Night Warrior Lore

I’m sorry, I’d type out a proper reply but I nearly died laughing.

8 Likes

hehe someone needs to actually look at the content nelves get comparied to the other alliance races (pro tip they are the 2nd most next to humans.)

He was empowered by 1, the other was busy raising the dead.
Which Tyrande and Malfurion failed to stop.

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I suppose we should be thankful for all that content where our city gets burned to the ground, our people burned with it and our remaining lands taken by the genocidal faction who killed us in the first place. How silly of me.

10 Likes

Yeah its called a story, imagine playing a game where nothing happens, how exciting.

Imagine playing a game where all that happens to you is you’re the punching bag for any threat that comes along. Also exciting.

13 Likes

Totally just nelves right, no other race got genocide or there cities burned, NOPE never happened before to anyone else in this game, that darn blizzard always picking on nelves.

NEs are the only race to be genocided directly by the players of a playable faction.

Shocking information I know. You might want to sit down.

19 Likes

Wow crazy, so we shouldnt every write stories about such things cause its current now instead of the past? wowie

Not a thing you said makes sense.
Try again.

7 Likes

You forgot to mention that, IIRC, Blizzard told us from the beginning the Alliance was going to have to choose between revenge or building a better world. This is going to have a !@%#$ resolution to it.

The problem is, unlike nearly all of the player races who were decimated because of the Legion or the Scourge, the fact that the Horde did it means that there will never be a payback story since the Horde players have suffered enough just being dragged into this fiasco in the first place. Unlike the Forsaken, Belves, orcs and Draenei, who saw their big bad destroyed and/or decimated, the Nelves are going to be frustrated until the end of time since the real people who play the Horde are either sickened by what they have been made to do or are sickened by the upcoming Warchief Baine. Either way, they have suffered enough.

EDIT: Like so many have said, this is the World of WARcraft. Don’t involve a genocide and the scorching of the earth against the second most favorite Alliance race if they aren’t going to be allowed to tear the offenders in half. Obliterating most of the Nelves (and probably taking everything they have from them by the end of the xpac) and then telling them that they are now holding hands with the, so far, unrepentant perpetrators isn’t really in the WARcraft spirit.

9 Likes

Would be nice if we actually had a choice.

2 Likes

Here are a few answers to these questions we have gotten:

Terran Gregory at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEHc8le_Qpk&t=58m8s :

It’s very much Sentinel and Warden inspired. Right? And Wardens are, as we know, the keepers of vengeance. And while they were crated very specifically they’re still, you know, at their core a Night Elf institution. The concept of wielding vengeance as a weapon. And I felt that actually factored into this. This was just my feeling in putting this story together. If they are capable of being empowered by vengeance, then that means they’re more powerful after they lost Teldrassil than they were during the fight of Teldrassil.

Terran Gregory and Steve Danuser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhpGvgXyi-U&t=38m40s :

And we thought, well, you know, that's a great moment. We have this transformation of Tyrande, that energy that she's calling upon, this dark side of Elune, how that infuses the other Night Elves in the warfront, hey, why not give that, as an option, to players. Allow them to tap into that power as well.
    Terran Gregory: Character customization, yes.
    Steve Danuser: Character customization.
    Terran Gregory: And a lot of people were interested online in how exactly the players came to have the black eyes.
    Steve Danuser: It is.
    Terran Gregory: The darkened eyes.
    Steve Danuser: Yes, the darkened eyes. And I think that speaks to the power of that ritual. This ancient ritual that Tyrande taps into - again, sorry, spoilers, but - Tyrande taps into that ritual, that calling upon- it's not even calling upon, she's demanding, she's like, "Give me this power. You turned your back on us, as those 'so-and-so's' took our home from us. Now you owe us. Give me this power." And that so infused her that it could change those Elves. So we wanted to give players that opportunity, to say, "You know what, I'm part of that, too. I stand with Tyrande," and show that off in their characters.
    Terran Gregory: And if you'll notice at the warfront, all the NPCs that are Night Elves actually have the darkened eyes. So there's definitely a sense that, in proximity, fighting on behalf of the darkened element of Elune under the darkened moon, that's what happens. And whether or not the player has customized themselves, that of course is player choice, but I think in the story sense that any Night Elf that's fighting on behalf of Elune in that confrontation their eyes would be darkening.

I made this following complaint on the Tides of Vengeance PTR Forums (and the Story Forums, too):

Blizzard’s solution?

They simply changed the scenario stage description to:

Stage 11: The Queen's Pawn
    Confront Nathanos
2 Likes

Stop complaining Amadis you didn’t fail in your goal now. You confronted Nathanos just fine.

5 Likes

Malfurion had more to do with that than Tyrande.

1 Like

Night Lorerior

I don’t think we really have any clear details on how much power Tyrande gained, and if there are any costs associated with it. So far we only have the darkshore stuff to go off, and imo she seemed…about as strong as i thought she was before :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

He was about to finish her before malfurion intervened

3 Likes

So if I’m reading all that correctly… and I might not be … their empowerment and strength comes from vengeance after experiencing a major loss (which would be the burning, murder, and invading of their homeland). So they would be stronger than a regular night elf, but only if they are fighting for the cause they are seeking vengeance for. Only night elves that believed the same way as Tyrande were changed. Am I right with that line of thinking?

You would think Maiev would change too since her whole thing since Warcraft 3 has been vengeance and justice. I am personally glad she didn’t because she is my favorite night elf, but still.

I do agree. She seemed slightly stronger… but not really anything noticeable in a huge sense that made the ritual worth it. Especially since it was suppose to be really risky and dangerous. It felt like she leveled from 114 to 115 :crazy_face:

1 Like

Night Warrior will have to be addressed at some point because a simple power boost is not something Tyrande needed. As I said before, Tyrande has been able to wipe entire armies on her own. If she got even more powerful well then cool but I’m waiting to get new lore on the whole mystery aspect of death and its conection to Elune by sending the fallen to the stars and all that jazz.

5 Likes

Perhaps the whole death portion is the reason why death knights can also be affected by the night warrior enhancement. Assuming of course the customization options for death knights were a lore decision and not a gameplay/fun perspective. Guess we will have to wait and see until more lore arrives on the subject matter.

2 Likes