Night Elf Player Hate

I am not aware of any non-Cenarion Horde presence in Hyjal. The Horde left after Warcraft III, and we didn’t see any Horde settlements there when we went back during Cataclysm.

Luckily I’m so pessimistic that almost anything is better when I’m expecting less than nothing.

Well wasn’t there quite a bit of horde back in cata? Atleast the horde player character could go there so that means it would be open to the horde, this however would be problematic then if the night elves station their civilians there.

Not really Horde NPCs that weren’t aligned with the Guardians of Hyjal or otherwise Cenarion.

The Horde players were there to help stop Ragnaros’ army. They also go there to help stabilize the Well of Eternity there in the Heart of Azeroth questchain. But I’m pretty sure the Hyjal Warden NPCs would smack down anyone causing trouble there, and the Horde players didn’t bring any Horde NPCs with them, let alone an army, so wouldn’t really be a threat.

You say that and then you continue with this:

:man_facepalming:

Also no, having npcs of your race giving quest doesn’t count unless they play a big role in that storyline like the main characters driving the plot or facing an ancient enemy and as far I know the LK Arthas barely has interacted with your kin and Bolvar was the driving man in that zone

You losed those lands back in Cataclysm with the orcs of Garrosh taking half Ashenvale and only in a book that plot was resolved. Later you lose those again in BFA. Only Hyjal counts as a zone of nelfies and that is 70% at best because most of the wild gods not caring about them

Barely made a dent in the storyline and horde side we got Taurens that played a more significative role.

Lol

Only in Val’shara and that zone I totally forgot it because of how cringe it was. Also I play both sides and alliance side is a human fest with barely few differences and only a few expansion have different main characters that aren’t humans

In the US it is: https://realmpop.com/us.html

Says nightborne is 1.4 to zandalari’s 0.8?

2 Likes

Alliance players undo everything the Horde players did in Ashenvale.

Yeah, with the Horde getting kicked out again after the Night Elves fix Varian of his anger issues.

The Sunwalkers and the Night Elves play the exact same role. Both show up to save Stoneplow, and both are invited into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms after.

Indeed. Even just bumping it to Horde only races:

3 Likes

You sound like someone who only plays horde and asks where the alliance quests are.

And all of BFA with the exclusion of Teldrassil.

1 Like

Night Elves should remame themselves Blood Elves in honor of the fallen.

We got a new eye color like the Blood Elves and everything.

Wouldn’t Ash Elves be more appropriate? It would also distinguish them from the current Blood Elves.

2 Likes

I haven’t played through the Horde campaign in Ashenvale, and it’s been years since I completed the Alliance campaign, but…

I guess this feels hollow, because, even in Cata - the height of Blizzard’s obsession with phasing - the zone never updates to reflect any victories. Even after completing the quests, the orcs are still besieging all the kaldorei posts, with the exception of Astranaar.

Yes, the quest text told me I won, but the orcs are still lobbing flaming rocks at our towers!

7 Likes

OK … but why should the NEs get preferential treatment in this regards? No one got zone revamps to reflect the post Cata/MoP era content. Regardless of how feasible it would be with zoning, its a cold hard truth that all of the destruction during those years is still reflected in those zones. Hell, the friggen Horde questing experience has us working for 4 Warchiefs and 1 Council simultaneously if so choose when 8.3 rolls around.

How’s that for being unreflective of current events lol?!

3 Likes

Time to become Dunmer

Relax. I just said that, “Yes, we may have won Ashenvale, but it doesn’t really feel like that because there are still orc destroyers in the forests.” I’m not saying it should happen, just that the “victory” felt empty.

In truth, an “Old World Re-Remake” was one of the top items on my wishlist for new expansion content before it was announced. Sadly, we didn’t get it.

8 Likes

Oh, I am right on board with you there! The world has changed so much, and the Factions and Races are in such need of rebuilding and healing, that its about time we got a Old World Remake Expansion. Vanilla showed us that people love the small stories and exploration style of that sort of game; perhaps there really is a market for something low-key … in between the Big Bad Ends.

7 Likes

Hell, the loading screens still have Thrall, Cairne (or Baine?), Vol’jin, Varian, and Sylvanas. They can’t even bother to draw some new pictures, let alone redesign 50 zones lol

5 Likes

Nope, the book doesn’t even mention that

Yeah just what I said previously, the book resolved that with the alliance, dunno why are you even repeating what I said previously. Also all of that was worthless anyway since Sylvanas and Saurfang did a quickly job

Yep which is why I would only count, Val’shara, Azsuna and Hyjal as pure zone of nelfies story, the others are shared protagonism with other races. I prefer that kind of develop over the shoehorn of bfa with helping races we don’t want to deal with(ugly forsakens in the port of my beautiful city and the whole Val’shara was cringe)

> (https://i.imgur.com/IZdGikX.jpg)

[/quote]

Lying with using the 0-120 scalein the realm pop? Dude that’s low

https://i.imgur.com/DgAfJYV.png

https://i.imgur.com/4tvcP1W.png

Max level scale

See above

And you don’t even look in videos the horde storyline.

They should just take a clue from ESO and do at least Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms over the course of an expansion. Release a few revamped zones at a time, after the initial burst of them. While they’re doing that, build up the next big bad drifting up from the floorboards for the following expansion. Make whatever it is slow, subtle, and mysterious.

Though … i know I’ll get some flack for this, but … I would give the Horde the territories south of Ashenvale. Desolace has more lore and history with the Tauren than it does the NEs. Outside of the Shen’dralar and Feathermoon Stronghold, Faralas has shockingly little NE lore embedded into it. Hell, the current Feathermoon Stronghold isn’t even older than Cata; the original was destroyed during the Cataclysm. There are also longstanding Tauren settlements in that region.

2 Likes

This! Yes! I’ve wanted this forever. Like… If every month or so they re-did a zone or two, moved some NPCs and quests. It’d be perfect. I think most Night Elf fans would happily trade Ashenvale (or at least the Western 3/4s of it) for Desolace lol

However, I’d personally keep Feralas a neutral zone, because Feathermoon Stronghold is kinda important. Just turn down the tension between the Tauren and the Night Elves. Ramp up any one of the two dozen threats (probably ogre or nightmare dragon), and just have the two forces work togetherish to fend it off.

2 Likes