facial options. Hence I showed an example of one I am fond of.

Still I see what you’re saying and how it might be too much to “fix.” I’m just saying it’s not fair to address one Elf and not another.

I’d be happy with a new casting animation. Hate the one they have now.

1 Like

Very much this, the Nightborne are very lacking. I have one but making another… not just yet. Mainly since both would probably look the same due the lack of options! Some more skin tones would help as well as hair colors. Also jewelry like most of the races are getting more earring and necklace options for both genders!

1 Like