Night Elves and Forsaken don't need new cities

They left Gilneas because the forsaken left it a plagued mess. The forsaken lost the war against the gilneans/worgen incase you forgot

1 Like

Can we talk about how Ainhin used his alt to like all his post… Just looking at that Warbread summary is hilarious.

1 Like

The fact is… they left. Since there is no higher law, it’s all about occupation, or the lack of it.

1 Like

Warbread summary:

No post
Less than 30 like to some random poster
590 like to Ainhin post… Thats a insane amount of time liking his own post.

2 Likes

He’s a strange dude

1 Like

…will I regret asking what is this ‘Warbread’ you are speaking of?

It’s a dwarf that only likes Ainhins posts.

It breaks Forum CoC if he is liking his own posts.

1 Like

Its Ainhin alt which he use to like all of his post, or only 590 of his post.

Anduin said “Lordaeron is rightfully ours” and led an army into Tirisfal where he evicted the Forsaken by force and Calia was fine with it. She has nothing but good things to say about him and spent most of the 4th War hanging out with Jaina, who was a decisive factor in destroying the Forsaken’s hold on Lordaeron.

2 Likes

It was in retaliation for teldrasil, nice try. Want to go again?

He literally says “the time has come to take back what is rightfully ours” in the Battle for Lordaeron intro.

3 Likes

It’s not me, my warrior is a human.

Yeah sure. Its someone else that have no other activity on the forum outside of liking 590 of hour post…

1 Like

I guess I have a fan, but it aint me. I sincerely don’t care about post likes and would prefer that the post liking system was removed entirely because the number of likes a post gets is irrelevant to the validity of the argument it presents.

edit: In fact I can prove it’s not me. Check Warbraid’s feats of strength: He has the account-bound Warlock achievement and I don’t. I also completed my Legion All Class Campaigns achievement on February 16th of 2017, while he completed his on December 25th 2017.

These are account bound. If he was my alt we would have the same feats of strength acquired at the same time.

I’d rather dwell on more interesting topics.

Although it does remind me of the interview Roy Greenhilt’s father faced when entering the Seven Heavens, apparrantly one of the marks against him was editing his own wikipedia page.

1 Like

If I were going to like my own posts I’d at least toss one to this:

I thought this was a pretty funny joke tbh but alas, only crickets.

Are you sure you ever read any warcraft lore book about human lore? Because i guess u prob know alot of kaldorei lore but u have little than zero knowledge about human’s lore. First things first you are confusing a character with a nation. Yes Anduin was the Lion, but not the Lion of Stormwind, but the Lion of mankind.

And if you haven’t noticed his similarities with another very famous character in fantastic literature, I’ll explain it to you. Anduin was always a representation of Aragorn’s wandering phase when he went by the nickname Strider. In case you didn’t know he was the lord of the 7 kingdoms and heir to all mankind. But like Strider he preferred to live in isolationism and sought refuge in precisely the most isolated human nation of all: Stormwind.

This is to say that Anduin was not in Stormwind because it was the strongest kingdom of all, but because he wanted to live in isolation, and he found precisely a place where he was not constantly reminded of his duties to humanity. That’s all the character’s background from basically all of his youth.

So you’re confusing things. About Stormwind, it was never the most powerful human kingdom, the only anecdote about Stormwind’s pre first-war military prowess was that they won a war against gnolls. Furthermore they were saved by Medivh after Liane provoked the trolls of the Gurabashi empire and were nearly annihilated.

Other than that, throughout lore Stormwind has always been seen by other kingdoms as a bunch of redneck sheep herders.

Meanwhile Lordaeron was by far the richest and most militarily powerful kingdom of mankind. In case you didn’t know and although the chronicles don’t mention the names of the respective kingdoms, Andorhal and Stratholme were also human kingdoms, as in the past there were more than 7 kingdoms, all kingdoms north of Arathi were conquered by Lordaeron. That’s why Lordaeron had the most fertile lands, as well as having trade routes with basically every kingdom.

Furthermore they were the human diplomatic and spiritual capital,with numerous political quarrels between the kingdoms being resolved by the King of Lordaeron.

As for what you said about Stormwind being the symbol of humans, I would very much like you to point out to me a trait of Stormwind culture that is actually coming from Stormwind. I’ll save your time you won’t find any. Because they don’t exist. The most you could say would be the brotherhood of the horse created by Anduin but never mentioned again.

Now if you want to talk about the modern Alliance and current human representation, I might even agree with you that we should stick to Stormwind’s lore as representative of the human race. But the problem with this exercise is that first you would have to have a lore from this kingdom and secondly you would have to have a lore from this kingdom that was clearly not a bad copy of Lordaeron as the writers are unable to think of a better idea than Lordaeron for represent the humans of WOW.

So I think you don’t really understand the discontent of human players. What makes us deeply angry is the fact that for the past 20 years the human lore has always been a series of allusions to the realm of Lordaeron, which culminated in players creating a mythical image of that Kingdomas the ultimate representation of what humanity is all about.

Because of that, and because of the terrible work done by the writers, most human players who play this game have a hard time clinging to Stormwind when the lore of that kingdom is a very poor copy of another kingdom that had a lore fantastic.

This doesn’t mean wanting to recapture Lordaeron, but it does mean that Stormwind’s lore sucks and that basically if Blizzard doesn’t want to give us Lordaeron then at least stop making another kingdom impersonating Lordaeron.

2 Likes

Stormwind as it existed before the First War is pretty much a completely extinct culture. Stormwind’s population was so thoroughly decimated in the First War that the survivors only constituted a handful of ships, and of those who would survive the Second War, most chose to stay in Lordaeron as per Chronicles.

