Night Elf Player Hate

Headdesk No True Scotsman won’t work on me.

I mean, I’m posting here, on the forums, expressing my disapproval of that particular part of BfA’s story. That’s hardly complacent.

It’s possible for people to like some aspects of a thing but dislike others. Just like Walt Whitman, WoW is large, and contains multitudes. Don’t assume I’m not a real Night Elf fan because I don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I believe it’s possible to enact change through staying put, digging my heels in and kicking up a fuss. It’s clear we disagree on that, so there’s nothing more to be said. Have a good one, and I hope Blizzard does change their ways enough for you to come back to WoW, because seeing people loose the love they have for something is sad.

1 Like

You know what. I hope they do too. Foolishly enough. And there’s plenty I still like about WoW. But the Night Elf Narrative is the top of the list and over shadows everything else. For me at least.

1 Like

honestly at this point it’s just something to accept that the night elves will never get something positive. If you want to play the game despite the face then sure, but don’t expect anything positive for Night Elves ever because that’s hasn’t happened and it will never happen. It doesn’t look like the current writing team will be replaced anytime soon either.

But Elesana! Tyrande killed a single Val’kyr after being empowered by the wrathful side of Elune! The Kaldorei have beem avenged! How are you not over the moon? To expect anything more would be to ask for the poor down trodden Horde players to suffer more after they lost their Queen to stan!

/sarcasm

Actually killing 1 Val’kyr was too much, so they said that Sylvanas can recreate them at blizzcon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh well that’s good. The Horde might have actually lost something otherwise.

3 Likes

Nevertheless, player expectations happened, as is evidenced by this board.

1 Like

And yet it’s still where there are more Dwarf and Gnome NPCs than Human NPCs, just as the Park should have been again for Night Elves and Lion’s Rest wasted the chance for.

I am arguing that the entirety of Lion’s Rest should never have been lion themed, and should have been exactly the Park of Stormwind style buildings decorated with Blizzard’s newer upgraded Night Elf aesthetics they had simultaneously made for Val’sharah, especially given they knew they going to be pumping Stormwind full of Night Elf refugees in the next expansion, what with them planning expansions ahead of time. It was a poorly thought out choice in multiple ways more than just aesthetics.

I do not assume that. I eagerly await much more Night Elf content. Or we could also see move away from Night Elf content if people feel fatigued out of Night Elf content, as we saw with Orcs and Draenei (especially quick erasure of Draenei, given they only had one patch). They definitely could make the new Night Elf capital the Alliance hub that all Alliance players are intended to stay in a whole expansion. But that would just drive the Night Elf fatigue players even more insane. And they can just as easily make Night Elf involvement be a zone or storyline and still have the capital be something else that is more fitting to he over all theme of the expansion.

I didn’t know you were a mind reader, either, lest you forget who was making assumptions about what those likes meant first.

You just quoted my describing exactly that. Though to clarify I was mocking your using Lion’s Rest as an example of Blizzard properly rebuilding things.

1 Like

Why is this stupid thread even still around?

1 Like

Threads usually last longer when they’re controversial. And this original thread itself is a huge steaming pile of :poop: to begin with.

I’ve been using it as a place to try to quarantine Night Elf player hate and Ëlësåna and Syaeles so they have an outlet and don’t keep making more threads on the same subject. It’s mostly worked, except the time the quarentine broke with Syaeles’ “Nelf Fans, don’t pre-order” thread.

2 Likes

Look the only reason I’m not making any more night elf threads currently is because it’s simply not going to do anything because the current writers don’t want the night elves to have something positive. I might do some more in the future and hope that Blizzard reads them just as I do some reddit posts occasionally but it’s probably just a huge waste of time. It should be accepted that the writers don’t want anyone to like the race anymore, and that’s why they punish Night elf fans like this.
It’s not like I’m just getting distracted by this thread, but if I wanted to make more NE Threads it would probably be relatively high effort ones which I simply don’t have the energy anymore after they ignored everything previously because they simply don’t want to give something for Night Elf fans to rejoice.

They should’ve seen atleast one of my Night Elf threads with 150+ likes in GD or reddit posts with a few thousands of upvotes by now, but if they don’t care it’s just pointless to put more effort into making more.

Well I’m glad you’re not flooding the board with threads any more regardless of your reasons for not doing so.

See the post above this one, Zerde. It’s just you, but opposite.

2 Likes

I will still make a whole lot more when they kill off Tyrande, redeem Sylvanas and leave the Night Elf souls in the maw in Shadowlands.

4 Likes

While still giving them money.

3 Likes

If they do any of those things I’ll be right there with you.

But I don’t expect them to.

Y’all, if Elune were up in here she’d be like…

1 Like

I fully expect them to do all 3 at this point, whenever I already expected little, they just managed to even subvert my expectations.

When I expected nothing they gave us “Terror of Darkshore” and the canon win of the Darkshore Warfront.

Immediately after Teldrassil I was like “Well surely the night elves would strike back eventually and get out of this absolute misery they’re in now, right?” and then in 8.1 when nothing actually happened I was like “right?” and then they said that they got their revenge in 8.1 and I died inside.

Now I just always expect the worst so that I will be disappointed as little as possible when nothing but the worst actually happens to the night elves again.

2 Likes