Night Elf Player Hate

The Terror of Darkshore cinematic nearly brought me to tears, because it finally seemed like Blizzard was telling the story Night Elf fans (arguably Alliance players as a whole) have wanted for years.

But it turned out to be underwhelming, with little to no payoff at all. The burning of Teldrassil was the massive hole in the bottom of Blizzard’s sinking boat of a night elf player base… They thought Terror of Darkshore was Blizzard’s flextape solution, and wasn’t something that ever intended to be story relevant.

6 Likes

Yup, knowing that this was all we were going to get was very saddening.

No revenge, no justice, no conclusion, no recovery from this misery, no punishments for those that commited genocide and most likely no freedom for those souls in the maw.

5 Likes

Sadly I don’t entirely disagree with you. And I make no assurances that they won’t fumble it again in Ardenweald. But at least they aren’t sweeping it under the rug and hopefully we do get some sort of conclusion in Ardenweald.

1 Like

As much as Blizzard like to destroy thing people love/try to evoke negative emotion, there also not stupid enough to do so for very long. I would say nearly the entirety of Legion and a good chunk of WoD was an attempt to address the critcism of Horde favoratism back in MoP/Cata.

All I said was some people enjoyed what I posted. Nothing more nothing less and part of that is clearly because night elven fan are getting annoying.

Oh I have heard all the naysayers over the years say “we will never get Ashbringer, never have demon hunter, never have classic, never have real money trade etc” and thus far I have manage to laugh as each and every one of them got egg on their faces.

Tyrande killed a bunch of Horde and retook her land. Now we are all chasing Sylvanas down like a dog. She certain got a revenge if not the one you are looking for.

As for the maw thing, EVERYONE is getting that treatment. It is not something exclusive to the night elves. And us being heroes and all it is all but guarantee we all free them we all said and done.

Personally, I spent years waiting for the story to turn back to the Lich King. I played Warcraft 3 with the end of having no resolution to all the destruction of he caused. If anything that was what made it all the more compelling when he finally got his just desserts

who? I haven’t seen them lol

This entire thing was on a total different thread.

Those things are different, they don’t affect Night Elves. Night Elves can’t have good things and you should know that if you have been playing for a long time.

She killed a few no name horde soldiers and didn’t even get her lands back because Ashenvale is the actual Night Elf zone, not Darkshore and she didn’t reclaim Ashenvale.

The thing is that there’s something that stands in the way of freeing those souls and it’s that it would be positive for the night elves to have their people freed. Then again maybe they can work around it so that only Saurfang etc. get freed because he is the perfect noble hero and not a mass murderer.

1 Like

That doesn’t answer the question.

They were stupid enough to have calls for updates to Ashenvale to shown Alliance victories be met instead with an in-game event showing the Horde successfully march through it.

And Sentinel Hill is still on fire. And people loved Westfall and Old Blanchy. So I find your trust in Blizzard misplaced. Not out of malice on Blizzard’s part, just on their chasing after whatever new shiny idea they have next.

Zedre noted five people like his post. I noted thirteen people liked my post he was responding to. Zedre just wanted to play a popularity contest. He’s not technically wrong that people have liked his posts. He has 2.4k likes currently over all. But then I have 9.5k likes. Even taking into account that I have more than double his post count, it’s rather silly that he’s bringing likes into an argument. That’s exactly why Blizzard removed dislikes in the first place.

6 Likes

You do realize all of us benefit if we finally figure out what the hell is going on in the Maw? As for Saurfang himself, well, if Kael’thas does not belong there, neither does he.

We actually dont know that. Certainly I doubt Anduin was gonna write a treaty that did not include getting back Ashenvale.

Malfurion returning and saving the world from the Emerald Nightmare, Illidan becoming a jailer of Sargeras, Maiev suceeding in her hunt for Illidan or even how the war in Pandaria ended with retaking back Ashanvale doesnt count?

If the game we are playing is popularity contest, I have 3.6K likes… So even I have him beat, which is pretty sad because I’m infamously hatable here lol.

1 Like

Maybe they had plans to give the zone to the horde all along :woman_shrugging:

Still doesn’t change the fact that freeing night elf souls from the maw goes directly against the current writing philosophy.

In the most recent lore regarding Ashenvale, the horde had full control over these lands. As long as we don’t see the night elves reclaim it, I’m not going to give blizz credit by assuming that they did.

then let me say they can’t have good things as long as the horde is involved in it and since the horde is involved in successfully sending all these night elves into the maw, they are most likely not going to let us undo it, just as an example. Same with punishing those that were most complicit in the genocide.

Last I check Sylvanas flunkies were all being rounded up and imprisonned. Saurfang is dead and Sylvanas is on the run.

In the most recent lore they also lost the war/forced to make an treaty with the Alliance.

If you mean make everyone suffer. Yes that is Blizzard’s philosophy, but there was always a reason. Blizzard is a hero factory, and heroes always need a villain to defeat.

Only those that didn’t pretend to change their mind and… I guess protested in Orgrimmar?

Still not a single hint that the night elves took back Ashenvale.

Mostly making night elves suffer and they can achieve that by keeping the souls in the maw or for example Sylvanas consuming the souls to become even stronger.

1 Like

And Night Elves don’t get to be either. Not even against their most ancient enemy, Azshara.

Illidan got to be both a Villian and Hero, but he is literally the antithesis to Night Elf culture. The only Night Elf Blizzard is willing to give any glory is the one least like the race.

4 Likes

Pause. This is going be a quick tangent about Hearthstone/PSA. Apperently you can get Tyrande and Sylvanas in Hearthstone(Tyrande for free and Sylvanas for 10 bucks). I doubt it was coincedence that they would suddenly add(or readd in Tyrande’s case)these two at the same time.

Must avoid giving more money to hearthstone.

Azshara is not dead yet and most likely we will a round 2 raid/if not outright expansion with her as the lead.

Y’know, you two would make a perfect couple if polar opposites attracted. One is a wide-eyed idealistic Pollyanna, the other a pessimistic and cynical Negative Nancy. Both extremists. Reality is probably somewhere in between.

2 Likes

Oh yay… Night Elves get to be an after thought. Because the ruins of Zin’Azsahra beneath the waves was in no way relevant to Tyrande and the Kaldorei. Best send Jaina instead… Because she needed that development… She had no other major spotlights in BfA, right?

Shipping folk irl is creepy and weird.

I was kidding. The main point was poking fun at the aforementioned hyper-idealism and hyper-cynicism.

1 Like

Oh and here I thought I was destined to suffer an eternity in the Maw with Lena.