Night Elf Player Hate

He only kills the targets the Horde PC marks…

Who followed behind the rogues ahead of them, after the killing took place. The whole point of the quest was to allow the Horde army to move in without resistance.

None of what you have said or shared has proven that.

Incorrect. You’re only seeing a slice of the bigger picture. Saurfang targets every Night Elf settlement, every watchpost in Ashenvale simultaneously. You only see the one attack you’re involved in. There actually is a lot more than just you.

Yeah… the one attack we see where civilians have been killed is also the one attack the Horde PC was in… Thanks for proving my point…

The first thing he says in the quest dialogue is that hundreds of rogues have been doing exactly this. Unless you think this one incident is the one and only opportunity he or any of the other hundreds if assassins have to kill a civilian in Astranaar and that after the Horde champion passes through, that nobody else could possibly kill a civilian- even though Delaryn acquires a dagger off one of the aforementioned assassins and uses to stab additional bodies in Astranaar…

3 Likes

Throughout Ashenvale…. NOT Astranaar…. I am talking about the Horde PC… Who, alongside Lorash, was the one involved with Astranaar specifically where, on Alliance side, murdered Civilians are found.

You keep trying to pull the attention away from Astranaar specifically, I will not let you.

1 Like

The PC job was to weaken the defenses. The murder of civilians came after, when the PC moves further ahead

1 Like

… While the Horde PC is with him. Who knows what he goes and does on his own time after the quest is over?

Anyway, why do you assume that the person who WAS THERE (i.e., the Horde PC) is wrong and you are right?

3 Likes

Because I was also the Horde PC

LOL!

But seriously, I didn’t do the pre-patch on this toon, so I have a question: does the Horde PC have the option of killing any or all of the civilian-flagged trainers, inkeepers, etc. shown in the post upthread with the screencaps? Because if not, that should be proof that the Horde PC wasn’t responsible for their deaths.

(If it is possible, then that still doesn’t mean the Horde PC canonically did kill them, but it takes away one argument against it.)

You get the option to kill just about everyone in Astranaar… Even the sick child sleeping in the house.

You can in fact kill them, however, Loras says it ain’t your primary objective, but if it’s your shill, he won’t complain

I know you can kill civilians. My question is, could you kill those specific civilians? Were they in the instance, and were they flagged as killable?

No it isn’t, once again, as per Elegy:

All who could walk were pressed into service. Even those generally regarded as civilians—tailors, food merchants, innkeepers—had learned over centuries how to fight well enough to defend themselves. Those few who could not—mothers with infant children, the wounded—had been portaled to Stormwind when the magi arrived.

Delaryn watched, feeling wretched, as those she had ostensibly been sent here to protect joined their Sentinel sisters in racing silently across the bridges, armed with bows and daggers.

The night elves selected the bodies with care, searching close to Astranaar for those who had fallen in battle. The corpses, oftentimes wearing the faces of friends, were examined to see if their wounds could be concealed by swords, capes, or other items of clothing.

Delaryn also ordered that the areas deeper in the forest be scoured as well, hoping to recover those who had been killed by the rogues who had sprung from the shadows . . . how many days ago? Delaryn had lost count. Too many, spent in fighting, snatching moments of sleep here and mouthfuls of food there, trying to stay a step ahead of the two most brilliant minds of the Horde and an army that outnumbered the night elves eight to one. More now, perhaps.

She turned to the heartbreaking task. For some reason, she had kept the blade of the Forsaken who had killed Anaris. She removed it from her belt, examining it to make sure the lethal toxin lingered. It was still there, though obscured now with the dried blood of the former Ashenvale commander. After striding to a Sentinel who had been slain by a ranger’s arrow, Delaryn knelt beside the fallen night elf, pulled the shaft loose . . . and plunged the poisoned blade into the wound.

Some of the others gasped softly behind her, and her own heart ached. Forgive me. You will, I pray, save more lives today.

As she withdrew the blade, she angled it so the black, tarlike smear of poison was visible on the wound’s mouth. Then she went to the next corpse. Eventually, the rest of the Sentinels imitated her. She loved them fiercely in that moment, for she understood exactly what it cost them . . . and what a gesture of trust they were displaying in her leadership.

And in-game Delaryn referred to this trap attempt from Elegy and A Good War:

Captain Delaryn Summermoon says: We tried to set a trap for the Horde. It failed. We could not stop them.
3 Likes

Again, we are talking about Astranaar specifically… not “near Astranaar” but the Village itself… which was specifically the Horde PC.

And as it has been told to you repeatedly, the murder of civilians is not the doing of the Horde PC.

Hence the first part of my citations, where civilians joined the fight. For all we know those civilians from Astranaar joined the fight and died near it and were brought back.

If Elegy and A Good War are canon than the Horde quest is not, because Lorash was dead before then.

2 Likes

Which you have no evidence for, and I have continuously proved incorrect.

2 Likes

The civilians we see dead in Astranaar were not armed, so that citation is still not relevant.

2 Likes

You have proven nothing to be incorrect. You base your point on your side of the event. Mine, which, y’know, is the one who participated on the attack of Astranaar, the quest objectie is to weaken the defenses. Killing civilians do not progress the quest further. As I said earlier, Lorash tells ya, if you kill a civilian, that this isn’t the objective of the mission at hand, which, it seems we need to repeat once again, is to weaken the defenses (i.e Sentinels guarding the place). Once the place weakened, you are, as the Horde PC, sent ahead to join the frontline, which, iirc, is where you meet the wisp wall. The murder of civilians isn’t at the hand of the PC.

2 Likes

Why would they leave the armed? That wouldn’t trick the Horde to letting their guard down.

And once again, the Horde’s quest probably isn’t even canon.