Post-Second War Stormwind was a personal project of the King of Lordaeron, built with Lordaeronian money and Lordaeronian labor in a Lordaeronian style with Lordaeronian institutions, both because of the Menethil’s historically close relationship with the Wrynns and because Terenas was smart enough to know that Lordaeron needed a presence in the south to keep eyes on the Dark Portal.

Stormwind resembles Lordaeron so much because it is effectively a Lordaeron colony, inhabited mostly by Lordaeronians who either moved there after the Second War or were refugees from the Third War. The only reason it stopped being a backwater is because it absorbed most of what remained of Lordaeron’s population following the Third War.

3 Likes

Lordaeron and the other human kingdoms were sorta like the “Old World” human nations, where humanity had been established far longer, the wilds had been more thoroughly tamed and being waylaid by “monsters” on the main throughways was rendered uncommon. Consequently only Stromgarde (with its ongoing sparring against the local trolls) retained the sort of deeply ingrained warrior traditions that kept its populace more roundly rugged and battle-ready, while Lordaeron and the others could rest relatively easily knowing that there weren’t trolls and the like roaming the countryside because the Amani were hemmed in and virtually every border was shared with another human kingdom, and if someday something came along, they could muster large armies from their huge populations spread throughout numerous urban centers.

(Which incidentally brings to mind the question of what would have happened, had Zul’jin continued uniting the forest tribes without the Horde coming along to expedite and complicate things. Even if he’d managed to muster enough for a serious war against their enemies, Lordaeron alone just had so many people that I have to wonder if the trolls would have ended up getting summarily crushed between the humans and elves anyway.)

Pre-Horde Stormwind was more like a younger frontier kingdom, where as recently as Lothar’s youth the threat of large gnoll uprisings and Gurubashi incursions could still occur inside their borders within marching distance of the capital and places like Grand Hamlet and Moonbrook were a veritable stone’s-throw away from the tangled overgrown wildernesses of Stranglethorn, the Swamp of Sorrows and the Black Morass, while Lakeshire was right next door to the blasted landscape of the Burning Steppes. It stood to reason that the Brotherhood of the Horse was a big thing there; the importance of a mobile fighting force would be especially great when those sorts of hazards were constantly lurking just outside Stormwind’s borders as well as hidden amidst the forests, mountains and foothills of its own territory.

In a way it makes sense that the other kingdoms were so slow to respond to Stormwind’s calls for aide and then dumbstruck by its fall. None of the mainland humans’ lands had really been existentially threatened by a foreign invader since the Troll Wars, and Kul Tiras hadn’t been since they defeated the Drust, so they probably figured the hearty and comparatively war-hardened Stormwindians could handle it.

3 Likes

Yes exactly that. And beyond that, the rebuilding of Stormwind was a way Terenas found to prevent Greymane and the King of Alterac from going ahead with their megalomaniac plans to annex and divide Stormwind between the two. Since these kings had agreed to do this as soon as possible including using troops that were being used in the second war. And basically they wanted to do this as a way to hurt Lordaeron’s supremacy and prepare for a future war against them.

What I find funny reading this forum is how the protagonism of humans in the Alliance always leads other players of other races to laugh at the disgrace of human lore. Since WOW humans are something of a military superpower in the lore everyone finds their losses trivial as they always show themselves to be powerful.

And that leads everyone to find all the forsaken genocide against humans banal on basically every map that they could do it, and they think humans have no right to just hate forsaken and want to wage war against them.

To say that humans have no right to see forsakens simply as the scourge is a common mistake in narratives where the observer uses the fourth window to demystify something because he is omniscient in history.

And even with the omniscience of the lore observer I find it a very big intellectual challenge to justify the actions of the forsakens in the last 5 expansions. From the standpoint of a human warcraft character forsakens are exactly identical to the scourge and I would very much like some forsaken fan to come here to prove me wrong without using the fourth window in their argument.

The problem with raising this issue is that players are generally not prepared to discuss the lore without intrinsic passions that cause them to be absurdly biased. I love the forsaken lore, but I know very well what kind of race I’m playing. And despite everything that has happened in the lore as far as the human lore is concerned, no race has been as virulent and cowardly against humans as the forsakens have been. Since the beginning of their lore they have always been the greatest enemies of humanity, any sane person can understand that at least the orcs were always a more distant threat, and that for the most part the orcs fought honorably against the humans. And that despite the point off the curve that was Garrosh, it doesn’t even compare to the way the forsakens undertook a massive campaign of human extermination over 12 years.

I understand your argument that Lordaeron is the old world of humans. And I think it would be so much better if the lore carried that meaning. The problem is that as you can see the WoW lore with regard to humans is an eternal return. We never leave that fateful moment when the son enters the throne room and murders the father, and the glorious realm is destroyed.

My issue with this lore isn’t about me wanting to win back Lordaeron, to me it’s pretty obvious why we’ll never win back Lordaeron and as much as forsaken fans think it’s because of them I totally disagree. Blizzard doesn’t care about forsaken lore at all, what it cares about is the representation of humans in the lore. They won’t give us Lordaeron because they just wouldn’t know what to do with Stormwind.

Just note that a realm that had its lore humiliated by 50 quests from Gilneas would never be able to be relevant if a titan like Lordaeron in human lore were to appear on the horizon. And I’m sure that despite these writers’ lack of objective talent, their egos would be very hurt if they had to use the fundamental lore of humans in order to save the human lore. Even because they keep insisting on their delusion of doing something new that is always a tiresome repetition of the lore already made, just look at this blond boy playing Arthas these days.

Naturally no player would care about Stormwind lore or this Wrynn dynasty if there was an heir to the Menethil dynasty and basically it’s much easier for you to convey the human lore without putting that elephant in the room.

3 Likes