Night Elf Player Hate

The Horde champion does engage in unprovoked military action against the Night Elves just because they were ordered to. They also failed to stand up to Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde when she delivered the orders to burn down Teldrassil and they obeyed.

But the Horde champion is only ever ordered to fight Night Elf soldiers and is in fact specifically ordered by Saurfang to spare Darkshore’s civilians and ensure they can escape. The idea of course, being that they’re to occupy, not engage in genocide.

There’s plenty for the Horde champion to be guilty of and feel guilty about.

Bearing the personal onus of killing Darkshore’s civilians and setting light to Teldrassil aren’t them.

6 Likes

I… what?

… The player character was an active and willful participant in the War of Thorns, killing Civilians, attacking spirits of nature, and burning Teldrassil… that’s not a consideration of intent, that’s just something that actually happened lol.

This isn’t true. Yeah, Saurfang tells the PC not to kill civilians, but the PC still has the option to not do what Saurfang orders, and should they go that way, they are praised for it by Lorash. The PC actually have more opportunities to follow Sylvanas than they do Saurfang.

4 Likes

The “Not killing civilians” part was only there in one village in Darkshore. In Ashenvale you had the option to kill civilians as the PC and if you did so, you got praised by the blood elf rogue (Lorash?).

On the Alliance side every civilian was killed, therefore it’s canon that the horde PC and Saurfangs armies killed the civilians, regardless if the player chose not to do so.

2 Likes

This is actually questionable canon, because this is a case where Elegy and the in-game event are entirely different.

In Elegy Astranaar was not sacked by the rogues. Rather, the Night Elf defenders had actually carried corpses of their fallen to Astranaar and stabbed them with a dead Forsaken Rogue’s poisoned dagger to make it look like Astranaar had been sacked to lull the Horde into a false sense of security to spring a trap on the Horde where they couldn’t escape the town when the Night Elves attacked them because of the two rivers flowing around it and Malfurion almost killed Saurfang.

2 Likes

Just like I said. They are told not to kill civilians, only to fight soldiers.

Also, the PC has more options to follow Saurfang, as the default storyline assumes you and Saurfang get up to Darkshore, are both horrified by the events there, thus beginning Saurfang’s arc and you assisting him whenever possible.

So yeah, the problem here is that the Horde players doesn’t turn Sylvanas soon enough. Not that they personally engage in all manner of slaughtering civilians and Teldrassil burning.

2 Likes

That one village is the only village you come across with civilians while playing Horde-side. Also, Lorash is not a ranking officer who gives an order to kill civilians.

Um… I don’t normally do “fixed it for you” quotes, but, Akiyass, you yourself said that this is true.

2 Likes

Despite what’s happened, I’ve never felt the urge to quit on any of my Night Elf characters. Priest is on a holding pattern because I want to get her class mount thing done, but I’ll be getting back to my rogue and monk soon. and doing some more stuff on the demon hunter

1 Like

Amusingly, I actually created a new Night Elf Warrior alt during BfA because I didn’t feel I could play my Goblin Warrior any more until the level 120 boost let me skip all the Horde’s BfA content.

My new Night Elf Warrior was actually my second alt I leveled to 120 after my Night Elf Death Knight because I really wanted to collect the Darkshore Warfront plate armor set (which I do now have both complete sets of) for in case they ever finally give us Night Elf Paladins.

1 Like

If you did, I feel sorry for you. because there’s some awesome story content in there.

I boosted my Night Elf Mage to 120 using the Alteraac speedway and right now my Lightforged Draenei Warrior is riding that express lane.

That’s what Youtube is for. I did Vol’dun for the first time recently on my Goblin in preparation for unlocking the Vulpera, and like most of BfA’s content, it was fine, but it also meandered and was not particularly impactful. Wouldn’t be worth doing again.

I did that got my Worgen Druid, in preparation for the Worgen Heritage Armor quest. But I know how to casual queue PvP well enough on a Feral Druid. I wouldn’t want to flail around on any other classes for hours like that.

Right now the special Time-Warped Alteraac coupled with the WOW Anniversary Buff is THE fast leveling track. You can generally pick up a level or two on every battle. And alliance queues are blazingly fast.

Yep. As I said, that’s how I leveled my Worgen Druid. But that’s still three hours of hoping people don’t leave the tower flags undefended.

That generally only happens in a turtle game. That means it’s time to bust out Ivus.

Most games I played Elerethe Renferal would get sent out early. But that might have been back when the event first came out and people didn’t realize her quests didn’t give badges.

In the timewarped Alteraac Valley her quest for some reason does not become available until the player reaches 120.

Yes, but everyone’s mixed together and set to level 60, and most people going after the mount are probably max level.

Yes, but it operates differently by character level. I sent a level 20 to the AV
who was bumped to 60 in level wise (she did not get the mechanics for being level 60) and despite being on the winning team, She got only one third of a level where as my Lightforged who was 73 when she started got at least one level per game.

Yeah, seems leveling goes faster if your character is above level 60 for some reason.

It’s a catch up mechanic. Not intended to get people from 1 to max, but to get your alts that you haven’t played much since Legion hovering in the 100-110’ish region up to max so you can re-familiarize yourself with them in preparation for 8.3 through 9.0.

1 Like