Night Elf Player Hate

All we know is Draka is in Maldraxxus, don’t know for sure if she will be an actual questgiver or not, though it is likely. As far as Horde players complaining? well what do you expect when we are more or less forced to work under an alliance character who likely hates our guts when we have our own that can fill the role just as easily?

Neutral questing that is the same for both factions is good, but unless the character is an actual neutral (Khadgar/Illidan) Alliance should be under alliance characters and Horde under Horde when possible.

4 Likes

Problem is it was not Sylvanas who killed civilians all the way up to Teldrassil. It was not Sylvanas who planned the war and marched into night elf lands in the first place.

It was the Horde, and all of the horde besides Saurfang who cheered after Teldrassil was burned along with its civilians and fully supported Sylvanas after that. They are still not showing any remorse for what happened, so why would they even be willing to work with Tyrande to save night elf souls when they fully support everything Sylvanas did (to the night elves) ?

I expect complaints, and yet people will still do the quests any way.

(Besides Blizzcon) The only Horde “cheering” I recall was from forces in the Darkshore Warfront content, and they were defeated. There was no Horde cheering of Teldrassil in Patch 8.0, nor any after 8.1. And the Darkshore Warfont let them even further off the hook, because there wasn’t any original Horde leadership there besides Nathanos, as they raised Sira to lead the Horde there. There’s little practical chance of pinning Teldrassil on any of the remaining Horde leadership after Saurfang’s death and Sylvanas and Nathanos leaving the Horde, and even less chance of any of the remaining Horde leadership bringing it up to the Alliance.

They are showing remorse - though barely, and the only ones who really referenced Teldrassil are Thrall and Lor’themar. What they aren’t doing is acting on that remorse in any meaningful way for the Night Elves, which is the problem.

Because that’s the script they would have to follow, same as it was the script that they had to follow Sylvanas after Teldrassil even if they didn’t want to. Or same as they had to save Baine even if they were Sylvanas loyalists. Etc.

1 Like

somethimes i wonder why blizzard does this.
Why would horde player would want to help alliance characters or viceversa?
it is because blizzard wants u to hate the other faction and their characters and be forced to work under them to feel how it would feel having to team up versus a big bad?

Or it is because blizzard is too lazy to actually deliver a 50/50 experience?
probably the latter.

in any case, the result of being forced to help your enemies is… not ideal.
players should NEVER be forced to help people from the other faction, if i want to help horde characters i play horde, if i want to help alliance ones i play alliance.

if not, blizzard should dissolve both factions already right?
i mean if we are going to be best friends versus the cosmic threats then why the hell we have yet another faction war? : D

oh right IS The hEaRTh oF ThE FrAnChiSe

I mean, when the quests are required to get through the expansion and reach max level, yeah, they’ll do the quests.

Alliance players still b!tch about having to quest with Thrall nearly ten years ago, yet Horde players have far more recently had to assist characters that express disdain for them and will need to do so again. That the game is structured to require us to do these quests is not in any way some tacit acceptance of the situation, just the fact that you either hold your nose and do the quests or not reach max level without some outside-the-box shenanigans.

10 Likes

How I would like to see the Horde player’s experience with Tyrande in Ardenwealde go.

Upon meeting Tyrande: “You. I do not know what you are doing here, but it matters not. Depart these lands at once and do not return. These lands of the night elf dead are sacred and I will not see the Horde desecrate them.”
Player: “I am here to help.”
Tyrande:“Help? The last time I accepted assistance from the Horde, you burned down Teldrassil not long after. I am done receiving help from the Horde, though I am by no means finished with them. We will determine why the Moon Goddess is silent, and when that is finished, there will be a reckoning for your ilk.”

After this, the Horde player is left on their own devises to help in Ardenweald. After it’s done, a second meeting with Tyrande.

Tyrande: “So you have kept to your word and lent your assistance. Much of who I thought you were in Val’sharah might still remain. I will not thank you though. Teldrassil still happened. Rest assured, I will not allow a repeat of the past, and I intend to make sure the Horde is stripped of its teeth one way or another.”

10 Likes

I like this a lot. It makes sense. She should have a company of Sentinels behind her too with arrows and glaves at the ready.

The bold section seems a tad bit soft but I still like it, especially the last part. There should be a pause between one way or another for emphasis.

What about after Tyrande see’s the horde player help with something like the souls of the Night Elves and slyly says “I thank you for helping my people” then she promtly one shots them. She then says “however had it not been for your kind their souls would have never been in the maw in the first place”, Tyrande then walks away and only after that can the player release.

The problem is that this is exactly what horde players are complaining about. They either want to work with no Tyrande at all or work with a Tyrande that’s unreasonable and has forgiven Teldrassil already without anything happening. Basically a Tyrande that acts like a Horde character that doesn’t care about Teldrassil or the War of Thorns.

