Night Elves and Forsaken don't need new cities

That’s a problem with the Horde, which simultaneously refuses to accept any non-Horde presence anywhere near their borders but at the same time is constantly trying to expand, so their borders will constantly and inevitably rub up against others.

If the Horde has really changed then they’re going to need to learn to co-exist, instead of being slaves to their own sense of paranoia.

1 Like

You can suggest characters. Yes, they will be “happy” with the characters. Archilich Jaina?
So. Jaina, Anduin … Which human characters are still loyal to the Alliance and not neutral? Matthias Shaw?

Huuuh? The horde could gain lands by not taking from the alliance, if equality of numbers of land the goal to archieve, then azeroth have planty of empty lands to take…the horde don´tneed in such a case to take from the alliance.

…thats not an defending of the alliance…like you do for the most part for the horde, so…you miss totaly the mark.

Well, if we had gotten an Alliance-only version of Dalaran I’d have spent all my time there.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to be though, is the thing. The only reason it’s lost is because post-WotLK it basically stopped being brought up, something that can resume at any time.

Heck, Exploring Azeroth Eastern Kingdoms actually helped revive things in that regard, with its expansion on human identity such as

• The memorial in the Ruins of Lordaeron was constructed by the Alliance
  • Terenas’ crown was recovered by Lordaeron refugees and brought to Stormwind
  • The bells of the Cathedral of Light are twinned with the bells in Capital City, and when they ring it is with melancholy because it reminds everyone of Lordaeron’s fall
  • Shaw reminisces on pre-Third War Tirisfal and how he hopes that he’ll someday be able to see it restored to what it once was

It sucks that all of this is in a book rather than in-game when even on the story forums people can’t even be bothered to read a wiki when it comes to human lore basics, but its there.

4 Likes

Lordaeron is not alliance land. Accept that and move on.

I’m from an RP server. They do this because Stormwind is easily accessible to characters of all races and levels. This is a byproduct of Stormwind’s gameplay centrality, not because Stormwind is popular.

And have YOU ever actually spent a lot of time looking at human RP? You’re from Moon Guard so I assume you have, in which case you’d know that there are legions of Lordaeron-centric human RP guilds and that the ruins of Gilneas remain one of the most popular RP hangouts in the game.

There is absolutely demand for RP hangouts in the Northern Eastern Kingdoms. Heck, sometimes on RP servers Alliance players will straight up go to the ruins of Lordaeron to RP and just kill any guards that spawn.

That you suggested Gilneas in particular is a ghost town that no RPers go to is mind-boggling. Gilneas is such a popular RP spot that people need to reserve space there for their RP events.

2 Likes

Not when the Alliance owns more land than the Horde does.

I could point to a myriad night elf threads. You defend them like it’s your job.
I could prove it right now by talking about how night elves tried to kill orcs without warning them and laughed about it because they’re a racist race that kills any race they don’t personally approve of entering their forests.
They killed orcs.
They killed humans.
And you won’t be able to help yourself to stop from defending them.

Well, it certainly is nice, although reading that, it seems more that all of this was written more as a reference for that which was lost, rather than as a hope for something for the future. Almost as if Lordaeron has been written off as unrecoverable.

That said if Blizzard opts for a storyline in the future where we see Lordaeron refugees from Stormwind deciding to reclaim or establish a New Lordaeron, it does add a rather nice foundation for it.

Realistically removing threats doesn’t even mean by war, diplomacy can do the same and has in real world examples. No nation ever learns to ‘just co-exist’ because it represents a danger to national security to just expect the best of other nations forever.

Even during the dark days of Cataclysm when Lordaeron’s marginalization was reaching its maximum extent, you still saw it in books like Stormrage.

The Emerald Nightmare invaded Azeroth at large in that book (yes, it’s stupid that something so big happened and was confined entirely to a book but lol) and when it encroached on a given territory, its form would change to capitalize on the dominant fears of its victims.

So when it attacked Orgrimmar, it took the form of Demon Blood Crazed Orcs, capitalizing on Orcish fear and insecurity of their former domination under the Burning Legion.

When it attacked Sylvanas, it took the form of Arthas raising her over and over again.

And when it attacked Stormwind and its surrounding territories, it took the form of the Scourge. Goldshire guards had nightmares where people revealed themselves as Necromancer Cultists and began to raise the town. In Stormwind a vast undead army was conjured that rampaged through the streets and specifically took the form of people’s dead loved ones, raised as Scourge. Varian saw Tiffin for example.

So that is already, in my opinion, a really really strong foundation for what you’re talking about already. Most of Stormwind’s population personally lived through the Scourge, and the Emerald Nightmare tried to capitalize on that.

1 Like

Boralus during BFA was very easy to get to… It is one boatride away from Stormwind, yet no one RPs there. Dalaran is one Portal away from Stormwind. There really is no excuse. People RP in Stormwind because it is the cultural and political heart of humanity and the Alliance.

I RP several humans.

A Warrior from Arathi
A Warlock from Gilneas
A Cowboy from Redridge
My first RP character was a human Mercenary from Westfall
I run a Warcraft DnD game every week, with countless human NPCs of my own making. RPing with a Party that is entirely human and high elf (Was actually a little bummed that no one went Nelf or any Horde races).

I am pretty familiar with human lore and human RP, and I’ll tell you this…
Gilneas ruin one of the most popular hangouts in the game? How many silly things can you say in one forum thread?

If all of that is true, then you really have no excuse for being as wrong as you are. Your games must suck.

:fingerguns:

2 Likes

The funny thing about that is, I am not wrong.

2 Likes

Yes we know.

2 Likes

So far, the Horde has expected only the worst from the Alliance. As a result, the Horde’s interests changed regularly during the civil wars.

Imagine having a DM incapable of recognizing basic narrative continuity. Yikes.

1 Like

Or it could be that the fears of the populace were a combination of the Plague of Undeath scenario from the previous year/ two years before (can’t remember when the Wrath pre-event would be in-universe) and the fact that the Scourge had already claimed two other human kingdoms. That kind of threat doesn’t really require that they had personally dealt with it, only that they had at least some kind of contact with people who did.

Imagine being this petty.
bahahaha
jesus wept.

4 Likes