Night elves did not descended from trolls

Is not this a common knowledge that Night elves are not related and did not descended from trolls?

We were created by image of Elune.

Some other information below.

Little is known about the night elves’ precise origins, for their race was formed so long ago that no hard evidence has surfaced to prove or invalidate this theory. All that is known for certain is that a tribe of nocturnal humanoids came to live on the shores of the first Well of Eternity, and the Well’s cosmic energies changed them into the night elves we know today.

Certainly many trolls do believe that the humanoids who developed into the night elf race were trolls. The theory does have some credibility, for there is at least a superficial physical resemblance between trolls and night elves. Furthermore, the troll race dominated much of ancient Kalimdor–the only continent on Azeroth before the Great Sundering–long before the night elves came into power.

Nevertheless, many night elves find this theory preposterous and abhorrent. They are quick to point out that the first night elves began their rise to power by defeating a number of nearby troll tribes. As a consequence, the trolls came to fear and respect the might of their new rivals. The troll theory of night elf ancestry may have been a direct result of this early conflict. The trolls hated the night elves–a sentiment that persists to this day–and may have wished to marginalize the night elf race and its accomplishments. Also, attributing the night elf race with a troll heritage likely helped the trolls come to terms with their own shocking defeat.

Without additional data, there is little point in debating the merits of this controversial theory. No doubt it will remain a matter of contention for years to come.

Troll Compendium/Are Trolls Related to Night Elves?
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Troll_Compendium/Are_Trolls_Related_to_Night_Elves%3F

8 Likes

Yes, the Nelves hate the idea of undivine origin.
But while everyone thinks that the Nelves descended from the Trolls on the forums, we can say that the Nelves did not subject the Dark Trolls to genocide, since the Dark Trolls naturally (under the influence of the Source) were replaced by the Nelfs.
Maybe let’s talk about using the lore white spots to our advantage?
Um … I wrote that NE cannot be completely accused of genocide, right?

Yes they did.
https://i.imgur.com/QgngECg.jpg
Also Chronicles says so too.

74 Likes

I mean, if I was a Night Elf, I know I would prefer the theory of being made in the image of Elune too. Doesn’t make it true.

Edit: Ohhh, or better yet. Elune is a troll, and they were indeed, made in her image. But then they were warped by the powers of the Well.

37 Likes

It’s been a long established fact that they did though. It is ancient history even by elf standards, both cultures are likely to spin it in their own way. But their origins are pretty much set in stone.

That article was probably written long ago before the Chronicle books came out and really spelled out the actual lore. But night elves did in fact evolve from dark trolls. :slight_smile:

For all we know Elune is a murloc. Her taking a night elf shape could easily be an illusion.

46 Likes

But aren’t the murlocs the druids’ worst enemies? Or did I misread the text in the Naralex dungeon?

Are you the one Nelf from EU? The one ignoring everything that was shown to you contrary to this?

Yes Night Elves are descendants from Trolls.
It was a theory, or implied in the Troll compendium from the start. It implied Night Elves could have delusions about their ancestry.

It was clearly stated in chronicles again and in a comic that Night Elves are indeed descended from Trolls, Dark Trolls to be precise.
It’s not even a question. Chronicles 1 made it clear.

Edit: Yep seems like you are the same person. Are you ediditng the wiki or something? Lol.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401408743511818241/785438342497566750/Chron2.JPG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401408743511818241/785438351720579072/Chron1.JPG

23 Likes

Even if it was stated, does not mean that it is true?

And this nelf vs troll compedium came earliest and it is truth.

I just came here to post this

https://meme.ucoz.net/_nw/18/75643167.jpg

New headcanon

8 Likes

European NEPs gonna NEP

10 Likes

It pretty much does. More so if it was stated multiple times, meaning again yes it does.

The Troll compendium is non canon (sadly) since 2010. Why am I using sadly? Because we only know the history of most tribes from this source and now we have nothing else.
It implied the Night Elves simply don’t believe the Trolls, because they don’t want to. Understandably so. So no, it does not imply what you mean it does and newer lore overwrites old (non canon) things.

11 Likes

It is true. I’m assuming that article was written before Cataclysm, since it says it was deleted when WoW’s site was overhauled. Very outdated info that stuff is.

Being earliest doesn’t necessarily make it true now. Back in the old days lore had vast loose ends and vague things that hadn’t yet been developed. But now as the story has gone on and with the addition of the Chronicles, which are true canon, WoW has established a set and clear history.

Night elf origins are no longer a mystery, it’s been answered as fact now and there’s no reason to doubt it.

12 Likes

New lore trumps old lore in terms of “truth” or canon.

25 Likes

Night Elves were Dark Trolls, this is canon, and them being shaped in Elune’s image isn’t confirmed, as much as it would be nice to have a more celestial entity that doesn’t look like a wind chime. There seems to be an implied link between Elune and the Well of Eternity, and thus you could postulate that’s where the idea comes from.

The Dark Trolls changing is somewhat implied to be due to the fact that the Well is basically Titan blood, and thus caused the native race nearest to it to slowly resemble them and their creations more closely (i.e, humans). This can also be inferred by the Quel’dorei, who were much more reliant and tied to their own Sunwell, becoming even more closely aligned with humans, dwarves, and gnomes in terms of looks. The Shal’dorei, while similar, may have escaped this due to their Nightwell being made via a Titan relic, rather than Titan blood itself.

That said I’m assuming this is a troll because it seems too easily crafted to bait the people that enjoy complaining about ‘crazy nelf posters’.

15 Likes

Don’t know what more of a tell

• the denial of evolutionary theory, or
  • the juxtaposition of Trolls and Apes

:face_with_monocle::thinking::face_with_monocle::thinking::face_with_monocle::thinking:

29 Likes

im actually using HUMAN BRAINS. And it’s more then obvious…

Well this thread I guess is pointless, considering the poster is unable to accept lore facts as have now.

5 Likes

Ah yes you are the same person. Uff that’s ruff. Because that’s a fact too. Humans are apes.

13 Likes

Just report as inappropriate or trolling and move on I guess

7 Likes

i stated facts. I just let you know, that night elves did not descended from trolls.

1 Like