6 Likes

Leave Night Elf players alone, they have every reason to be absolutely LIVID.

Their whole race was pushed to the brink of extinction and their home burned on a whim simply because the developers wanted to show how much of a threat Sylvanas was.

Garrosh was forced into a stalemate with them in Ashenvale, but in BfA NE’s are suddenly pushovers who can literally have their defenses be rogued to death and pushed all the way back to Teldrassil in a short time period because…reasons.

And their only ‘revenge’ was wiping out a tiny outpost of Forsaken nobodies and killing one lousy Val’kyr while Blightcaller conveniently escapes and thumbs his nose with a mustache twirling ‘next time Gadget!’ monologue.

And to add even further insult to injury, Tyrande and the Night Elves are implied to be unreasonable warmongers when they don’t just simply accept peace with the same Horde who was happy to carry out Sylvanas’s orders to burn their home and have none of its many war criminals held to any level of accountability much less be put on trial.

It’s just ‘in the past’ and they’re the ‘unreasonable’ ones for not just dealing with it? That’s the ultimate slap to the face of Night Elves and their dedicated playerbase.

You may not care, but they do and so do I.

12 Likes

Again, both factions had to get a victory from that scenario, since both are player factions and the purpose was to open up the warfront, not settle the matter.

Arathi did not even get that or any kind of set up. Both sides are just there fighting.

1 Like

Not really they don’t just give both factions a victory in every patch. The War of Thorns was a complete Horde victory and a devastating defeat for the alliance. 8.1 should’ve been a night elf victory but turns out killing the val’kyr did absolutely nothing and nathanos got what he wanted.

2 Likes

I personally would really not care. Plus presumably all the souls what died in the war are there so it’s not like we’re bereft of reasons to be invested.

Then again I also didn’t understand the winging over the lack of Horde characters in Legion’s finale. Sure Illidain and Khadgar are of Alliance playable races but they aren’t aligned with the faction. Velen is but he’s the only one from Argus, Dranei in general had the most personal investment. I mean it’d have been neat I guess to have say, Master Apothecary Lydon up there giving his ten copper scientific opinion on the planet or w/e but wouldnt have really enhanced the story. It’d have felt like a bolted on Horde token toon because that’s what it would’ve been.

1 Like

I’d rather just have Tyrande cut from the expansion altogether than that.

1 Like

Just like most horde players because they don’t benefit from it when something good happens to the night elves finally

6 Likes

I don’t see how an obnoxious forced one-shot and corpse run for me is something good happening to night elf players.

2 Likes

Personally I’m of the school of thought that believes there are no bad creative ideas, just bad execution.

BFA was the apotheosis of that maxim. All the content ideas sounded really neat to me but when implemented were tearfully dull. So while fishing for souls with Tyrande, a character I’ve no strong feelings for whatsoever, sounds pretty bleh - who knows. If it’s a challenging quest with interesting mechanics and clever writing it could be great.

1 Like

my bad thought you were refering to this:

I probably should have quoted the bit instead of just making it a reply. I thought about it but ended up not bothering, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised it could be read another way.

If they don’t want to work with Tyrande, they shouldn’t pick Ardenweald. Luckily, there’s 3 other options. This goes for Alliance who hate her as well.

2 Likes

Some time after the Second War, Greymane constructed the Greymane Wall — an enormous stone barrier that now separates Gilneas from Lordaeron. Attempting to forever remove his nation from what he considered “other people’s troubles”, he barricaded the majority of Gilneas behind the Wall. No one, not even other humans were allowed to enter Gilneas. The lands of Lord Darius Crowley including Pyrewood and Ambermill were notably separated from their liege and nation by the Wall,[5] effectively ceded to Lordaeron. The Greymane Wall even remained closed to human refugees begging to be allowed in during and after the Scourge’s invasion of Lordaeron. The status of Gilneas became unclear to the outside world.

At the peak of their strength, the Scourge relentlessly assaulted the Greymane Wall and threatened to devour all Gilneas. King Greymane’s armies held the wall for days against a massive sea of undead hordes, but for every undead that fell, another took its place.[5]

In a desperate attempt to hold the seemingly-unstoppable Scourge at bay, Greymane ordered his court archmage, Arugal, to unleash a ‘secret weapon’ against the Scourge — the worgen, who had been contained for millennia in the Emerald Dream. Unfortunately, after attacking the Scourge, the worgen turned on the Gilnean soldiers, infecting them with their Curse,[13] and began attacking other humans living in Silverpine Forest. Before long the affliction had advanced through the legendary barrier and was gradually eating away at Gilneas’ humanity. As reports of strange attacks and disappearances rose, fear took root in the hearts of Genn’s people.