Night Elf Vengeance Granted- Mama Menethil *Spoiler*

Lol, this is my main. I have not been able to play it for awhile. Every time I log on it reminds me of that quest where I failed to save all those people in Darnassus and had to watch them burn.

I will reiterate, this is the best we are going to see in terms of vengeance. Now they are going to know what it feels like to have their race be subject to the whims of the writing team.

But this time, something good will come of it.

I don’t think Calia will be evil or continue to produce the blight. She is light forged, she is not twisted by angst or evil. It seems like its time for them to reestablish the kingdom and finally settle into undeath. I’m excited.

Does Sylvanas still have support within the Horde? Of course she does… So no that isn’t enough.

it has nothing to do with vengeance period. basically saying ‘forsaken players don’t get to be edgelords because Calia’ doesn’t change ‘night elf extinction’ going unpunished.

2 Likes

i’ll delete all my forsaken alts if that will happen and not somehow twist in a decent way (x-doubt)

have any of you guys ever been so angry that you just feel really calm? because 8.3 showed me that’s a thing.

1 Like

Nah. I not only cancelled, I’m freeing up the disk space on my computer. I have zero interest in being a punching bag for the devs, nor old god/void garbage. See you in three years, maybe!

This Calia leading the Forsaken stuff is nauseating.

2 Likes

On the contrary, look at the Forsaken and Horde reaction in general to the news. For the first time, they are now saying en masse that the writing is “terrible”. No one complained when a demigod and the embodiment of a god were unable to kill 1 undead archer. But this…the rightful ruler of the people of Lordaeron returning to the throne…this is too much for them.

You must never have played a night elf or an alliance character before.

I think the next expansion things will look up for us. Christie loves the Alliance and it shows. To think…the entire Forsaken governed by Jaina’s best friend/inlaw and her brother!

Hail the Lady of Light! Long Live the True Queen!

Depends on your point of view. In my case, I am pushing 60 in RL so she ain’t all that old.

Yea… Ummm What is this even…? They ruined the Night Elves and now they want to ruin the Undead too. Yay. Let us all be so happy for world of warcraft: Orcs and Humans. The only 2 races that matter.

Yay for oppressive monarchy! So beautiful.

BTW this writing makes no sense. You really think they would choose Calia over Sylvanas?

That is like trying to get Americans to side with King George over George Washington or getting the French to side with Louis over Napoleon or getting the Russians to side with Tsar Nicholas over Lenin. Ridiculous.

HA! I just realizes Derek IS the new Nathanos. That’s rich.

1 Like

No more like when the Communist party took over Russia and massacred hundreds of thousands, including the royal family, and then having princess Anastasia be raised from the dead to take over and rule peacefully without fear and mass murder.

I am pretty sure the Forsaken would be loyal to their true Queen because the reason Calia is undead to begin with is because Sylvanus discovered her true identity when undead and humans had a meeting arranged by Anduin. The false queen, as she should rightly be called, got jealous and felt threatened by Calia and had her murdered. Jokes on Sylvanus. Now the Lady of Light can rule eternally over a restored kingdom.

In this thread: Forsaken victim complex trying to one-up a people who have been on the receiving end of genocide

Why should someone be entitled to power just because they were born a privileged brat?

First of all, she is not Anduin. This lady has lived through the scourge, has witnessed her own brother go mad and turn against their father and the kingdom. She has literally died trying to reunite the Forsaken with their human families. If anyone is worthy of the title of queen, it is Queen Calia.

80% sounds like enough to kill Calia out of spite. Maybe hack her up or burn her or throw her into Nzoth’s mouth hole so the Naaru can’t bring her back again

So you never read the forums?

This place was lit with “Are you kidding me?” posts complaining about Nat & the Girls insane plot armor.

When I say no one, i mean the Horde saw nothing wrong. It was small majority of players. I created a megathread where the threads are gathered together:

I think this major change to the Forsaken will give a lot of people a wake up call. They sat back in silence as ridiculous stuff happened to the night elves, but now they cannot ignore Blizzard’s deviation from the established lore of WoW.

In this case, I am actually pleased with the changes, and excited for them. I have not played an undead since Cata, and this will be the first time I am inclined to try it again.

Its more or less my complexion with the staff animation.