Night elves did NOT get their revenge. This is unacceptable!

If you think about it from a story telling perspective, the night elves might have been due for a little bit of tragedy. Oh sure, they haven’t won every little scrap they’ve been in and their writing wasn’t always the best, but what was really the worst thing that happened to them between the Burning of Teldrassil and the Sundering ten thousand years ago?

“Oh no, we don’t live forever anymore~!” Gosh, can’t imagine what that must be like…

1 Like

Honestly, I get the comparison.

Nathanos was some random elite NPC in the Vanilla Plaguelands that the Alliance had a quest to kill and the Horde would use to ambush/lure in said Alliance. When he was suddenly talking to me in Legion as if I should know him, I had to look him up just to see if I had missed something.

It’s a little odd for a character like him to be going toe-to-toe with Malfurion and Tyrande at the same time. Especially during a moment that was supposed to be all “Hurrah Night Elves! Get some!”.

12 Likes

If I were drinking something i’d have to spit it out at reading that bold claim. The Night Elven players by far are the most used to losing, and losing, and losing some more. They are literally Blizzard’s punching bag and especially when they need the Horde to gain victories somewhere. They are always hilariously incompetent too, losing entire squadrons and more to singular Horde opponents, even when said squadrons are described as their elite.

9 Likes

Have you played the level 10+ Darkshore storyline?

3 Likes

I still suspect that she’s going to have the Heroic climax.

God, please no.

Someone has to have that arrow ready and resolution when Anduin splits open like an egg.

3 Likes

The Night Elf army is still alive, but the civilians? No… Those are very much dead. So if you see a Night Elf out in the world they’re almost certainly a soldier. So yes, you will see soldiers fighting, because those are all who remain save a few hundred maybe if we’re lucky a few thousand civilians.

Without an actual civilian population to cook, build things, farm, and do the leg work no civilization can survive. That is what the Horde did. They destroyed Kal’dorei civilization. What remains now are remnant population so broken and beaten as to edge on extinction. Ask yourself where is the justice? Where is the Revenge?

4 Likes

Pretty sure in the book it expanded upon it more, where suarfang mentioned that he doesnt stand a chance against Tyrande as she pointed her bow at him (also she used some sort of magic while threatening him that scared him to hell)

And yet those civilians manage to fill up one of the biggest cities in the world (stormwind) AND still have a flood of them outside the gates waiting to get in. Even blizzard mention that only 10% of the population died.

Where did Blizzard say that only 10% of them died? In the novella, the refugees coming through the portal were described as a burst of hundreds that quickly ceased. The novella also said they were now an endangered species. And Blizzard said that “not enough of them” survived.

2 Likes

Did you think that Stormwind has that much empty housing? Remember you’re not just talking about Night Elves but refugee Worgen as well.

5 Likes

It is the largest city, It can easily hold thousands without even trying. Orgimar held all of the forsaken without trying.

2 Likes

Where is that stated? Where are all of these empty houses and buildings coming from that aren’t already being used to help others. I seem to remember Stormwind being a city of refugees to a degree.

And you may be overestimating how comfortable the Forsaken are right now.

first of all, the forsaken are never comfortable. They believe everything wants to kill them. I mean, did you see any housing in UC? they lived in a sewer with actual neon green slime river.

second of all, it was never stated that there are only a few hundred or thousands civilians left. The only concrete number was given by blizzard in a tweet. Whether they stand by that number is another thing. Also, the blood elves suffered far more devastation than the NE did, and they are chugging along just fine (to the point where there 2, maybe 3 in the future, playable versions of them).

Stormwind has a population of 200,000, they can easily handle a few thousand or few hundred refugees without even blinking.

orgimar, on the other hand, has a population of 16,000, and managed to take almost that many more in forsaken refugees.

The description of the civilian refugees who escaped was a burst of hundreds that quickly stopped. Whether or not Blizz is playing up the tragedy of their situation by showing that there simply aren’t houses readily available to suddenly shove the newcomers into is another matter. The key information we have that is most crucial to this conversation are “a quick burst of hundreds that quickly ceased,” “endangered species,” “not enough” survived.

And somehow, I doubt that the Blood Elves had it worse than the Night Elves. First of all, the Blood Elf race isn’t composed of its army and a handful of surviving civilians. That is a crisis by itself, even without the numbers problem. Second, the Blood Elves live beside an Alliance rules by Anduin, while the Kaldorei are going to be going to be living next to the Horde again, if they are lucky. If not, then they will suffer the ultimate humiliation of being banished from their land, which is sacred to Elune, by the Horde. The same Horde which will go on playing at being heroes, and will have even Anduin singing it’s praises when this is all over. Lastly, the BEs at least got to know that Arthas was killed, and the Scourge all suffer a fate worse than death. This helped the Blood Elves to move on. Rather than satisfaction over the fates of their murderers, the Kaldorei are fated for endless frustration and bitterness and sense of humiliation.

3 Likes
  1. The BE suffered far more losses
  2. BE have barely played a part in wow since their introduction, compared to the NE who we are constantly following around while they save the world
  3. the BE, who are suppose to come from a magical background, dont have a single spellcaster worth mentioning and instead all of the magical powerhouses come from the alliance.
  4. the NE have more interesting and just more characters in general compared to the BE

That is not to mention that the entire horde nearly lost to CIVILIANS with a 8 to 1 advantage. THAT is humiliation. Or how the horde needs to be either saved by villians (Zul, Azshara) or exist by the grace and pity of the alliance. THAT is humiliation.

Im sorry, but you alliance have no idea what humiliation means. the NE have shown to be a nearly invincible powerhouse that can stand up to an entire faction basically by itself. They only lost because they had 4-5 different massive disadvantages, any one of which would have caused any other race to lose badly and fast compared to the “lost by the skin of their teeth” the NE pulled off.

6 Likes

I don’t take issue with most of your points save the first. Blizzard is really pointing to NEs as being the biggest victims among playable races at the moment. I suspect there losses are at least equal to the Blood Elves.

at the moment, sure. No argument there. Darkshore was half-#$% (not to mention leaving it in pertual limbo for gameplay reasons), tyrande should have killed nathanos (and then have him resurrected), there should be SOME explanation about Sira, etc.

1 Like

If you want more chatacters snd them to be powerful you will have to accept the horde more or less becoming the alliance on writing very passive and boring. Blizz cant write somone that has power and is agressive without making them evil or barely showing them.

1 Like