Night Elf Player Hate

I base it on both sides… so clearly you haven’t been following my posts. Your bias is evident.

Why would they stab night elves already killed by the Horde? That wouldn’t trick them either, and it didn’t lol.

2 Likes

And again as I’ve pointed out, every player has his or her own individual game canon. Don’t bother looking for one overarcing “true” canon. it does not exist.

2 Likes

Yours is sweating left and right. Alliance arrives way after the Horde PC went on. Seems hard for you to grasp that maybe, just maybe, the forces left behind were the one to murder the civilians. Shocking, I know! Who would’ve thought that no name npcs could’ve done the job! So far, seems it’s you.

Every point in the universe sees itself as the center of the universe.

Canon in this game operates the same way.

Except what we see in both sides of the conflict. The option to kill civilians on one side, and the same civilians dead on the other.

Yeah, after the Horde PC killed civilians lol

It did trick them, as per A Good War:

Morka shrugged. “The night elves were dead before we got here. Our scouts say their bodies show signs of poison. Our infiltrators must have been . . . productive.”

Impressive. Saurfang would need to learn which rogues had done such a thorough job. “Sweep the town one more time for saboteurs, and then bring everything to the inn. Astranaar is the last command post we need to secure Ashenvale,” he said. Perhaps he would even get to sleep in a bed for a few minutes, instead of a wooden cart rolling over a bumpy path.

1 Like

Whatever. You always has been that poster blinded by its own headcanon. Should’ve listen to myself and not waste my time with you.

3 Likes

That is why Del specifically says they failed? kay

Nah. The novels probably take precedent over the in-game event, as the novels are still available online, and the event is not.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how the logic worked there. Perhaps having a crapton more bodies that appear to be poisoned would have kept Saurfang’s forces from doing a more thorough job of looking for saboteurs?

They failed because Sylvanas was able to save Saurfang after Saurfang realized it was a trap at the last second.

1 Like

The trap being… Malfurion showing up? Great plan… Why did they need civilian bodies again? Oh… no reason at all.

From Elegy:

The first test was the Horde scouts. Would they notice anything amiss? They look tired, Delaryn thought. Sure enough, after a cursory prowl around the perimeter of Astranaar’s lake (during which, of course, they found no hint of the elves concealed only a few hundred yards away), one of them—a blood elf—stuck the toe of his boot beneath a corpse and lifted it appraisingly.

“Rogue’s blade,” he said.

Here, too,” a troll replied. He sniffed at a second corpse. “Bloody.”

Delaryn tensed. Would the troll investigate further? Lift the cape to discover the gaping sword wound it hid? There would be nothing left then but to kill the scouts and abandon the area to the Horde.

“But I can catch da stink a poison,” the troll continued.

“Those who did not die fled, I would imagine,” said the blood elf. “Cowards.”

“Lotta us gotten killed by dose ‘cowards,’” the troll replied.

The other scout shrugged.

Delaryn, weary as she was, could have shouted in delight.

Hours ticked by. The Horde infantry arrived and set up a base camp on the highly defensible island—as Delaryn had intended.

Carts and caravans rumbled up. Delaryn’s muscles ached from remaining still, but they tensed as High Overlord Saurfang dismounted from one of the carts. He was smarter, and more careful, than most she had seen in this army. Would he notice what the others had not?

He did not. He simply inquired about a battle that had not taken place, and grunted his approval when a female orc suggested that the night elves had been slain by their rogues.

From A Good War:

“Does the Horde need a reminder that we are in a war ? Does the Horde need—”And then he stopped. His next heartbeats seemed to last an eternity. His fatigue‐addled mind had finally caught up with his hard‐earned survival instincts. That boy had not been sent to kill him.

He had been trying to lead Saurfang outside .

In his haste to lecture his guards, Saurfang had done exactly what that boy had wanted. You just killed yourself, you old fool. He turned and flung himself back into the inn. An instant later, the ground shook as Malfurion Stormrage landed where he had been standing.

Lok‐Narash! ” he yelled. To arms!

His advisors and tacticians were already forming a line in the common room, pulling him behind it and standing at the ready. Like many night elf buildings, this one had open walls on three sides, giving them a view of the chaos roiling outside. Siege crews scrambled away from Malfurion, only to fall from arrows and blades in their backs.

This wasn’t just Malfurion. This was the kaldorei’s last stand in Ashenvale, a decapitation strike on the commander of this battle. And Saurfang—they had drawn him in so easily. Astranaar was an island with limited access. Easily defensible. Impossible to escape.

And Saurfang had just taken shelter in a building with few walls. To fight an archdruid.

This is the end.

1 Like

So… right, no reason lol.

Like I said. Not satisfying. But it is what it is.

Except it doesn’t change anything… The civilians we see, dead in Astranaar on Alliance side at the same civilians we see alive on Horde side, standing exactly where their corpses lay…

2 Likes

And the Horde champion doesnt kill them. Horde NPCs do.

Lol, whatever you say… Your bias is evident. Lorash and the PC are the only ones in the position to do it… and the civilians are dead exactly where they stood when the PC is given the option. But sure… lie to yourself.

Lorash was dead in A Good War and never made it to Astranaar.

Like the child with Mia was a Gilnean in-game, but was a Night Elf in Elegy, there are some things in the in-game event that probably aren’t canon.

3 Likes

I would say the reverse. In-game is more canon than not.