Night Elf Player Hate

It’s not about the characters being likable, it’s about if the writers like them. Nathanos? Everyone hates him but writers love him so he gets to live despite his actions and the perfect moment to die in 8.1. Night Elves? Screw it, just kill ALL of them even though they are a fan favorite. Sylvanas is basically the same as Nathanos just with even more plot armor.

1 Like

Tell that to Horde players that wanted to kill Jaina.

1 Like

They can want to kill jaina all they want, blizzard never seemed to have plans to kill her it has nothing to do with her being likable, it has to do with the story blizzard wants to tell.

And if Blizzard wants the story to be that we don’t kill Bwonsamdi they won’t, and then you can wait to kill Bwonsamdi all you want, too.

3 Likes

Like I said, either we kill him or he joins us, stop being upset

Or he doesn’t join us and still lives.

2 Likes

Unlikely we are gonna be fixing shadowlands, he wont live if he is in the way lol and blizzard said it was gonna be one or the other.

Honestly all of the Loa are absolute gems. Though Bwomsamdi can grate the nerves in an invasion. Kragwa is a favorite.

“You are a friend to the frogs. I will… not eat you”

Is probably my favorite line of dialogue written in WoW thus far.

9 Likes

I feel like I shouldn’t have to point out that killing off named, popular NPC’s that are heavily involved in the story is vastly different than killing off unnamed NPC’s that can be replaced simply by Blizzard snapping their fingers.

Next expansion Blizzard could say that 99% of the unnamed Horde NPC’s die from the Alliance and I wouldn’t care in the slightest. Why? Because Blizzard plays fast and loose with population numbers.

There will always be enough nameless NPC’s in the world. The same is not true for characters with built up backgrounds.

10 Likes

I am sure if we fight him we’ll probably beat him and he’ll be all like these murder hobos are the guys who are gonna win, so he helps us instead of helping the jailer and sylvanas.

No they didn’t. Go watch the announcement again. They didn’t say anything as black and white as you’re presenting.

1 Like

you need to watch again, he says we are gonna see which side he is on, lol if we dont kill him then, then he’ll be a raid boss, if he is on the jailers side, Or he decides to help us to save his own hide, this your first wow game?

I would like to point out that Blizzard is going out of its way to heavily involve the “unnamed” NPCs from Teldrassil into Shadowlands’ story, which is the opposite of snapping their fingers to replace them.

2 Likes

I would argue that the act of including them in the Shadowlands for us to try and save is “snapping their fingers”. They can be brought back just as easily as they were taken away and no one will know the difference between Night Elf Victim #37 that gets saved vs Night Elf Victim #758 that doesn’t.

We arent bring them back to life, we are taking them to the rightful afterlife rather than the maw

1 Like

Well the difference with UC and presumably Teldrassil is all those NPCs had names. And unique little scripts and routines.

If Blizz had just said a bunch of Undead or Nelves died I don’t think anyone would’ve cared. What gets my goat is deleting either faction’s more unique original city for ultimately no reason. No offense to TB or IF but their vibe isn’t that different from Org/SW.

SM and Exodar don’t count until Blizz removes them from Outland. I know they’re not technically there but c’mon I get briefly put into Local Defense Twisting Nether everytime I port to SM the jig is up.

5 Likes

He was already a raid boss. And we didn’t kill him.

Guess I missed the part where he joined the Alliance.

You should take a break to cool off if you’re depending on mockery as if that strengths your posts.

5 Likes

He wasnt a raid boss, rasta was, and shadowlands isnt a faction xpac, who said he was gonna join the alliance lol

That’s fair. My point still stands that it’s far easier to replace minor NPC’s with next to zero depth vs major NPC’s that Blizzard has spent literal years developing. I would care far less about a thousand Timmy the Forsakens dying than I would about Cairne dying, for example.

Ah…debatable. People tend to get up in arms about losing anything.

Edit: I really hate the quoting format here >.<

Bwonsamdi shifts to the death realm, pulling the closest half of the party with him.

Once Bwonsamdi is taken to 50% he abandons Rastakhan and teleports all players in the death realm to the realm of the living to finish the fight with Rastakhan.

That was Alliance murder hobos showing who was going to win, and Bwonsamdi didn’t join them like you said he should.