Night Elf Player Hate

Man, being a Forsaken Death knight must suck.

That’s a gut punch. Alliance is one step closer to being human with slightly different shades of human!

1 Like

I mean it is the Worgen Curse not the Worgen Boon. The portrayal of them in WoW has made people forget it is a bad thing to have and seeking it out is misguided at best. What happened with Tess should have been how they were portrayed from the start instead of it looking like a superpower set with no drawbacks.

1 Like

If they at least could keep their messages straight

But Tess get the exact opposite of the lesson Calia got

Or I guess being Worgen is somehow worse than being undead and we should all consider taking ourselves to the back of the shed

1 Like

Is it really a curse though? I mean, in name sure, but from the GIlnean Worgen it seems to be more a blessing. Genn doesn’t show any downsides of it, nor did Ivan or Crowley.

Maybe there is something in the books I’ve missed because I haven’t read them, but if the only downside is you look like you glued a fursuit on then I’d take it.

If I remember right there’s supposed to be the constant threat of being consumed by the beast within they keep at bay with some kind of potion. You end up going feral like all the worgen we kill in duskwood.

Ah, yes, the horrible uncontrollable rage

Looks at Celestine and Fiona

“Our curse has become our greatest strength.”

3 Likes

You guys are preaching to the choir here. It’s nonsense that something that was portrayed as a curse with the drawback of losing your humanity has been watered down to a penalty free set of superpowers. I see the heritage campaign as them finally remembering what worgen were supposed to be.

1 Like

The downside seems to literally go rabid. like tess sees in the worgen heritage.
Rage takes control of you and you don’t think properly, so you can end up in traps over and over again.

That’s a pretty weaksauce downside, though. Someone doesn’t need to be a worgen to be blinded by rage.

3 Likes

Yeah but on that level you’re usually mentally ill to begin with. Uncontrollable rage isn’t the norm.

Not really. Anything sufficiently stressful or traumatic can do it.

shrugs Maybe. I wouldn’t know, randomly exploding at the slightest provocation is the norm for me.

3 Likes

Those Dark Worgen aren’t feral as much as simply pure evil. They can plan, extort, and process information on a conscious level.

Game design is a non-linear process that involves juggling dozens of independent, yet intertwined features, music, writing, art design, and lots of elements into a cohesive whole. More stuff honestly gets left on the cutting room floor than ever actually makes it into a game because ideas are easy to come up with, but actually executing them is a whole other thing.

It’s not like making a movie or writing a book.

1 Like

So, the race that it seems like most of the time they show up in the story is that the writers need a victim, aren’t victimized?
And a hypothetical:

So, suddenly the moon that is thought to be Elune was found to be a super special titan, and she chose one being on Azeroth to be her voice. And it was a goblin, and the night elves never reacted to any of that. How would you feel?

8 Likes

I always thought Lokholar the Ice Lord should have been the world boss the Alliance fights at Darkshore to be opposite of the Horde fighting Ivus the Forest Lord, and that because of that Primalist Thurloga should have been one of the Darkshore Warfront generals (if they had ever implimented more than just Maiev and Sira). Primalist Thurloga could have been there because she considered the Night Warrior ritual heresy against Mu’sha or something.

1 Like

Are those really the only two options you see? Victim or aggressor? That’s… well, it’s an interesting way to see the world. Seems like it’s the way Blizzard sees the world, but I don’t feel like a victim when I play Alliance. I feel like a survivor fighting an endless war against an enemy who can’t get itself together enough to work towards peace, because it’s founded on – well, on endless war.

After all, what does a society whose leader is called “Warchief” do if there’s no war?

But the “either you’re a victim or you’re the aggressor” dichotomy is reductive and simplistic.

I guess I don’t really see taking back lands and outposts and homes that were stolen from us as “being the aggressor,” I consider it just fighting back, to re-take what’s ours. Whatever it is, though, yes please, sign me up, I would love to get all of Darkshore and Ashenvale back for good.

2 Likes

Taking back their own land isn’t being assertive. What kind of shame is to be applied to people taking back what was stolen from them?

Would you feel shame if someone tried to kill you in your own home and take your stuff if you fought back and survived?

Seriously this idea that Kaldorei can’t have their moment because the Horde “”"“lost”""" already is so dense.

3 Likes

Nah it’s fine.

Horde can completely destroy the night elves as a race to a point where they’re almost extinct, destroy their lands, pillage their towns, send their fallen souls into the maw and not once feel any regret about it but when it comes to the night elves getting something, it’s unacceptable because then horde players would feel bad if they lose a small battle once, even if it’s just darkshore.

Did you see how many people complained when they said that the Night Elves got Darkshore back? So many salty horde players.

It’s just something to accept that the Night Elves have never and will never get anything with the current writing team.

7 Likes