Night Warrior Lore

How much stronger is a night warrior compared to a regular night elf? What exactly does the night warrior blessing actually enhance?

Were a lot of night elves changed and enhanced? Is a good portion of the night elf populace still normal? Are the night warriors essentially just a small elite group? Were only those within the vicinity changed?

I noticed death knights can have the night warrior customization. Does this cure the death knight curse? Will this change the mindset and thinking of a night elf death night changed by the power of the night warrior?

We don’t really know. It’s supposedly a power up but Tyrande couldn’t even beat Nathanos in a straight fight so it doesn’t seem to be that good.

7 Likes

Supposedly the Night Elves used it to conquer most of Kalimdor during the rise of their Empire.

Apparently 1 dead man with a bow and 1 winged vrykul ghost could found an empire 10,000 years ago.

21 Likes

Nathanos has to run and thats some how beating tyrande lol

2 Likes

Well I’m not so sure but so far we know this:
Elunes is channeling almost all her power on Tyrande to empower her so that has to make her way stronger than what she already is. To what extent we can’t know because Tyrande has been able to one shot whole armies since WC3 so so far she has not done something that wild.
We also know that the night warrior as some sort of power over the death by taking the fallen and sending them to the stars.
As far as how many night warriors we have it is unclear. The elves who witnessed Tyrande’s ascention show black eyes during the warfront but it is not the case for Shandris, Maiev or the NE player if they choose not to use the customization.

But then again nothing can penetrate that level of thickness Nathanos’ plot armor has.

5 Likes

Yeah he never should have been able to hold his own against her even with a Valkyr power up. Aang vs Azula is a good example of how to show someone as a threat in a fight they’re severely outmatched in. She would have been utterly wrecked but used pragmatic fighting and a cheap shot to get the better of him. I feel that would have fit Nathanos better and not made the Night Warrior look like a joke.

7 Likes

You’re also comparing WoW to the storytelling of an objectively better piece of fiction.
Let’s not be cruel about it.

10 Likes

Gotta compare it to something right? The Last Airbender has its flaws too. Like energybending being a deus ex machina of ridiculous proportions used solely to resolve the conflict without Aang having to betray his pacifist philosophy. It was quite a copout.

2 Likes

Lol your comparing a mmo to a tv show, tyrande had a buff that allowed her to dodge everything thats was the best they can do, they cant just make 20 cinamatics just to please your over sense of importantance.

It’s supposed to be an indomitable avatar of Elune’s wrath and it was kept at bay by a corpse with a bow? I’m sorry but that’s ridiculous and does no favours to the story expecting us to believe the above.

12 Likes

ITs not a tv, show, sorry we cant have a 30 min episode of them fighting And she wasnt kept at bay, she killed the valk

I’m not asking for a 30 minute episode. God I watched enough DBZ to never want that again.

This is why I believe they should have made the finale of that quest a cinematic.

6 Likes

You sure? We have almost a full tv episode’s worth of Saurfang and his feelings. They’ll put in the effort for something they actually care about. Night Elves ain’t one of them.

21 Likes

If it makes you feel better it was 1 dead man who was made better by draining of 1 vrykul and then empowered by 2 vrykul during the fight against Tyrande.

1 Like

Yeah you know blizzards buget ? Those things dont grow off trees you know, they take alot of money and most importantly time.

So maybe they should do more than just rehashing sadfang cutscenes?

14 Likes

/10 characters

8 Likes

Who cares?

We have killed hundreds of thousands of those things by now.

4 Likes

If you say so, yet they go throught to make sure the horde only beat the nelves through some bull instead of actually beating them, looks like another thread of nelf players crying about how blizzard doesnt love them, when they one of the most catered too race